Author Topic: WOJ BOMB, paul george and hayward!!!?  (Read 41160 times)

Re: WOJ BOMB, paul george and hayward!!!?
« Reply #240 on: June 28, 2017, 07:28:06 AM »

Offline Smokeeye123

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 156
I can't fathom how adding George (who doesn't want to play PF) and Hayward (who can't play SG) can be good. But I guess Ainge begs to differ..

I agree. Adding two all-stars is never a good idea if you are trying to build a championship team.

« Reply #241 on: June 28, 2017, 07:31:59 AM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
Doublepost
« Last Edit: June 28, 2017, 07:40:13 AM by kozlodoev »
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #242 on: June 28, 2017, 07:32:41 AM »

Offline mrceltics2013

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 15
I can't fathom how adding George (who doesn't want to play PF) and Hayward (who can't play SG) can be good. But I guess Ainge begs to differ..

Umm simple, PG13 At SG, Hayward at SF 🤔

« Reply #243 on: June 28, 2017, 07:36:05 AM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett

Lol. George's best position last season was PF. The idea that he can play SG is hilarious... but it explains why people are inexplicably giddy about adding two injury prone pieces on large contracts that also don't mesh well together.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #244 on: June 28, 2017, 07:45:25 AM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1762
  • Everybody knows what's best for you

Lol. George's best position last season was PF. The idea that he can play SG is hilarious... but it explains why people are inexplicably giddy about adding two injury prone pieces on large contracts that also don't mesh well together.

LOL at injury prone. I know that George snapped his leg in half and was mostly unavailable for the 2014-15 season, but there is hardly a history there.

And I have no idea what you are talking about with Hayward - the dude has been mostly rock solid throughout his career (66 games in 2011-12)...unless you are talking about Griffin, which, yeah, I agree.

« Reply #245 on: June 28, 2017, 07:58:45 AM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett

LOL at injury prone. I know that George snapped his leg in half and was mostly unavailable for the 2014-15 season, but there is hardly a history there.

And I have no idea what you are talking about with Hayward - the dude has been mostly rock solid throughout his career (66 games in 2011-12)...unless you are talking about Griffin, which, yeah, I agree.
I guess we have different definitions of rock-solid. Hayward has never played 82 games in a season, and after the full (66-game) season, he's averaged a little over 75 games a year. Sorry, but that's not rock solid.

And forgive me if I'm less than confident in a 6'9 guy who had a major lower leg injury limiting his ability to defend his natural position.

« Reply #246 on: June 28, 2017, 08:20:40 AM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
This is the biggest news for the Celtics franchise since the KG and ray Allen trade in 2007. Its been a decade people.
Only if they get them.

We prepared to get KD last year too. Didn't happen.

At least we got Al Horford...and a 5-game series to the Eastern Conference Finals  ;D

Which four years ago this week everyone would have been agog over.

« Reply #247 on: June 28, 2017, 08:21:41 AM »

Offline JBcat

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 512

I'm not the most savvy when it comes to advanced stats, but looking at 82games.com it looks like George only played 15% of his minutes at PF with the rest at SF.  The top 5 man units played didn't have George at PF(mostly Young and Turner at PF and C) The production seemed roughly the same at either position.

Hayward on the other hand seemed to have equal playing time at SG and SF.  2 out of the top 3 man units played had Hayward at SG.  The production seemed about the same.

George can play PF a little bit, but I think we'll need to sign at least 1 more big.  Hoping for someone like Randolph.

« Reply #248 on: June 28, 2017, 08:28:42 AM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619

I guess we have different definitions of rock-solid. Hayward has never played 82 games in a season, and after the full (66-game) season, he's averaged a little over 75 games a year. Sorry, but that's not rock solid.

And forgive me if I'm less than confident in a 6'9 guy who had a major lower leg injury limiting his ability to defend his natural position.

Hayward is 7th in total minutes played over the last four seasons.  I'm not quite sure what you're driving at.  He's pretty reliable.

« Reply #249 on: June 28, 2017, 08:33:05 AM »

Offline ETNCeltics

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 307
Avg. Games Played per Year:

Lebron James 76
Kawhi Leonard  66
Kevin Durant 70
Steph Curry 72

Gordon Hayward 74

« Reply #250 on: June 28, 2017, 08:41:33 AM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833
Too much focus on positions. This is not 2007. 6'8" all stars who can score in multiple ways with 3 point range don't grow on trees.

« Reply #251 on: June 28, 2017, 09:16:56 AM »

Offline MBunge

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 471

Lol. George's best position last season was PF.

Have you ever seen Paul George?  Or the Pacers last season?  They had Myles Turner and Thaddeus Young starting, with Al Jefferson, Lavoy Allen and Kevin Seraphin all averaging over 10 minutes a game.  George has spent about as much time playing power forward as IT has playing center.

Mike

« Reply #252 on: June 28, 2017, 09:20:40 AM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett

Lol. George's best position last season was PF.

Have you ever seen Paul George?  Or the Pacers last season?  They had Myles Turner and Thaddeus Young starting, with Al Jefferson, Lavoy Allen and Kevin Seraphin all averaging over 10 minutes a game.  George has spent about as much time playing power forward as IT has playing center.
This is correct. You want to know why? Let me help.

http://www.indystar.com/story/sports/columnists/gregg-doyel/2017/02/16/doyel-lets-talk-pacers-paul-george-problem/98018218/

« Reply #253 on: June 28, 2017, 09:24:01 AM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett

I'm not the most savvy when it comes to advanced stats, but looking at 82games.com it looks like George only played 15% of his minutes at PF with the rest at SF.  The top 5 man units played didn't have George at PF(mostly Young and Turner at PF and C) The production seemed roughly the same at either position.

Hayward on the other hand seemed to have equal playing time at SG and SF.  2 out of the top 3 man units played had Hayward at SG.  The production seemed about the same.

George can play PF a little bit, but I think we'll need to sign at least 1 more big.  Hoping for someone like Randolph.
Which part of "Paul George refused to play PF" wasn't clear? George can play PF just fine. The team wanted Paul George to play PF. Paul George pretty much told all of them to get lost. But I guess he doesn't grow on trees and Brad Stevens wields the Force so it will be ah-ok...

... until it isn't.

« Reply #254 on: June 28, 2017, 09:35:48 AM »

Offline gift

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 291

I haven't looked up the numbers to see if you're joking, but I'm surprised he's played that many games per season. I don't want players playing all 82 games. It's not worth it long term. Mid-seventies is perfect.