Author Topic: George, Brown, Tatum is a lot of length and athleticism to defend Durant 48 mins  (Read 2037 times)

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196
The more I think about it, if this works out and Wyc is willing to go all in, this could be a spurs like run(well maybe like 10-15 years)

If the trade is AB(or you could move him in a separate deal) Jae, LA/Sac pick and Mem/LAC pick

*Rosier might have to be moved as well.

Leaves you with

IT.      Smart
Brown.   Green(vet min)
Hayward Tatum
George.     Jerebko?
Horford.      Zicic

Like the title says, that is a lot of length and athleticism to throw at Durant from our wings.

We would still have Smart, Brown, Hayward,IT and possibly Rosier to defend Curry and Klay

So IT(28), Hayward (27), George(27), Smart(23), Jaylen(21), Tatum(19), Brk 18

I would say Horford even has 3-5 years of solid contribution left.

Brown,Tatum and Brk 18 to build for the future

Offline mrceltics2013

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 15
The more I think about it, if this works out and Wyc is willing to go all in, this could be a spurs like run(well maybe like 10-15 years)

If the trade is AB(or you could move him in a separate deal) Jae, LA/Sac pick and Mem/LAC pick

Leaves you with

IT.      Smart
Brown.   Green(vet min)
Hayward Tatum
George.     Jerebko?
Horford.      Zicic

Like the title says, that is a lot of length and athleticism to throw at Durant from our wings.

We would still have Smart, Brown, Hayward,IT and possibly Rosier to defend Curry and Klay

Sounds like a weaker version of a top heavy team. We would desperately need more bench help. I prefer a better PG

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196

Leaves you with

IT.      Smart
Brown.   Green(vet min)
Hayward Tatum
George.     Jerebko?
Horford.      Zicic

Sounds like a weaker version of a top heavy team. We would desperately need more bench help. I prefer a better PG

That's what ring chasers are for....

Offline mrceltics2013

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 15
Boom thought about it. I just wish IT started with the 2nd unit and we had a better playmaker starting.

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
A George trade probably means one or both of Brown/Tatum is gone.
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

Offline mqtcelticsfan

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 236

That's not what the rumors are suggesting.

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389

That's not what the rumors are suggesting.

I haven't been able to follow.  Have any trade proposals been floated by reputable sources?
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

Offline PaulP34

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 39
If Paul George agrees to a 4 year extension n we trade Crowder/Smart and both Picks next year plus land Hayward this summer, the team will look like this

Thomas/Rozier @ PG
Bradley/Brown @ SG
Hayward/Ojeleye @ SF
George/Tatum @ PF
Horford/Zizic @ C

Only team possible

Gonna have to put two rookies on the bench in Semi and Tatum. No way r we trading Brown or Tatum. And this team still wont beat Cavs or Warriors. Waste of picks. Dont see it falling through...

Offline MVPPierceNoJoke

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 106
If Paul George agrees to a 4 year extension n we trade Crowder/Smart and both Picks next year plus land Hayward this summer, the team will look like this

Thomas/Rozier @ PG
Bradley/Brown @ SG
Hayward/Ojeleye @ SF
George/Tatum@PF
Horford/Zizic @ C

Only team possible

Gonna have to put two rookies on the bench in Semi and Tatum. No way r we trading Brown or Tatum
That team looks good on paper, but it is scary to think that Horford and Zizic are all the Celtics got for bigs. God forbid if Horford was to miss a month or two

Offline bopna

• NGT
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 136

Thomas/Rozier @ PG
Bradley/Brown @ SG
Hayward/Ojeleye @ SF
George/Tatum @ PF
Horford/Zizic @ C

Only team possible

Gonna have to put two rookies on the bench in Semi and Tatum. No way r we trading Brown or Tatum. And this team still wont beat Cavs or Warriors. Waste of picks. Dont see it falling through...

Id bet that team beats the Cavs. There us no way Lebron can cover 4 good offensive players. PG alone went berserk against them in round one with no help.
Your putting way too much stock on a soon to be 33 yr old Lebron...

The Warriors will be a difficult task but we seem to always play well against them so we will find out about that one.

Offline PaulP34

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 39
Plus i think Avery Bradley is way more valuable then we think. If IT doesnt come back at 100% i can see Danny Ainge switching him to PG.

Bradley PG
Brown SG
Hayward SF
George PF
Horford/Zizic C

Offline RockinRyA

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 699
Plus i think Avery Bradley is way more valuable then we think. If IT doesnt come back at 100% i can see Danny Ainge switching him to PG.

Bradley PG
Brown SG
Hayward SF
George PF
Horford/Zizic C

If we are getting both George and Hayward, Bradley is gone. Also haven't we see  a lot of Bradley at PG experiment to know that it is a horrible idea?!

Offline KGBirdBias

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 125
I believe Ainge will try to hold onto either Smart or Rozier to see if IT comes back from his injury.

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833

Nope