Author Topic: What will it take to get George?  (Read 9576 times)

Re: What will it take to get George?
« Reply #30 on: June 27, 2017, 07:22:14 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Crowder, rozier, zeller, 2018 celtics 1st, at least one if 2019 memphis/clippers 1st, a bunch of 2nd rounders

Danny wont include brown nor tatum... Cant see thathappening

Still the package above is an overpay for a 1 year pg13 rental

« Reply #31 on: June 27, 2017, 07:24:06 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
per Kaufman on Celtics @ 7 this AM on 98.5.

Deal he was hearing was the pick acquired from Philly (LAL 18 or Sac 19), a non Brooklyn pick, Jae Crowder, and salary filler for PG13

If the Celtics pull off the 3 year extension, its highway robbery from the pacers

Would take that deal in a heartbeat...although Bradley has to be moved also somewhere

Why?

Doesnt Crowder, zeller, rozier work?

Or could the celts sign and trade KO as well?

« Reply #32 on: June 27, 2017, 07:25:33 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
I hate to include the 2018 lakers or 2019 kings pick

You get PG13...so that the 2018 lakers pick is at the 2-5 range

« Reply #33 on: June 27, 2017, 07:27:37 PM »

Offline mctyson

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 372
Crowder, rozier, zeller, 2018 celtics 1st, at least one if 2019 memphis/clippers 1st, a bunch of 2nd rounders

Danny wont include brown nor tatum... Cant see thathappening

Still the package above is an overpay for a 1 year pg13 rental

I actually think that is fair. Indy gets a good player in Crowder on a super deal for a few years, gets to try out Rozier at PG, and gets some future picks to build off of.

I stop if Bradley has to go.  Then it is an overpay.

« Reply #34 on: June 27, 2017, 07:35:08 PM »

Offline keevsnick

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 549

Which is why they are willing to give you a top 15 NBA player who is only 27. Also there's no guarantee that pick is top five. People forget the Lakers just essentially swapped Russel for Ball, and added Brook Lopez who is pretty good. That pick may probably wont convey till 19.

« Reply #35 on: June 27, 2017, 07:54:57 PM »

Offline chiken Green

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 75
We are bidding against ourselves at this point..  The Pacers have no Leverage.  IF they dont make a move this year they will get nothing.. He simply walks.

2 first round picks (no bk - no Laker)  and 2 starters on a 50+ win team is more than what any other team can offer... Heck throw some second round picks in there..

And if Danny loses out to the Cavs then its whatever..  (Guarenteeing a trip to the finals)
Other than Cle No other team can offer them anything better than our non premium package.

« Reply #36 on: June 27, 2017, 07:55:06 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce

Which is why they are willing to give you a top 15 NBA player who is only 27. Also there's no guarantee that pick is top five. People forget the Lakers just essentially swapped Russel for Ball, and added Brook Lopez who is pretty good. That pick may probably wont convey till 19.

and the kings are bound to stink

I guess if that is what it takes...

but no AB ...  can't give up both crowder and AB

lineup

Horford
PG13
Hayward
AB
IT4

Zizic
Tatum/Yabu
Brown/Semi
Smart/Nadel
Allen

« Reply #37 on: June 27, 2017, 09:00:23 PM »

Offline Valid

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 27
LOLLLLLL FOR DAYS at anything thinking we can get him without either the LA/SAC pick or Brooklyn pick

That is just ridiculously silly. The Memphis or LAC pick? **** learn the league
I understand what you're saying, but I also think you are undervaluing the Memphis and Clippers picks.

Gasol is aging and the Grizzlies don't exactly have a lot of young talent, so they might be nothing more than a middle-of-the-pack team in a couple of years.

As far as the Clippers, both Chris Paul and Blake Griffin are free agents, and they are trying to trade DeAndre Jordan. That team is going to look very different next year and will probably be more like the Clippers that were the laughing stock of the league for 20 years rather than the pseudo-contender they have been for the past five.

Don't kid yourself: those two picks have value.

« Reply #38 on: June 27, 2017, 09:03:43 PM »

Offline Valid

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 27

Well, we have no idea how Ball is going to perform. He's a rookie. He might end up being great, but you can't expect him to be a major difference-maker right out of the gate.

As far as Lopez, yeah, he expanded his range and can shoot the three-ball now, but he's still an awful passer, a terrible rebounder and a bad defender that opposing offenses can easily exploit in pick-and-rolls. Sure, he's an upgrade over Mozgov, but he won't make LA that much better.

« Reply #39 on: June 27, 2017, 09:07:23 PM »

Offline ETNCeltics

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 306
LOLLLLLL FOR DAYS at anything thinking we can get him without either the LA/SAC pick or Brooklyn pick

That is just ridiculously silly. The Memphis or LAC pick? **** learn the league
I understand what you're saying, but I also think you are undervaluing the Memphis and Clippers picks.

Gasol is aging and the Grizzlies don't exactly have a lot of young talent, so they might be nothing more than a middle-of-the-pack team in a couple of years.

As far as the Clippers, both Chris Paul and Blake Griffin are free agents, and they are trying to trade DeAndre Jordan. That team is going to look very different next year and will probably be more like the Clippers that were the laughing stock of the league for 20 years rather than the pseudo-contender they have been for the past five.

Don't kid yourself: those two picks have value.
The Clips pick is heavily protected for both years it's open before it converts to a 2nd rounder. It's not worth a lot.

The Memphis pick could be valuable.

« Reply #40 on: June 27, 2017, 09:46:01 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
prayers

« Reply #41 on: June 27, 2017, 09:51:36 PM »

Offline fantankerous

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 122
The LAL/Sac pick.  I'd give it up without any commitment from George.  To give a poker tournament analogy, you can't win if you're not willing to die.

« Reply #42 on: June 27, 2017, 09:55:14 PM »

Offline Rosco917

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 559
Just make sure PG signs an extension, or a new contract. I don't want him to be a one year rental, and then run to La La land.

« Reply #43 on: June 27, 2017, 10:15:09 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1756
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
per Kaufman on Celtics @ 7 this AM on 98.5.

Deal he was hearing was the pick acquired from Philly (LAL 18 or Sac 19), a non Brooklyn pick, Jae Crowder, and salary filler for PG13

If the Celtics pull off the 3 year extension, its highway robbery from the pacers

Would take that deal in a heartbeat...although Bradley has to be moved also somewhere

Why?

Doesnt Crowder, zeller, rozier work?

Or could the celts sign and trade KO as well?

Dude, I actually enjoy the 'energy' you add around here, but have you been hiding under a rock? It's been said a million times that in order to sign Hayward, all of our players not on guaranteed contracts for next year (and even ones on partially guaranteed ones) need to be renounced or moved. At the top of that list is Zeller.

In any PG deal, AB and Crowder will need to be moved. I actually think it would be more beneficial to both parties if we move AB to another team for an additional first to add to the deal. Maybe with enough firsts (Mem, LAC, AB first), we can avoid giving up that LAL first...unfortunately, I think that is just wishful thinking.

« Reply #44 on: June 27, 2017, 10:18:15 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1756
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
Just make sure PG signs an extension, or a new contract. I don't want him to be a one year rental, and then run to La La land.

As has also been mentioned a number of times, there is really no feasible way to extend or sign PG to a new contract without dumping several of IT/Brown/Tatum/Smart...in other words, that is just not happening.

We are just going to have to take his 'word' that he will re-sign. Given that we can offer 5-years, more money, and a serious chance at a championship, that is a reasonable possibility.