Author Topic: WOJ BOMB, paul george and hayward!!!?  (Read 41049 times)

Re: WOJ BOMB, paul george and hayward!!!?
« Reply #120 on: June 27, 2017, 04:55:41 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 637
  • MASTER OF PANIC
My guess is Danny has had this sequence worked out for a bit...he moved down from 3 to save money...got another high pick to trade and refuted the Bulls on Butler.

I hope it comes to fruition.

« Reply #121 on: June 27, 2017, 04:59:10 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• Paul Pierce
  • MASTER OF PANIC
If Boston can come out of this with Hayward AND PG (signed to an extension); keeping the 2018 Brooklyn pick and not giving up Brown or Tatum...then that would be an epic job by Danny Ainge.

« Reply #122 on: June 27, 2017, 04:59:22 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833
EDIT, Marks qualifies as a cap expert.

Bobby Marks‏Verified account @BobbyMarks42 2h2 hours ago

Math in Boston would be complicated but can be done to fit PG and Hayward in.

Celtics bench would certainly be thin.

Bobby Marks‏Verified account @BobbyMarks42 1h1 hour ago

Roster in Boston would be: Horford, IT, Tatum, Brown, PG, Hayward, Smart, Room ML and 6 minimum/2nd rd. picks.

The most PG could extend for is 120% above his $19.5m salary= $23.4m ($7m below his max in 18-19). Could renegotiate but need cap space.

Wonder if Zizic could be squeezed in. Kaufman seems to think so.

So basically, to summarize, we would generate max cap space (or within like 500K of it) by getting rid of everyone not tied down (except Zizic who we bring over) and trading rozier. We then sign Hayward into that cap space. Next we trade Bradley, Crowder, and picks for George which would at that point put us over the cap. We cant renegotiate and extend because we don't have cap space to do so. We could do a simple extension adding onto his 19.5 deal but he has no financial reason to do that as he would be taking a pay cut. We would basically be relying on a strong playoff push, Brad Stevens, the TD garden atmosphere and the ability to offer more more to convince him to stay AFTER the season. We would lose a lot of depth, but we would still have our best assets (Tatum, Brown, BRK18) and on the bright side this would actually help open up some solid rotation minutes for Brown and Tatum who would be relied upon to be solid bench contributors next year. Brown may even start at SG if we want to go small. We would also become a prime destination for veteran ring chasers.

I DO THIS 100 TIMES OUR OF A 100.

6'7" Brown as our shooting guard if "we want to go small"---LOL

« Reply #123 on: June 27, 2017, 04:59:27 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1386
I think the real question here is who is leaking this information?  Highly doubtful that it's Boston.

Would think the likely sources are either the Pacers or George's camp, with the purpose of putting pressure on LA or Cleveland to get them to step up, assuming George truly prefers those locations.  And if not, maybe he is ready to sign long term in Boston.

So two things... the report that George prefers Cleveland or LA came from Steven A. Smith while this report came from WOJ. So work that into what you believe. Secondly, assuming the premise is correct, wouldn't it be a lot better move for George's career to be the star of the team in Boston than be second or 3rd banana in Cleveland for a team that is already making the finals every year? Perhaps competitiveness is truly dead, but that seems hard to imagine especially considering he was upset about not getting the final shot in a playoff two months ago..

« Reply #124 on: June 27, 2017, 05:00:04 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.
Paul George is still a member of the Indiana Pacers, but the four-time All-Star is reportedly already working behind the scenes to potentially team up with Golden State Warriors guard Klay Thompson.             

According to NBC Sports Bay Area analyst Kelenna Azubuike (via 95.7 The Game), George discussed with Thompson the possibility of playing together in Los Angeles when the two-time NBA champion becomes a free agent after the 2018-19 season.

George has one more guaranteed year remaining on his contract with the Pacers. The Vertical's Adrian Wojnarowski reported June 18 that the forward informed Indiana he'll opt out of his deal next summer. Wojnarowski also reported the Los Angeles Lakers were George's preferred destination for the next stop in his NBA career.

While it seems unlikely Thompson would ever leave Golden State, re-signing him may not be straightforward for Warriors general manager Bob Myers. The team has benefited from having its best young players on team-friendly deals, but that's no longer the case after Thompson and Green recently signed extensions. Stephen Curry is in line for a max deal as well this summer.

Interesting.
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #125 on: June 27, 2017, 05:00:50 PM »

Offline mctyson

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 372
Just an FYI - I don't think Hayward and George would want to come here with both Bradley and Crowder leaving.  As you have just seen over the past 24 hours, AB has a ton of respect around the league.

It is possible that both players take a slight haircut to ensure Boston has maximum flexibility under the cap to retain top-7 rotation players. 

It is also possible that Boston trades for George for just one year, tries to make a run, and convince him to re-up or let him walk.  Very little goes back to Indy in that scenario of course.

I am going to throw a big shower of cold water on everyone here - I am very skeptical of this as Ainge has prioritized cap flexibility above almost everything else in this rebuild.  I know he signed Horford to a max but that was with a ton of space and was also a swing at Durant.  George and Hayward are good players but they are not Durant.

We will see I guess...

« Reply #126 on: June 27, 2017, 05:01:08 PM »

Offline keevsnick

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 549
EDIT, Marks qualifies as a cap expert.

Bobby Marks‏Verified account @BobbyMarks42 2h2 hours ago

Math in Boston would be complicated but can be done to fit PG and Hayward in.

Celtics bench would certainly be thin.

Roster in Boston would be: Horford, IT, Tatum, Brown, PG, Hayward, Smart, Room ML and 6 minimum/2nd rd. picks.

The most PG could extend for is 120% above his $19.5m salary= $23.4m ($7m below his max in 18-19). Could renegotiate but need cap space.

Wonder if Zizic could be squeezed in. Kaufman seems to think so.

So basically, to summarize, we would generate max cap space (or within like 500K of it) by getting rid of everyone not tied down (except Zizic who we bring over) and trading rozier. We then sign Hayward into that cap space. Next we trade Bradley, Crowder, and picks for George which would at that point put us over the cap. We cant renegotiate and extend because we don't have cap space to do so. We could do a simple extension adding onto his 19.5 deal but he has no financial reason to do that as he would be taking a pay cut. We would basically be relying on a strong playoff push, Brad Stevens, the TD garden atmosphere and the ability to offer more more to convince him to stay AFTER the season. We would lose a lot of depth, but we would still have our best assets (Tatum, Brown, BRK18) and on the bright side this would actually help open up some solid rotation minutes for Brown and Tatum who would be relied upon to be solid bench contributors next year. Brown may even start at SG if we want to go small. We would also become a prime destination for veteran ring chasers.

I DO THIS 100 TIMES OUR OF A 100.

6'7" Brown as our shooting guard if "we want to go small"---LOL

I know! Man it would be so nice to have a team with size.

« Reply #127 on: June 27, 2017, 05:01:12 PM »

Offline Dino Pitino

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 219
So there's no scenario where we renegotiate a George extension and get to keep Smart, right? :(

Wait, how does he have us still with Smart?
"Young man, you have the question backwards." - Bill Russell

"My guess is that an aggregator of expert opinions would be close in terms of results to that of Danny." - Roy H.

« Reply #128 on: June 27, 2017, 05:03:21 PM »

Offline GreenShooter

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 87
After seeing whom DA drafted after Tatum, it did not make ANY sense to me (except Semi). After seeing who we'll have to trade or renounce then it kind of makes more sense, especially the experience the 2nd rounders bring from college. It was all part of a master plan. Let's see what else Danny has up his sleeve. It's going to be growing pains for the bench. I hope Brad, if this FA signing AND trade for PG13 happen, doesn't wear out the first unit. Though, there should be plenty of blowouts so as long as the bench doesn't get blanked then starter minutes shouldn't become an issue.

« Reply #129 on: June 27, 2017, 05:04:12 PM »

Offline keevsnick

• Rajon Rondo
So there's no scenario where we renegotiate a George extension and get to keep Smart, right? :(

There's pretty much no scenario where we sign Hayward, extend George and don't give away pretty much the entire rest of the team including Smart, Isaiah, one of Tatum and Brown.

« Reply #130 on: June 27, 2017, 05:05:19 PM »

Offline keevsnick

• Rajon Rondo

This scenario would no have an extension for George. IF we wait till after the season and sign him to a new contract the only salaries we need to give up for him are Bradley and Crowder.

« Reply #131 on: June 27, 2017, 05:05:57 PM »

Offline Boris Badenov

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 1065
I think the real question here is who is leaking this information?  Highly doubtful that it's Boston.

Would think the likely sources are either the Pacers or George's camp, with the purpose of putting pressure on LA or Cleveland to get them to step up, assuming George truly prefers those locations.  And if not, maybe he is ready to sign long term in Boston.

Danny could have leaked it, in order to up our chances of signing Hayward.

« Reply #132 on: June 27, 2017, 05:06:08 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619

Because he got rid of Zizic.

« Reply #133 on: June 27, 2017, 05:06:41 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• Paul Pierce
  • MASTER OF PANIC
I havre faith that Danny and Brad, as well as any other players they take them Saturday to visit Hayward and Griffin...will sell them on the vision and what they want to do going forward. I think a team of IT, Smart, PG, Hayward/Griffin, Horford, Brown, Tatum, Zizic become the Eastern conf. favorites.

You would have to round out the bench with vet min. guys..but Danny did this in the past with the big three

« Reply #134 on: June 27, 2017, 05:10:48 PM »

Offline manl_lui

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 427
this was what Kaufman said was the rumored trade package for George

https://twitter.com/AdamMKaufman/status/879778246853873665

I'm told #Celtics offer to IND for George is LAL/SAC pick from PHI, '19 MEM OR LAC pick, Crowder, $$ filler (Zeller pop name, Bradley poss).

I am unsure if this is reliable but imagine if that was the package without Bradley/Smart/Tatum/Brown

I don't see it happen, I am sure Bradley is included in this trade to make money work, but if we do retain him, man o man 4 stars, and 2 defensive minded guards that will give Cleveland a hell of a matchup. Irving will be crying in that series