Author Topic: How impactful can D'angelo Russell be for the Nets?  (Read 3055 times)

Re: How impactful can D'angelo Russell be for the Nets?
« Reply #15 on: June 27, 2017, 11:05:37 PM »

Online trickybilly

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 618
I don't think the Nets are better with Russell instead of Lopez. They had a couple of decent young guards last year.

I think the Lakers were desperate to unload Mozgov's contract, to clear cap space for the next few years. And Russell was expendable because they were getting Ball. He was probably the player the Nets wanted.

2019 first rounder and Mozgov for Demetrious Jackson
"Gimme the ball, gimme the ball". Freddy Quimby, 1994.

« Reply #16 on: June 27, 2017, 11:10:21 PM »

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1469
Lin's better.  They might be able to play a dynamic two point guard line up at times with Lin moving over to the two.

I think he'll help. If Lin's healthy all season, they may be able to get into the thirties.
No way in hell is a team whose best player is Jeremy Lin getting 30 wins.

In games where Jeremy Lin played last year, the Nets were 13-23, which comes out to a rate of 29.6 per 82.

In games where he didn't play, the Nets were 7-39 for a rate of 12.5 per 82.

That said, I agree thirty is a stretch.  I do predict they'll be improved , thougb.
DKC Seventy-Sixers:

PG: G. Hill/D. Schroder
SG: C. Lee/B. Hield/T. Luwawu
SF:  Giannis/J. Lamb/M. Kuzminskas
PF:  E. Ilyasova/J. Jerebko/R. Christmas
C:    N. Vucevic/K. Olynyk/E. Davis/C. Jefferson

« Reply #17 on: June 27, 2017, 11:36:00 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842
Lin's better.  They might be able to play a dynamic two point guard line up at times with Lin moving over to the two.

I think he'll help. If Lin's healthy all season, they may be able to get into the thirties.
No way in hell is a team whose best player is Jeremy Lin getting 30 wins.

In games where Jeremy Lin played last year, the Nets were 13-23, which comes out to a rate of 29.6 per 82.

In games where he didn't play, the Nets were 7-39 for a rate of 12.5 per 82.

That said, I agree thirty is a stretch.  I do predict they'll be improved , thougb.
Jeremy Lin wasn't the best player tho.

I'm less worried about the nets improving than I am about other teams sucking less
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.