Author Topic: What will it take to get George?  (Read 9633 times)

What will it take to get George?
« on: June 27, 2017, 04:01:31 PM »

Offline droopdog7

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 466
I know many of us think some combination of veterans (which are needed for cap reasons) and clipper, grizzly, and celtic picks (basically throwaways) will get this trade done.  I don't agree.  There is definitely a market for George and Ind isn't trading an multiple time all star in his prime for pennies on the dollar.  And we are not trading for him unless we're confident he will be here long-term.  So believe me, we're going to feel it our end.

That said, what is the package that gets George?  I'm no capologist but vets will likely inlcude AB and Crowder.  On top of that, my guess is we'd need to part with at least one, but maybe two of the following (Brown, Nets Pick, Lakers/Kings pick, Tatum).  I might do two of those four things if we can somehow keep Avery, otherwise I'm just giving one of the four.

Re: What will it take to get George?
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2017, 04:14:59 PM »

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2922
Crowder and Bradley will almost necessarily have to be involved due to matching salary; however, I expect one or both of them would be shipped off to another team for picks or younger prospects, either individually or as a third team in the trade. Both of them should have a pretty good market, so that shouldn't be hard at all.

So I'd say from our end it's essentially Bradley, Crowder, and the LA pick, though the Memphis or LAC picks could also be offered to sweeten the pot if need be. Seems like Brown, Tatum, and the Brooklyn pick are all untouchable.

« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2017, 04:26:10 PM »

Offline Jvalin

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 737
AB + Crowder + LA 2018/Sacramento 2019 for Paul George

I guess that's fair value for PG but I wouldn't do it. Really want us to keep the Brooklyn-LA/Sac picks and build through the draft.

« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2017, 04:41:39 PM »

Online celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 653
  • MASTER OF PANIC
AB
Crowder
Lakers/Kings pick
Clippers protected 2019 pick

I would also include Rozier to clear salary space. Think Zizic has to be on the roster this year

« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2017, 04:43:26 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
 per Kaufman on Celtics @ 7 this AM on 98.5.

Deal he was hearing was the pick acquired from Philly (LAL 18 or Sac 19), a non Brooklyn pick, Jae Crowder, and salary filler for PG13

If the Celtics pull off the 3 year extension, its highway robbery from the pacers

« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2017, 04:53:11 PM »

Online celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • MASTER OF PANIC

Deal he was hearing was the pick acquired from Philly (LAL 18 or Sac 19), a non Brooklyn pick, Jae Crowder, and salary filler for PG13

If the Celtics pull off the 3 year extension, its highway robbery from the pacers

Would take that deal in a heartbeat...although Bradley has to be moved also somewhere

« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2017, 04:55:04 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619

Would take that deal in a heartbeat...although Bradley has to be moved also somewhere

Yeah, Bradley is valuable salary filler.

« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2017, 04:56:41 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.

You think a team of IT, Smart, Hayward, Horford, George, and Tatum/Brown is strong enough to compete against GSW? We're losing two great defenders, so...
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2017, 04:59:10 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619

You think a team of IT, Smart, Hayward, Horford, George, and Tatum/Brown is strong enough to compete against GSW? We're losing two great defenders, so...

I don't know how else you propose to send out the requisite $~14.5 million in salary needed to bring back George, since all the other salary filler like Zeller and Olynyk will have to be cleared to fit Hayward.

« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2017, 04:59:52 PM »

Offline keevsnick

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 549

We are one Curry/KD foot injury away from a championship. In today's NBA that's about all you can hope for. Its worth noting that we would also retain some pretty good assets like Brown, Tatum, BRK18. One of those guys could rapidly improve providing another star for cheap to supplement the core. Or we could include those assets in a trade along with say Horford salary for a superstar who become available cough*Davis*cough

« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2017, 05:00:35 PM »

Online celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • MASTER OF PANIC
I feel like Boston has two chances to get this to work. Blake Griffin...if healthy might fit the roster even better with Paul George.

I think The C's get either Griffin or Hayward

« Reply #11 on: June 27, 2017, 05:01:30 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas

I don't know how else you propose to send out the requisite $~14.5 million in salary needed to bring back George, since all the other salary filler like Zeller and Olynyk will have to be cleared to fit Hayward.

Lets say everything clears out, and we re-sign George at the end of next year using his bird rights....

Does it compete with GSW?

« Reply #12 on: June 27, 2017, 05:08:51 PM »

Offline keevsnick

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 549

Lets say everything clears out, and we re-sign George at the end of next year using his bird rights....

Does it compete with GSW?

I think GS is still the favorite, and if healthy and clicking they win in Five, Six at most. But its probably closer than just about any team its actually possible to assemble. And if we are keeping our premium assets like Brown, Tatum and Brk18 I say go for it. If we have to include any one of those to get George I say no, wait GS out.

« Reply #13 on: June 27, 2017, 05:10:49 PM »

Online celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • MASTER OF PANIC
There is no guarantee that GS can keep everything together either...I do think that Klay will be the one that leaves for a bigger role. KD sooner or later is going to want to get paid. Plus they have some very key guys on the bench that have to be resigned

« Reply #14 on: June 27, 2017, 05:12:45 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
There is no guarantee that GS can keep everything together either...I do think that Klay will be the one that leaves for a bigger role. KD sooner or later is going to want to get paid. Plus they have some very key guys on the bench that have to be resigned

Klay is the odd man out. I don't see him staying.

Also, KD is not going to leave GSW, and he's been paid handsomely for the past 5 years now.