Author Topic: Fansided - One trade every team should make (C's trade is hilarious)  (Read 1688 times)

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533
http://fansided.com/2017/06/27/nba-free-agency-2017-one-trade-every-team/2/

The Celtics trade is funny.

Rozier and Mickey for Cauley-Stein

I mean of all the possible trades the Celtics could make, that is what they came up with.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

Re: Fansided - One trade every team should make (C's trade is hilarious)
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2017, 12:53:30 PM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 972
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
I doubt Ainge would do that trade, and I tend to agree.  Rozier is the best player of the 3 and WCS doesn't move the needle enough.

« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2017, 12:58:56 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
I doubt Ainge would do that trade, and I tend to agree.  Rozier is the best player of the 3 and WCS doesn't move the needle enough.
I think best player could be debated but I can see where Rozier is seen as an extra on this team and WCS would certainly be in our big man rotation from day one.  I could get behind that deal from that perspective but doubt Sac would consider it.

« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2017, 12:59:14 PM »

Offline kmart12

• Kristaps Porzingis
  • Tommy Points: 20
I'd make this trade without thinking twice about it. I'm not quite sold on the idea of Rozier flashing "starting" potential. I'd take WCS for his potential to fit our team needs and his relatively decent upside as a defender and rim runner.

« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2017, 01:01:21 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
I gotta say I kind of appreciate that they're not doing clickbaity never-gonna-happen blockbuster type deals.

That said I don't think Danny does it, or arguably Sacramento (WCS played much better after Cousins left I believe) but at least it's a realistic idea.

« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2017, 01:02:34 PM »

Offline Nef-Oracle

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 5
I'd make this trade without thinking twice about it. I'm not quite sold on the idea of Rozier flashing "starting" potential. I'd take WCS for his potential to fit our team needs and his relatively decent upside as a defender and rim runner.

WCS can't shoot, all he does is catch lob. No a great fit beside on D.

« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2017, 01:28:49 PM »

Offline GreenCoffeeBean

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 91
This marks the first time in 27 years a trade hits this forum that doesn't involve Jae Crowder and Avery Bradley.

« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2017, 01:40:11 PM »

Offline Androslav

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 528
Too rich for us ATM, but possible later in the summer if WCS is still on the market, say september. Why shouldn't we take a flyer on him as our 4th/5th big? He has some defensive upside and is a lob threat. We would have his rookie deal rights too. But, he doesn't strike me as a he really wants to be the basketball player he could be. Like I said, I would take a flyer later in the offseason.
"The joy of the balling under the rims."

« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2017, 01:44:42 PM »

Offline tonydelk

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 467

I would to but I think Sacramento would hang up on that offer.  WCS is slowly progressing but I think he will be a very good player in 2 years.  I like Rozier but we have no clue what he could be because of his lack of PT.  He has some great skills but I do not see an elite PG.  I see someone who can play SG with some play making ability but would be undersized at that position.  I haven't seen enough of his play making ability.  He looks like Reggie Jackson from detroit.  He can score, dribble shot a little but, is lightening quick but isn't a great play maker or leader on the floor