Author Topic: How soon will stuff happen on Saturday  (Read 3970 times)

Re: How soon will stuff happen on Saturday
« Reply #15 on: June 27, 2017, 01:50:15 PM »

Offline BitterJim

• NGT
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1212
Pretty much has to be done within 48 hrs.  Not remembering exactly but I believe there is a decision to be made related to Zeller that needs to done by July 2.

Danny will either get Zeller to agree to an extension to that, or just decline it outright. I expect the latter.
I'm bitter.

« Reply #16 on: June 27, 2017, 01:51:43 PM »

Offline Vino

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 5
Going on a cruise on Saturday afternoon. Sure hope the ship has wifi!

« Reply #17 on: June 27, 2017, 01:53:54 PM »

Offline aefgogreen

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 55

Not sure how much cruising experience you have, but wifi is generally weak and expensive. Use wisely, my friend.

« Reply #18 on: June 27, 2017, 01:53:54 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
Danny has the plane in Utah Friday night for a meeting at 12:00 AM.  He leaves with a signed contract in hand and a little while later, announces a PG13 deal with an extension.  Watch out Cavs!

It's convenient that Utah Summer League starts July 3rd.  I'm ready for the "Ainge and Stevens are in Utah" rumors to reach a crescendo, since they'll be true.  But of course, they were going to be there anyway.

« Reply #19 on: June 27, 2017, 01:55:10 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619

I found out about the KG trade 10 days late because of a cruise.  (It was still an enjoyable trip tho.  Have fun!)

« Reply #20 on: June 27, 2017, 01:57:25 PM »

Offline RMO

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 104
Get the espn app on your phone and set it to notify you of any nba news and set your phone to buzz when this occurs. 

During the wedding, if your phone buzzes, pretend that you're getting choked up.  Tell your wife you need to collect yourself and step outside.  Check phone.

The reception should be easier.  Just check the phone when you're at the bar getting your wife a drink or when you use the bathroom.

« Reply #21 on: June 27, 2017, 02:02:01 PM »

Offline timpiker

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 112
Next time my wife complains that I care too much about sports I'm going to show her this post.

I've tried convincing my wife that her priorities aren't necessarily in order, and I have the scars to prove it.

Mike

More balls than me

« Reply #22 on: June 27, 2017, 02:04:06 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1762
  • Everybody knows what's best for you

I found out about the KG trade 10 days late because of a cruise.  (It was still an enjoyable trip tho.  Have fun!)

Wow - must have been quite the trip!

Vino - I am not sure where you are going, but the Bahamas finally have very affordable wifi, texts, and calls (they were previously close to cruise prices) and are now in line with Mexico and much of the Caribbean. As long as you have a couple of ports of call, you should be good to go.

I agree, though, do NOT use the Cruise wifi (or calls/texts) unless you absolutely need to!

« Reply #23 on: June 27, 2017, 02:10:12 PM »

Offline More Banners

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 257
Hard to predict, but certainly a day to look forward to. Just how important are these marriages?

Apparently important enough to my wife that I need to be there. Sigh...

I thought about asking the bride to change the date, but she's 7-8 months pregnant and wants to get it done.

Mike

That's not YOUR fault, right?

« Reply #24 on: June 27, 2017, 02:12:08 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
Is this not a good time to come down with a one day bug? Be honest you really want to be at the wedding.  LOL.

« Reply #25 on: June 27, 2017, 02:15:07 PM »

Offline mef730

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 911
Hard to predict, but certainly a day to look forward to. Just how important are these marriages?

Apparently important enough to my wife that I need to be there. Sigh...

I thought about asking the bride to change the date, but she's 7-8 months pregnant and wants to get it done.

Mike

That's not YOUR fault, right?

TP, funny guy. Fortunately, no.

Is this not a good time to come down with a one day bug? Be honest you really want to be at the wedding.  LOL.

Good suggestion, I thought about that. The problem is, we're staying with my in-laws, which means that if I play the sick card, I'm stuck with them all day. The possibility that something might happen with FA is simply not worth that. In fact, a trade of Tyler Zeller for Curry and Durant isn't worth it.

Mike

« Reply #26 on: June 27, 2017, 02:24:17 PM »

Offline Kuberski33

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 537
Danny has the plane in Utah Friday night for a meeting at 12:00 AM.  He leaves with a signed contract in hand and a little while later, announces a PG13 deal with an extension.  Watch out Cavs!
My hope would be that they've already negotiated and more or less agreed with Hayward through back channels - which might explain how they approached the draft - so a midnight trip to Utah may not necessarily be a good thing.

« Reply #27 on: June 27, 2017, 02:26:20 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834
I expect Celts to sign Hayward at 12:01 am and trade for George at 12:02.

Based on WOJ Bomb, this may be exactly what happens!! LOL

« Reply #28 on: June 27, 2017, 02:51:26 PM »

Offline bopna

• NGT
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 136
I have not been this excited for FA since basically last year during the Durant hunt...let the phone calls begin!

AAARRGGGHHH... and you had to remind us...dang him. I mean all the while he answered Draymond's text that yeah lets do this!!.. and yet had to have meetings with Clippers, Heat and \celtics. What a Baffoon