Author Topic: 2017 Free Agency Rumors/Signings Thread  (Read 159441 times)

Re: 2017 Free Agency Rumors/Signings Thread
« Reply #60 on: July 01, 2017, 02:06:20 AM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
Woj says derrick rose was hoping to go to Minnesota to reunite with thibs but wolves went in a diff direction with Teague lol

« Reply #61 on: July 01, 2017, 02:11:03 AM »

Online RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1406
  • Let's Go Celtics!
Woj says derrick rose was hoping to go to Minnesota to reunite with thibs but wolves went in a diff direction with Teague lol

I'm surprised the Wolves didn't make a run at Kyle Lowry. That seems like a better fit to me.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #62 on: July 01, 2017, 02:20:39 AM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge

I'm surprised the Wolves didn't make a run at Kyle Lowry. That seems like a better fit to me.
True

Wolves making run for Millsap too

https://twitter.com/FisolaNYDN/status/880996542328565760

« Reply #63 on: July 01, 2017, 02:34:10 AM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
So, are the Celtics doing anything or is it just Hayward or bust at this point?
Don't think we can do much of anything before Hayward makes a decision.

Bull.

You can talk to guys. Hayward's not a lock, make in roads with other players in case he doesn't commit.

Exactly.

None of these agreements won't be signed until July 7th anyway, so go ahead and talk to players. They know what's up, and they know what we can offer without killing our cap room for our plans.

You can't just do nothing.

Danny, if you're reading this, Andrew Bogut. Call him. NOW! Give him the Room Exception.
room exception? He isn't even worth the minimum. The guy was a cavalier for literally 70 seconds before going down in season ending injury. He's a joke

Yeah. The DPOY this year credits him for teaching him a lot.

We have a young Center coming in, why not have a mentor as good as Bogut to teach him the ropes, and be a solid Center option at the same time? I mean, we need a big.
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

« Reply #64 on: July 01, 2017, 02:36:58 AM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge

Bull.

You can talk to guys. Hayward's not a lock, make in roads with other players in case he doesn't commit.

Exactly.

None of these agreements won't be signed until July 7th anyway, so go ahead and talk to players. They know what's up, and they know what we can offer without killing our cap room for our plans.

Danny, if you're reading this, Andrew Bogut. Call him. NOW! Give him the Room Exception.
room exception? He isn't even worth the minimum. The guy was a cavalier for literally 70 seconds before going down in season ending injury. He's a joke

We have a young Center coming in, why not have a mentor as good as Bogut to teach him the ropes, and be a solid Center option at the same time? I mean, we need a big.
the minimum. I'd prefer to use exceptions on a 4 like jamychael green

« Reply #65 on: July 01, 2017, 02:44:51 AM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842

Bull.

Exactly.

I mean Avery Bradley said KG taught him a lot but I'm not tryna being KG in under the room exception.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #66 on: July 01, 2017, 03:01:09 AM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Enough with the JaMychal Green talk. Seen a few people mentioning him for quite some time. He is a restricted free agent that Memphis will match in a New York second. He isn't worth the time to discuss.

« Reply #67 on: July 01, 2017, 03:05:35 AM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
Enough with the JaMychal Green talk. Seen a few people mentioning him for quite some time. He is a restricted free agent that Memphis will match in a New York second. He isn't worth the time to discuss.
what about speights

« Reply #68 on: July 01, 2017, 03:16:14 AM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
what about speights
Speights at the vet min is a good get. He definitely fills a role, though he has his issues too. He is a major black hole. But when on, you can feed him and have a positive bench contributor.

« Reply #69 on: July 01, 2017, 03:27:15 AM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
Brad Turner‏Verified account @BA_Turner 11h11 hours ago
JJ Redick interested in joining Rockets if finances can work, per source. He still looking at 76ers, Nets for between $16-$18 million a year

« Reply #70 on: July 01, 2017, 06:32:27 AM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 972
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
what about speights
Speights at the vet min is a good get. He definitely fills a role, though he has his issues too. He is a major black hole. But when on, you can feed him and have a positive bench contributor.
I'm ok with Speights, but Bogut just seems like a waste.  Guy is washed up.  In any case, a vet big is not #1 priority today, I don't think we'll hear about that until after Hayward decision.  Decks are cleared for that.

« Reply #71 on: July 01, 2017, 06:49:05 AM »

Offline LilRip

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 391

True

I'm guessing it's a salary cap thing. Teague didn't get the max whereas a player like Lowry might command it. I think the Wolves would rather have Teague-Millsap than just Lowry. Man, imagine that lineup:

Teague-Butler-Wiggins-Millsap-KAT

The wolves are looking good! I'd root for them.
- LilRip

« Reply #72 on: July 01, 2017, 07:52:00 AM »

Offline dreamgreen

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182

True

I'm guessing it's a salary cap thing. Teague didn't get the max whereas a player like Lowry might command it. I think the Wolves would rather have Teague-Millsap than just Lowry. Man, imagine that lineup:

Teague-Butler-Wiggins-Millsap-KAT

The wolves are looking good! I'd root for them.

Yea I kind of like that team. Be fun to see a new playoff team rise out of the west.

« Reply #73 on: July 01, 2017, 07:53:23 AM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 972
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
So Lowry and Millsap are next, right?  If they go to the West too, it's just 2 more reasons the C's will be in even better position in the East, at least.  Haven't heard much from Washington, Toronto, Atlanta, Cleveland...

« Reply #74 on: July 01, 2017, 08:17:50 AM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
So Lowry and Millsap are next, right?  If they go to the West too, it's just 2 more reasons the C's will be in even better position in the East, at least.  Haven't heard much from Washington, Toronto, Atlanta, Cleveland...

Lowry and Porter both had meetings with their current teams of Toronto and Washington last night.  I'd expect the status quo there, mostly.  The Raptors are rumored to be looking into moving Valanciunas so they can keep Ibaka and move him to the 5.