Author Topic: Wall trying to recruit Paul George to Wizards  (Read 2019 times)

Re: Wall trying to recruit Paul George to Wizards
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2017, 02:35:01 AM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
Right, John.  I'm sure the Pacers are dying to take back Ian Mahinmi's bloated contract and a couple of late 1st round picks.

Also, poor Otto Porter Jr.

« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2017, 03:03:04 AM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 990
He thinks the Wizards can win with PG13  ;D

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2017, 04:30:49 AM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441
Right, John.  I'm sure the Pacers are dying to take back Ian Mahinmi's bloated contract and a couple of late 1st round picks.

Also, poor Otto Porter Jr.
Your boy.  Hopefully George wouldn't get reduced to Porter level due to lack of shots.

« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2017, 11:09:27 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533
I actually think George in Washington, if they keep Porter (and they can play together) would make Washington a real threat to win the East.  Of course Washington doesn't have much to offer as I don't see how a combination of Oubre, McCullough, Satoransky, Frazier (Aug 21 he can included), and then Morris or Smith (for salary), and a future 1st is ever going to be enough for George as the Lakers offer of Randle alone probably tops what the Wizards can do.  Now if they could pick up another 1st or two along the way to send to Indiana maybe they could work something out, I'm just not sure where that 1st is coming from.   
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2017, 12:07:51 PM »

Offline Bobshot

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 141
I guess the league lets players talk to other players about joining their teams without considering it tampering. Goes on all the time.

What shocked me was Stern penalizing Celtics-Clippers for allegedly discussing Rivers-KG deal based on a media story, when everybody knew it was illegal for a coach and player to be traded!  How did Stern get away with using a media rumor to penalize teams for a deal the teams knew was illegal? 

If you want to know why Ainge keeps his trade talks quiet, this is why. The media can be part of the news. Unfortunately, agents are always doing stuff in the media to help their clients--and getting away with it. Jackson may have been steered to the Suns this way, though I don't think it mattered--he was not Ainge's choice.

« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2017, 12:09:42 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
I don't like the open recruiting of other players who are under contract to another team. It's bad enough this happens privately. Recruiting through the media is worse, and still against the rules even if the league turns a blind eye to it.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2017, 12:25:33 PM »

Offline max215

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 624
If only the Wizards hadn't exhibited embarrassingly poor asset management...
Isaiah, you were lightning in a bottle.

DKC Clippers

« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2017, 12:45:21 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
I don't like the open recruiting of other players who are under contract to another team. It's bad enough this happens privately. Recruiting through the media is worse, and still against the rules even if the league turns a blind eye to it.
Is there a known penalty for this that could be imposed on a player?  A franchise is a stable entity that punishment can be meted out upon but what kind of penalty could be applied to a player openly recruiting/tampering with another player?  Can't strip them of a draft pick and I don't think a financial penalty would ever be applied.  not sure what other steps can/could be taken.

« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2017, 05:35:48 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
What does this do to team chemistry of the wizards with wall putting Otto Porter under the bus? That locker room just got a little more awkward

« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2017, 06:16:16 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1386
What does this do to team chemistry of the wizards with wall putting Otto Porter under the bus? That locker room just got a little more awkward

i thought the same thing