Author Topic: Does George make us the team to beat and is it worth giving up the lakers pick?  (Read 3275 times)

Offline td450

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 254
Is it possible to give up the Lakers pick without giving up with Sacramento back up pick?

That Marvin Bagley kid looks INSANE.

I thought of that too, and it was pointed out that we can't get the #1 pick in 2019. We get the better of the Sac or Philly picks, unless its #1, then we get the lesser pick.

Offline jade88

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 20
A bird in the hand.................

Yea, some of you get so excited over prospects. We could have an elite offense and very good defense as soon as next year.

Offline KGBirdBias

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 125
If this is true, then I think Ainge may already have a deal in place with Pritchard.

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/246541/Paul-George-Willing-To-Commit-Long-Term-To-Cavs-If-LeBron-Stays

Offline Bobshot

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 141
If this is true, then I think Ainge may already have a deal in place with Pritchard.

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/246541/Paul-George-Willing-To-Commit-Long-Term-To-Cavs-If-LeBron-Stays

I would think this is the kind of reassurance Ainge is looking for. So pull the trigger, Danny.
The season depends on it. And don't forget to cut Zeller by 7/2.

Offline BostonClamCrowdah

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 14
I'm not YUUUGE on George, but YES it's worth the Lakers pick.

Last week we didn't even have the Lakers pick, and yet we still thought we had a bunch of elite assets.

Last week, if someone told you, that you could keep The Brooklyn '17 and '18 picks, and get Paul George, would you do it? Yes? So why would that change now?

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2906
Yes, it's definitely worth the Lakers pick.

People should realize that the Lakers pick was essentially a free asset Danny was given by trading down to get his guy. I'm much more willing to part with that essentially "free" asset than the Brooklyn pick, Tatum, or Brown. And I still think the Lakers pick trumps any other offer from Cleveland or Houston.

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2923
  • On To Banner 18!

People should realize that the Lakers pick was essentially a free asset Danny was given by trading down to get his guy. I'm much more willing to part with that essentially "free" asset than the Brooklyn pick, Tatum, or Brown. And I still think the Lakers pick trumps any other offer from Cleveland or Houston.

Plus, maybe the Pacers feel they can "stick it" to the Lakers by not giving them George AND potentially having a top-5 pick come their way next season  :laugh:
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

Offline More Banners

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 257

Plus, maybe the Pacers feel they can "stick it" to the Lakers by not giving them George AND potentially having a top-5 pick come their way next season  :laugh:

Ainge and Bird.vs Magic?

No contest.

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
he can made a few teams Team or than Lakers who aren't rady to compete have a better chance of winning a conference or possibly a title.

George brings th Celtics much closer than anybody else who might be available soon .

If you can' get George , the next option is save every asset possible and trade for Davis one day.