Author Topic: What will it take to get George?  (Read 9639 times)

Re: What will it take to get George?
« Reply #15 on: June 27, 2017, 05:16:07 PM »

Offline Jvalin

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 737
per Kaufman on Celtics @ 7 this AM on 98.5.

Deal he was hearing was the pick acquired from Philly (LAL 18 or Sac 19), a non Brooklyn pick, Jae Crowder, and salary filler for PG13

If the Celtics pull off the 3 year extension, its highway robbery from the pacers

Would take that deal in a heartbeat...although Bradley has to be moved also somewhere

Yeah, Bradley is valuable salary filler.

You think a team of IT, Smart, Hayward, Horford, George, and Tatum/Brown is strong enough to compete against GSW? We're losing two great defenders, so...

I don't know how else you propose to send out the requisite $~14.5 million in salary needed to bring back George, since all the other salary filler like Zeller and Olynyk will have to be cleared to fit Hayward.

Lets say everything clears out, and we re-sign George at the end of next year using his bird rights....

Does it compete with GSW?

I think GS is still the favorite, and if healthy and clicking they win in Five, Six at most. But its probably closer than just about any team its actually possible to assemble. And if we are keeping our premium assets like Brown, Tatum and Brk18 I say go for it. If we have to include any one of those to get George I say no, wait GS out.
Isn't LA 2018/Sac 2019 a premium asset?

« Reply #16 on: June 27, 2017, 05:40:49 PM »

Offline keevsnick

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 549

Deal he was hearing was the pick acquired from Philly (LAL 18 or Sac 19), a non Brooklyn pick, Jae Crowder, and salary filler for PG13

If the Celtics pull off the 3 year extension, its highway robbery from the pacers

Would take that deal in a heartbeat...although Bradley has to be moved also somewhere

You think a team of IT, Smart, Hayward, Horford, George, and Tatum/Brown is strong enough to compete against GSW? We're losing two great defenders, so...

I don't know how else you propose to send out the requisite $~14.5 million in salary needed to bring back George, since all the other salary filler like Zeller and Olynyk will have to be cleared to fit Hayward.

Lets say everything clears out, and we re-sign George at the end of next year using his bird rights....

I think GS is still the favorite, and if healthy and clicking they win in Five, Six at most. But its probably closer than just about any team its actually possible to assemble. And if we are keeping our premium assets like Brown, Tatum and Brk18 I say go for it. If we have to include any one of those to get George I say no, wait GS out.

Absolutely. But its also the asset with the most uncertainty. If LA is just a little better we wont get that pick till 19. Add three years for whatever player we draft to get good and that puts our big four past their primes. With Brown/Tatum/BRK18 we at least have the shot one of those guys pops and we have a big five. I'm not opposes to a longer rebuild, but if you have a shot to add 2 top 20 NBA players while only giving up one asset of real value you do it.

« Reply #17 on: June 27, 2017, 05:51:02 PM »

Offline BostonClamCrowdah

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 14
LOLLLLLL FOR DAYS at anything thinking we can get him without either the LA/SAC pick or Brooklyn pick

That is just ridiculously silly. The Memphis or LAC pick? **** learn the league

« Reply #18 on: June 27, 2017, 05:53:56 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2944
  • On To Banner 18!
LOLLLLLL FOR DAYS at anything thinking we can get him without either the LA/SAC pick or Brooklyn pick

That is just ridiculously silly. The Memphis or LAC pick? **** learn the league

Without an extension, I would be LOLLLLLL'ing at you for saying this.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #19 on: June 27, 2017, 05:55:49 PM »

Offline droopdog7

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 466

Absolutely. But its also the asset with the most uncertainty. If LA is just a little better we wont get that pick till 19. Add three years for whatever player we draft to get good and that puts our big four past their primes. With Brown/Tatum/BRK18 we at least have the shot one of those guys pops and we have a big five. I'm not opposes to a longer rebuild, but if you have a shot to add 2 top 20 NBA players while only giving up one asset of real value you do it.
Not just that.  Do people expect us to get George without giving up any premium asset?  Come on.

« Reply #20 on: June 27, 2017, 05:58:17 PM »

Offline keevsnick

• Rajon Rondo

Not just that.  Do people expect us to get George without giving up any premium asset?  Come on.

Exactly. You have to give us something to get something. If Ainge gets Paul George without giving up Tatum, Brown, Brk18 OR LA18 then just give him exec of the year now.

« Reply #21 on: June 27, 2017, 06:01:14 PM »

Offline mctyson

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 372

Do you have to sign Hayward before the George trade though?  What if you pick up Zeller's $8M and use Crowder to match? 

« Reply #22 on: June 27, 2017, 06:10:56 PM »

Offline Jvalin

• Ray Allen

Of course not. It's just that I don't want us to trade the Nets-Lakers/Kings picks. The way I see it, the Warriors are the best team in NBA history. No matter what we do we cannot beat them. Best thing we can do is be patient and build through the draft.

Call me crazy, but I don't want us to trade for PG.

« Reply #23 on: June 27, 2017, 06:11:34 PM »

Offline keevsnick

• Rajon Rondo

Do you have to sign Hayward before the George trade though?  What if you pick up Zeller's $8M and use Crowder to match?

Zeller has to be released to make room for Hayward. If you do the George trade first and include zeller then you would have enough cap space after the George trade to get Hayward.

« Reply #24 on: June 27, 2017, 06:14:00 PM »

Offline mctyson

• Rajon Rondo

Of course not. It's just that I don't want us to trade the Nets-Lakers/Kings picks. The way I see it, the Warriors are the best team in NBA history. No matter what we do we cannot beat them. Best thing we can do is be patient and build through the draft.

Call me crazy, but I don't want us to trade for PG.

If we need to send out Avery Bradley and Crowder and the LA 2018 pick, I am not so sure I want to do it either.

« Reply #25 on: June 27, 2017, 06:17:37 PM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 413
If George will sign an extension. then I would trade who ever they want
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #26 on: June 27, 2017, 06:18:55 PM »

Offline Granath

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 567
If we need to send out Avery Bradley and Crowder and the LA 2018 pick, I am not so sure I want to do it either.

Frankly, long term both Bradley and Crowder are going to be moved. We have Brown and Tatum and those guys will take those minutes. If it happens this year (and evaluating that change in talent without any consideration of adding Hayward or PG13) then it's taking one step back to take two expected steps forward. So the only long term cost is the LA 2018 pick. Adding in either PG13 or Hayward and it's already a better team. Adding them both means an incredibly powerful squad far better than this years' team.
Jaylen Brown will be an All Star in the next 5 years.

« Reply #27 on: June 27, 2017, 06:47:09 PM »

Offline chiken Green

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 75
We should not have to give up anything of Real Value to get PG -  They are on the verge of losing him for absolutely Nothing..  He has made it very Clear to the Pacers that he is leaving..  And ontop of that he told the world He wants to go to the LAKERS next yea making sure that noone will offer anything of any real substance for a rental.

The pacers are going to accept trash for PG and Our non premium Trash is better than anything anyone else can/will offer..

« Reply #28 on: June 27, 2017, 06:53:38 PM »

Offline mctyson

• Rajon Rondo

Frankly, long term both Bradley and Crowder are going to be moved. We have Brown and Tatum and those guys will take those minutes. If it happens this year (and evaluating that change in talent without any consideration of adding Hayward or PG13) then it's taking one step back to take two expected steps forward. So the only long term cost is the LA 2018 pick. Adding in either PG13 or Hayward and it's already a better team. Adding them both means an incredibly powerful squad far better than this years' team.

This is less about Brown and Tatum and more about Hayward, though.  I am not a big believer that replacing Bradley with Hayward is some major upgrade. 

Why would signing Hayward to a 4-year $30M deal not complicate the Brown/Tatum minutes, but keeping Bradley would?  I don't understand that logic.

« Reply #29 on: June 27, 2017, 06:57:53 PM »

Offline Jvalin

• Ray Allen

The LA pick is a premium asset. You can't just say ''only long term cost is the LA 2018 pick'' as if we are talking about a random pick. We are possibly sacrificing a big part of our future by trading that pick.

We should not have to give up anything of Real Value to get PG -  They are on the verge of losing him for absolutely Nothing..  He has made it very Clear to the Pacers that he is leaving..  And ontop of that he told the world He wants to go to the LAKERS next yea making sure that noone will offer anything of any real substance for a rental.

The pacers are going to accept trash for PG and Our non premium Trash is better than anything anyone else can/will offer..
Problem is, if the Pacers feel like they are getting fleeced they can always wait till the deadline.

If they do trade him now, I believe it's gonna be for at least one premium asset (either pick or young prospect).
« Last Edit: June 27, 2017, 07:15:29 PM by Jvalin »