Author Topic: Stephe A Smith: Paul George wants either Lakers or Cleveland  (Read 5914 times)

Re: Stephe A Smith: Paul George wants either Lakers or Cleveland
« Reply #15 on: June 27, 2017, 09:31:51 AM »

Offline td450

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 254
The story is trash. Smith is saying George would stay if LeBron stays. The fact that Chauncey Billups hasn't committed to Cleveland yet tells you what you need to know.

I read somewhere that in 12 1/2 years, Dan Gilbert has yet to resign any of his GMs. I think that LeBron is the only one that could stabilize Cleveland so it can move forward by confirming his commitment to the franchise longer term, and I doubt he will do it.

Unless you see a Chauncey/LeBron hug fest soon, Cleveland isn't getting George.

« Last Edit: June 27, 2017, 09:38:20 AM by td450 »

« Reply #16 on: June 27, 2017, 10:24:58 AM »

Offline cltc5

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 445
I don't want Paul George.  This is nothing but drama

« Reply #17 on: June 27, 2017, 10:26:40 AM »

Online Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2944
  • On To Banner 18!
S.A.S also said Jimmy Butler was a vital target for BOS (and supposedly Ainge didn't actually want him), and he said Sixers were REAL high on Jackson, which it doesn't seem like they were (they wanted Fultz, Ball or TATUM before Jackson according to reports).

S.A.S can be on point at times with issues and I like that, BUT he's not exactly the most reliable predictor of things LOL.

Hence, last 6/7 years he's gotten the Finals Predictions wrong (although honestly, even a 2 month old could have guessed Golden State would win it all this year LOL).
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #18 on: June 27, 2017, 11:01:25 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1544
S.A.S also said Jimmy Butler was a vital target for BOS (and supposedly Ainge didn't actually want him), and he said Sixers were REAL high on Jackson, which it doesn't seem like they were (they wanted Fultz, Ball or TATUM before Jackson according to reports).

S.A.S can be on point at times with issues and I like that, BUT he's not exactly the most reliable predictor of things LOL.

Hence, last 6/7 years he's gotten the Finals Predictions wrong (although honestly, even a 2 month old could have guessed Golden State would win it all this year LOL).
Those seem like talk show host opinion things and not actual reporting, which is what this story is.  That is the problem with the media today in general most of them aren't reporters in the classic sense of the word and it is very hard for many people to actually differentiate the two roles they fill i.e. talk show host/opinions vs. actual reporting of facts. 
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #19 on: June 27, 2017, 11:11:33 AM »

Offline Chief

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2450
Hasn't SAS been wrong on everything this off-season?

Tp
Once you are labeled 'the best' you want to stay up there, and you can't do it by loafing around.

Larry Bird

« Reply #20 on: June 27, 2017, 11:17:49 AM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25629
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

Those seem like talk show host opinion things and not actual reporting, which is what this story is.  That is the problem with the media today in general most of them aren't reporters in the classic sense of the word and it is very hard for many people to actually differentiate the two roles they fill i.e. talk show host/opinions vs. actual reporting of facts.

He also reported that he was hearing that Josh Jackson was going #1 to Philly, after the trade.

SAS probably hears legit things from time to time, but he's got no filter for the nonsense.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #21 on: June 27, 2017, 11:17:51 AM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1393
Stephen A. Smith knows nothing. He had Butler going to either Cleveland or Boston now he's going to Minnesota.
I didn't see that, but was that in reporter mode or talk show mode?  It really does make a difference in these situations.

Lol. He was in the same mode for both

« Reply #22 on: June 27, 2017, 11:23:22 AM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis

He also reported that he was hearing that Josh Jackson was going #1 to Philly, after the trade.

SAS probably hears legit things from time to time, but he's got no filter for the nonsense.

Yeah he was in "reporter mode" for that

« Reply #23 on: June 27, 2017, 11:41:16 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1544

I've watched the video below where he said that, but in the same sentence he said he also was hearing Fultz.  So he basically said some people in Philly like Jackson, some people in Philly like Fultz.  He seemed to focus more heavily on Jackson, but that easily could have been solely to drive viewers.  It is also possible at another time he said something about Jackson without mention of Fultz, but the one below is pretty much nothing and a non-story.

http://www.espn.com/video/clip?id=19658224

In the headline society we live in, people don't often get the whole story.  Yet another problem with the way people get modern media (which doesn't help by taking the reporting out of journalism a lot of the time - even guys that do more reporting like Woj, Stein, etc. often go for sound bites and opinions).
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #24 on: June 27, 2017, 11:41:54 AM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 996
Stephen A Smith = gossip

And nothing more. The guy gets nothing right

Didnt he get the Paul Pierce and Kevin Garnett getting traded part right lol

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #25 on: June 27, 2017, 11:44:42 AM »

Offline biggs

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 71
Fake news  ;)
Truuuuuuuuuth!

« Reply #26 on: June 27, 2017, 11:57:43 AM »

Offline Bobshot

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 141
Smith is a big market blowhard working for big market blowhard ESPN.

« Reply #27 on: June 27, 2017, 12:22:34 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
Smith is a blowhard. He Makes stuff up for viewers and clicks. Don't take anything he says seriously. Wait he said a good player could go to Cleveland where I live? Well in that case, he is a reporter and sometimes he goes in reporter mode. This seems like it is a good report then.  ;D

« Reply #28 on: June 27, 2017, 12:47:42 PM »

Offline kraidstar

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 2478

TP, was just gonna say this.

He is the carnival barker at the ESPN clown show.

And his vocab is pretty limited as such.

"Los Angeles Lakers!"
"LeBroooon."
"New Yaaawk."
"Carmelo!"
"Cleeeeveland"

What a buffoon.

« Reply #29 on: June 27, 2017, 12:49:09 PM »

Offline GratefulCs

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 496
  • Salmon and Mashed Potatoes

TP, was just gonna say this.

He is the carnival barker at the ESPN clown show.

And his vocab is pretty limited as such.

"Los Angeles Lakers!"
"LeBroooon."
"New Yaaawk."
"Carmelo!"
"Cleeeeveland"

What a buffoon.
vocab add on:ingratiate

he Edited.  Profanity and masked profanity are against forum rules and may result in discipline.ing loves that one
I trust Danny Ainge