Author Topic: Kevin Love the target of Paul George's deal...??  (Read 1815 times)

Kevin Love the target of Paul George's deal...??
« on: June 28, 2017, 06:48:46 AM »

Offline drogbagarnett

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 37
I'm surprised nobody brought this up but this is something that could definitely happen given the better fit, and recent interests of all parties...

The arguments are the following:

- PG and Hayward can play together but that would feel a little bit like a waste having 4 good players at the swing spot while left with glaring needs of talent at the bigs spot.

- Jaylen and Tatum need playing time to develop, they would be buried behind PG and Hayward.

- Love still has it as we all saw in the eastern conf finals...

- Love has more years on his contract while PG is basically a rental who could leave for LA... (don't buy that extend rumor, he is better off becoming a free agent choosing is team and making more money)

- Cleveland has been looking for a 3 way deal sending Love and getting PG... (third team rumoured was Denver, could we beat their offer without the LAL/SAC pick...?)

- Love answers our needs of talented big who can rebound and space the floor at a very high level. Plus he can be a go to scorer option down low like when he showed flashes of his Minnesota days recently...

Am I the only one that thinks this makes too much sense and might be what is really brewing in Danny's office...??

If we can send Crowder + Zeller + Rozier (sniff!) + BOS 18 + LAC 1st + 2 second rounders of their choice + fillers (Jackson and Mickey) to Indiana for 1 year rental of PG (that Cleveland and LeBron will deal with trying to retain) and get Kevin Love....

Imagine a team of :

Thomas Smart Allen
Bradley Brown Bird
Hayward Tatum Nader
Love Theis Semi
Horford Zizic "ring chaser"

I find this:
- More likely
- A better fit for all parties
- More sustainable
- Aligned with recent rumours
- More balanced long term

Not sure we pass Cavs or GSW this year but definitely armed to be contenders in 2018 with potentially 2 top 6 picks...

What do you guys think...?
« Last Edit: June 28, 2017, 06:54:44 AM by drogbagarnett »

Re: Kevin Love the target of Paul George's deal...??
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2017, 06:58:30 AM »

Online The Oracle

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 597
It's just not possible to do.  Zeller would have to be dumped to sign Hayward and there would then be additional salary that would have to be sent out to get Love.

« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2017, 07:19:32 AM »

Offline drogbagarnett

• Jrue Holiday
It's just not possible to do.  Zeller would have to be dumped to sign Hayward and there would then be additional salary that would have to be sent out to get Love.

So how do they do it for PG...?

« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2017, 07:25:20 AM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1763
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
Yeah, Bradley would need to be traded instead of Zeller in the deal - Zeller is gone to sign Hayward.

I wouldn't be completely against the idea if it didn't have George going to Cavs. I like that we are keeping all of our good picks, but if Indy is willing to trade George for that package, I would rather have George. If Indy is completely left out of the deal, I could probably be convinced, but don't really want to deal with the Cavs...or AB and Crowder on the Cavs.

« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2017, 07:29:31 AM »

Online The Oracle

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 597

So how do they do it for PG...?
By dumping most of the roster and then trading Bradley and Crowder for George.  Bradley and Crowder wouldn't be enough salary for Love, someone like Smart/Rozier would have to be added.

« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2017, 08:07:56 AM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1549
The other thing, if George is renegotiated and extended he would actually make more money and would expire when he was eligible for the 10 year max giving him that one last huge pay day at an age when he could realistically expect to get that 5 year max.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2017, 08:10:25 AM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25628
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
George is much better in today's NBA. Why do you think Cleveland is trying to acquire him?

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2017, 08:12:22 AM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
George is much better in today's NBA. Why do you think Cleveland is trying to acquire him?
That would be true if he wasn't violently opposed to playing PF (even situationally). As it is, he's just a SF whose injury robbed him of some of his defensive capability. Cleveland likes him because LeBron doesn't fuss about playing PF.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2017, 08:20:05 AM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25628
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
That would be true if he wasn't violently opposed to playing PF (even situationally). As it is, he's just a SF whose injury robbed him of some of his defensive capability. Cleveland likes him because LeBron doesn't fuss about playing PF.

Lebron has griped about it in the past, too.

George played 39% of his time there a season ago. I'd expect him to buy in more playing positionless basketball alongside elite teammates, as opposed to playing PF in traditional sets just to get Monta Ellis or CJ Miles into the lineup.

Here are his thoughts on the subject:

“The more we've had practice time and I've had sit-down moments with coach and with Larry, the more at ease I've felt about this situation,” George said.

it's starting to get to position-less basketball, and that's how it's been for us. When we have C.J. Miles playing the 4 spot, it's not necessarily him being a 4 man. It's just another playmaker on the court to go along with the other three guys. That's the way the NBA is going, a lot of guys who can play multiple positions.

“We'd always been a team that had two bigs posting on the blocks, which really takes away all driving lanes, and all possibilities getting to the rim and being aggressive off the bounce,” George says. “That's what we can do now, having four perimeter guys out there and one big man trailing and being a floor spacer. We're able to drive and get to the basket now.”
« Last Edit: June 28, 2017, 08:27:00 AM by Roy H. »

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2017, 09:06:01 AM »

Offline drogbagarnett

• Jrue Holiday

Someone like butler is also better in today's NBA but at some point you got to stop adding swings (Hayward Tatum Nader Brown Crowder Semi Georges) and fill a glaring need for a rebounding big especially if that rebounding big can turn out to be your best floor space and go to scorer!!

« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2017, 09:13:17 AM »

Offline Jvalin

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 737

If we can send Crowder + Zeller + Rozier (sniff!) + BOS 18 + LAC 1st + 2 second rounders of their choice + fillers (Jackson and Mickey) to Indiana for 1 year rental of PG (that Cleveland and LeBron will deal with trying to retain) and get Kevin Love....
If we trade Zeller we can no longer sign Hayward.

Love to Boston
George to Cleveland
Crowder or IT  + Bradley + Rozier + non Brooklyn pick(s) to Indy

This way, we can add both Hayward and Love (provided that we sign Hayward before the trade).

Problem is, our defense would be horrible. 4 out of 5 starters would be average/ (way) below average defenders.

IT - Smart
Brown - Gerald Green(?)
Hayward - Tatum
Love - Ojeleye
Horford - Zizic