Author Topic: Would the George/Hayward Celtics have a chance against the Dubs?  (Read 6674 times)

Re: Would the George/Hayward Celtics have a chance against the Dubs?
« Reply #15 on: June 27, 2017, 07:28:32 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.
If GSW does indeed lose Iggy; we might have a punchers chance.

- We're hoping Tatum can score at least 12-16 PPG off the gate. (I actually believe he can average over 18 later in the year, he's just that skilled.)-

- We would need to make some deals to upgrade our bigs.

- I would like to actually see if Tony Allen would like to come back. He could be a player chasing a ring, helping us to defend Klay, Durant, and Steph.

-How quick will it take for chemistry to develop between the team? You have 3 players, who were all go to scorers on their team. Can they prove to not be selfish? Give into Ubuntu? Adapt and assimilate into Brad Stevens ideologies and philosophies?

-How does the duo of Tatum, and Jaylen Brown stack up after being together?
Danny Ainge compares and contrasts soon-to-be best friends Jayson Tatum and Jaylen Brown. "I think they’ll work really well together."
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #16 on: June 27, 2017, 07:31:43 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Defensively that team has holes everywhere and is far inferior to G.S..  The youth the C's would be counting on also would be a major problem.  Not remotely worth dumping half the roster for.

"Half the roster" is Jae Crowder, AB, and a bunch of spare parts.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #17 on: June 27, 2017, 07:32:03 PM »

Offline keevsnick

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 549
I say very even series , we have a solid chance.
What are the chances of keeping Bradley?

This was posted on the front page (credit to Big Green Ticket).

https://i.redd.it/oxm3rnbjkf5z.png

I am not sure how legitimate it is, but it looks like you can trade Smart and Crowder for picks, then sign Hayward, then s&t KO plus those picks/additional picks for George.

Problem with this is why would Indiana prefer Kelly Ollynk on a contract big enough to trade for George over the cost controlled Jae Crowder who is a better player, especially since they already have Myles Turner? It makes sense for the Celtics, but not the Pacers.

Also as noted if we get George and Hayward we are losing Bradley after a year anyway. There's no way to pay the big four and Bradley 20+ million.

« Reply #18 on: June 27, 2017, 07:33:18 PM »

Offline BostonClamCrowdah

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 14
No

But they'll lose Klay soon

« Reply #19 on: June 27, 2017, 07:34:29 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1756
  • Everybody knows what's best for you

I am not sure how legitimate it is, but it looks like you can trade Smart and Crowder for picks, then sign Hayward, then s&t KO plus those picks/additional picks for George.

Problem with this is why would Indiana prefer Kelly Ollynk on a contract big enough to trade for George over the cost controlled Jae Crowder who is a better player, especially since they already have Myles Turner? It makes sense for the Celtics, but not the Pacers.

Edit - Oops...my response to your post was initially not correct. I forgot to include any salary in the George deal - we would still need to include something even with Crowder/Smart gone in the previous deal.

I definitely agree with you, though. It's possible, perhaps, that Indy really likes KO...who knows?
« Last Edit: June 27, 2017, 07:52:14 PM by jambr380 »

« Reply #20 on: June 27, 2017, 07:35:36 PM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196
Defensively that team has holes everywhere and is far inferior to G.S..  The youth the C's would be counting on also would be a major problem.  Not remotely worth dumping half the roster for.

Plus Paul George is a 3 time all NBA defender, still likely have smart off the bench, and Brown and Tatum are young athletic wings who should be at least competent on D.

« Reply #21 on: June 27, 2017, 07:37:25 PM »

Offline jakeopp

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 12
I'd feel better about beating them if can somehow keep both Bradley and Marcus. If we lose both of them then our defense goes down the drain completely. Having IT on the floor at all against that team scares me tbh. Curry needs a physical defender on him & he can shoot right over IT. Nowhere to hide him against that team though.

« Reply #22 on: June 27, 2017, 07:45:34 PM »

Offline JBcat

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 512

It depends what the Pacers are looking for. They probably want to build around Turner, and they might like the idea of the extra picks generated from us trading Crowder and Smart, plus picks we already have.  They could probably flip Kelly later for a pick. Essentially it's like trading Kelly, Crowder, Smart and picks for George.

A neat way to keep Bradley, but presents problems a year from now. Wyc doesn't mind paying that tax though. Lol

« Reply #23 on: June 27, 2017, 07:49:56 PM »

Offline keevsnick

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 549

It depends what the Pacers are looking for. They probably want to build around Turner, and they might like the idea of the extra picks generated from us trading Crowder and Smart, plus picks we already have.  They could probably flip Kelly later for a pick. Essentially it's like trading Kelly, Crowder, Smart and picks for George.

A neat way to keep Bradley, but presents problems a year from now. Wyc doesn't mind paying that tax though. Lol

Ya its certainly not impossible, but I just its far more likely its a Crowder/Bradley swap for George. Also there a chance some team comes along and offers Ollynk a truly stupid contract that the Pacers wouldn't want to take on in a sign and trade, so it could all blow up.

« Reply #24 on: June 27, 2017, 07:51:12 PM »

Offline chambers

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 943
  • Boston Celtics= Championships, nothing less.

Also, I think sending out Avery Bradley+Jae Crowder and keeping Smart with Jaylen works out to be better for us in the medium/short term.
This scenario sees Bradley staying for one year. I think Smart's contract/age/RFA status means he is much more likely to stay.

Jerebko is also waived and re-signed on his roster list.

Cool idea though and glad somone made an attempt at this.
"We are lucky we have a very patient GM that isn't willing to settle for being good and coming close. He wants to win a championship and we have the potential to get there still with our roster and assets."

quoting 'Greg B' on RealGM after 2017 trade deadline.
Read that last line again. One more time.

« Reply #25 on: June 27, 2017, 07:51:12 PM »

Offline Jvalin

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 737
We 'd be hoping someone from their big 4 gets injured while we face no major injury concerns and we are at the top of our form. Even then, the Warriors may still be the favorites to win the series. I mean, they broke the Bulls' record for most wins in the regular season without KD!! Let's face it, it's highly likely that the Warriors are the best team in NBA history.

« Reply #26 on: June 27, 2017, 07:53:57 PM »

Offline byennie

• Webmaster
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 3033
Chance at being a better team? Unlikely, if both teams are healthy.
Chance at winning a championship? Absolutely.

We've already beat GS twice in a row on the road (yes, regular season) because we match up well. If healthy, they are going to win more games and be the favorite, but we'd have every chance to win the east and beat them 4 times out of 7.

« Reply #27 on: June 27, 2017, 07:54:42 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1756
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
We 'd be hoping someone from their big 4 gets injured while we face no major injury concerns and we are at the top of our form. Even then, the Warriors may still be the favorites to win the series. I mean, they broke the Bulls' record for most wins in the regular season without KD!! Let's face it, it's highly likely that the Warriors are the best team in NBA history.

Yeah, getting George (am already assuming Hayward) gets us to a point where we only need to hope for an injury on the Warriors, rather than the Cavs and Warriors.

« Reply #28 on: June 27, 2017, 07:54:53 PM »

Offline The Oracle

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 597

I don't think your proposed roster is even possible because one of Zizic or Smart would have to go in every scenario I believe.  Olynyk is far from spare parts in this league.  If you keep Zizic instead of Smart all that would remain from last years regular rotation is I.T., Horford and Brown.

« Reply #29 on: June 27, 2017, 08:02:10 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 990

And if Kawhi Leonard wasn't hurt, Warriors would not have even sniffed at the finals. Game 1 they were getting blown out at Oracle before Leonard got hurt for the rest of the season.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)