Author Topic: It's never the obvious...  (Read 2969 times)

It's never the obvious...
« on: June 27, 2017, 10:14:48 PM »

Offline Fireworks_Boom!

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 57
Rarely has anyone been able to figure out Danny's next move before it happens. So the news about both George/Hayward I am taking with a grain of salt.

I do think Ainge is targeting a 2-part acquisition. I believe Hayward is the obvious 1st part. The 2nd part is still a mystery to me. I don't believe it is George.

If there is one thing we know about DA it is that he'll swing big and go for the fences. The fences in this case being Anthony Davis.

Could NOP seriously say no to this trade offer:

Jaylen Brown
Jayson Tatum
Jae Crowder
Tyler Zeller
Brooklyn '18
LAL '18 or SAC '19

I mean that package is legit. 4 Top 5 picks + a cost controlled piece in Crowder.

AND we retain a lineup of:

PG: Thomas
SG: Bradley
SF: Hayward
PF: Davis
C: Horford

BENCH: Rozier, Smart, Nader, Zizic, Ojeleye, Yabusele, etc.

Re: It's never the obvious...
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2017, 10:23:35 PM »

Offline GreenEnvy

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1031
I love AD as much as the next guy, but that offer is way, wayyyyy too much.
CELTICS 2024

« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2017, 10:26:38 PM »

Offline G-Bones

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 89
One guy is worth 4 potential all-stars? Lol  I don't think so

« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2017, 10:28:50 PM »

Offline droopdog7

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 466
Offer still not enough to get Davis.

« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2017, 10:32:20 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1756
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
I was thinking next year would be the time to go after Davis. IMO, an offer of Horford, Brown (or Tatum), the BKN first, and an additional first would be the principal pieces. Davis makes less than Horford so this could actually be a benefit to our salary cap situation. He will also only have two years left on his contract (before a player option in 20-21) so he may be a little more affordable than this year.

« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2017, 10:35:46 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
Would you take that offer for Davis? Would you have taken a few 19 year olds for Tim Duncan? Or Lebron?

« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2017, 10:57:49 PM »

Offline GreenEnvy

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1031
Would you take that offer for Davis? Would you have taken a few 19 year olds for Tim Duncan? Or Lebron?

Let's not compare AD to either of those, please.

Both of those guys won at least conference finals in their first 5 seasons, Anthony Davis doesn't have a single playoff win.

Those are two of arguably the ten best, ever.
CELTICS 2024

« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2017, 11:10:20 PM »

Offline G-Bones

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 89
. What have the Pels won with a one man team?

« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2017, 11:25:01 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman

Let's not compare AD to either of those, please.

Both of those guys won at least conference finals in their first 5 seasons, Anthony Davis doesn't have a single playoff win.

Those are two of arguably the ten best, ever.
AD is All NBA and never played with David Robinson under Popovic and LeBron I think only went to the finals once his first 7 years.

AD is an elite player. He comes right after Durant, Bron, Curry, and Westbrook. He's probably a half notch higher than Harden.

« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2017, 11:26:38 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
. What have the Pels won with a one man team?
What have the Celtics won without a superstar?

« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2017, 11:42:01 PM »

Offline byennie

• Webmaster
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 3033
Anthony Davis is arguably the most valuable asset in the entire league; the only reason he can ever be traded for is because NO fears losing him and could decide something is the best offer they'll ever get. Unlikely, but that's the scenario.

Give me a break on anyone complaining about his lack of playoff success. The guy is 28/12 plus All-Defense (and deserves it), hits his free throws, and is just entering his prime years. He's not the problem in NO. As much as we all love intangibles it becomes a joke when you call out a 24 year-old MVP candidate because he hasn't carried a team of scrubs to the finals yet. Add AD to any number of actual good franchises and they win a ton of games.

« Reply #11 on: June 27, 2017, 11:47:21 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
The godfather offer

« Reply #12 on: June 27, 2017, 11:49:01 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
Anthony Davis is arguably the most valuable asset in the entire league; the only reason he can ever be traded for is because NO fears losing him and could decide something is the best offer they'll ever get. Unlikely, but that's the scenario.

Give me a break on anyone complaining about his lack of playoff success. The guy is 28/12 plus All-Defense (and deserves it), hits his free throws, and is just entering his prime years. He's not the problem in NO. As much as we all love intangibles it becomes a joke when you call out a 24 year-old MVP candidate because he hasn't carried a team of scrubs to the finals yet. Add AD to any number of actual good franchises and they win a ton of games.
AD now plays with hothead cousins, someone who no one enjoys playing with. How long can AD play with the hothead and miss the playoffs before he gets disgruntled and demands a trade. If KG never voiced displeasure with the wolves, we would neveR have him

« Reply #13 on: June 28, 2017, 12:07:14 AM »

Offline uconnceltic

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 2
Rarely has anyone been able to figure out Danny's next move before it happens. So the news about both George/Hayward I am taking with a grain of salt.

I do think Ainge is targeting a 2-part acquisition. I believe Hayward is the obvious 1st part. The 2nd part is still a mystery to me. I don't believe it is George.

If there is one thing we know about DA it is that he'll swing big and go for the fences. The fences in this case being Anthony Davis.

Jaylen Brown
Jayson Tatum
Jae Crowder
Tyler Zeller
Brooklyn '18
LAL '18 or SAC '19

I mean that package is legit. 4 Top 5 picks + a cost controlled piece in Crowder.

No way Danny would do that as it takes away the work of the last two drafts and possible future stars.
Way to much for one player

« Reply #14 on: June 28, 2017, 12:17:30 AM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871

Jaylen Brown
Jayson Tatum
Jae Crowder
Tyler Zeller
Brooklyn '18
LAL '18 or SAC '19

LOL.....Ainge will be fired on the spot. That is a terrible trade. Davis is not worth that haul.