Author Topic: Jaylen Brown 6'8" 237 !!!  (Read 11833 times)

Re: Jaylen Brown 6'8" 237 !!!
« Reply #30 on: June 27, 2017, 02:36:28 AM »

Offline Future Celtics Owner

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 191
  • Celtic's only raise championship Banners
I believe him.

And I bet Tatum will end up 6'9" plus.

Are they more 3 & 4 or more 2 & 3 ?

Well according to Stevens, it doesn't matter. He wants a lineup of position-less players, and we're getting close to having that.

Add Hayward, George, and Smart to those two, we have 5 core guys who can switch on everything on both ends of the floor.
IMO Jaylen is a SG that can play SF due to length, ability, and strength, and Tatum is a SF that can play PF due to length and ability.
Basically I hope Brown and Tatum are our future 2 and 3.

That is how I see them both as well.

JB was 19 when he was drafted and he is still only 20, so to grow an inch from 19 to 20 is not unreasonable.  Kevin Durant was 6'10 coming out of college but he is being called 7 by everyone now.  I saw reports from the 76ers that Ben Simmons has grown 2 inches this past year, making him 7' now.  Zizic was 6'11 last year but he's 7' now.  People grow.

I was actually curious about Tatum's size because while most sources have him at 6'8 with a 6'10 wing span I've seen one or two that have him at 6'9 with a 6'11 wing span.
TP
Ya Tatum was measured over a year ago during the Hoop Summit @ 6'11'' wingspan and 8'10.5'' standing reach and 6'8.25'' with shoes. I think he has possibly grown since then and some have speculated that he grew while adding 20 pounds and that was the reason he hurt his foot.

I'm really looking forward to seeing the results of inputting Tatum into our pro strength and conditioning program. He is around 205, maybe added some since off-season but there are conflicting reports, and even if he gets his playing weight to 220 while maintaining the same lean-athletic frame...he will play sooo much better being stronger in his lower body-core- and upper body.

« Reply #31 on: June 27, 2017, 04:28:38 AM »

Offline rondofan1255

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 527
I remember Paul George rumors (or was it confirmed?) saying he grew an inch or two during his rookie year or later.

http://www.sportingnews.com/nba/news/210814-pacers-paul-george-grows-two-inches-since-last-season

« Reply #32 on: June 27, 2017, 05:02:57 AM »

Offline obnoxiousmime

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 258
David Robinson was 6'6'' his senior year in high school. By his freshman year in the Naval Academy he was 6'9''. By the time he graduated he had grown another three inches to 7'. Some people just grow later, perhaps due to college providing a more regular training environment, better health services, and improved dietary options.

Didn't Ben Simmons say he grew a few inches in the past year? If it is true that he's now close to 7', that would be incredibly frightening for the rest of the league.

« Reply #33 on: June 27, 2017, 06:28:56 AM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294

I believe he's 237 pounds. No way he's 6'8" now.
 He was 6'5.25" at the combine shoes off. Anyone believe he grew Almost 3" in one year?

Jaylen Brown doesn't lie  ;D

But I don't believe the height thing he was barely 6'6" at the combine.
He was 6'6 3/4 at the combine.  Growing 3/4 to 1 inch in a year is absolutely reasonable.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #34 on: June 27, 2017, 08:20:30 AM »

Offline timpiker

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 112
I don't think Jaylen can play the 2 because his ball handling is not very good.

« Reply #35 on: June 27, 2017, 08:42:25 AM »

Offline Future Celtics Owner

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 191
  • Celtic's only raise championship Banners
Jaylen has a really nice handle. He was on a leash his rookie year but this summer league will show.

« Reply #36 on: June 27, 2017, 08:44:33 AM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842
Jaylen has a really nice handle. He was on a leash his rookie year but this summer league will show.
His handle is sloppy and he loses control easily. He does have a natural deceptiveness to him which would make him deadly if he tightened up the handle, but he IS sloppy with it right now.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #37 on: June 27, 2017, 09:00:51 AM »

Offline coffee425

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 122
Jaylen, I'd like to introduce you to small-ball 4.
Even at the end of the game, we lined up in different formation that he hadn't seen and he called out our play before I got the ball. I heard him calling it out. -John Wall on Brad Stevens

« Reply #38 on: June 27, 2017, 09:02:50 AM »

Offline coffee425

• Jayson Tatum
I believe him.

Well according to Stevens, it doesn't matter. He wants a lineup of position-less players, and we're getting close to having that.

Add Hayward, George, and Smart to those two, we have 5 core guys who can switch on everything on both ends of the floor.
IMO Jaylen is a SG that can play SF due to length, ability, and strength, and Tatum is a SF that can play PF due to length and ability.

JB was 19 when he was drafted and he is still only 20, so to grow an inch from 19 to 20 is not unreasonable.  Kevin Durant was 6'10 coming out of college but he is being called 7 by everyone now.  I saw reports from the 76ers that Ben Simmons has grown 2 inches this past year, making him 7' now.  Zizic was 6'11 last year but he's 7' now.  People grow.

I was actually curious about Tatum's size because while most sources have him at 6'8 with a 6'10 wing span I've seen one or two that have him at 6'9 with a 6'11 wing span.
TP
Ya Tatum was measured over a year ago during the Hoop Summit @ 6'11'' wingspan and 8'10.5'' standing reach and 6'8.25'' with shoes. I think he has possibly grown since then and some have speculated that he grew while adding 20 pounds and that was the reason he hurt his foot.

I'm really looking forward to seeing the results of inputting Tatum into our pro strength and conditioning program. He is around 205, maybe added some since off-season but there are conflicting reports, and even if he gets his playing weight to 220 while maintaining the same lean-athletic frame...he will play sooo much better being stronger in his lower body-core- and upper body.

If he and the Cs are smart, they'll spend the next 2 years getting him up to this weight. gaining 15 lbs of muscle in a 3 month period is a guaranteed injury.
Even at the end of the game, we lined up in different formation that he hadn't seen and he called out our play before I got the ball. I heard him calling it out. -John Wall on Brad Stevens

« Reply #39 on: June 27, 2017, 09:25:45 AM »

Offline ETNCeltics

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 307
His handle is sloppy and he loses control easily. He does have a natural deceptiveness to him which would make him deadly if he tightened up the handle, but he IS sloppy with it right now.
This is true. I believe if he can correct this one issue, he will eventually be an all star.

« Reply #40 on: June 27, 2017, 10:04:03 AM »

Offline coffee425

• Jayson Tatum
This is true. I believe if he can correct this one issue, he will eventually be an all star.

If he plays PF, he wont need much of a handle. Should also work on finishing

« Reply #41 on: June 27, 2017, 12:41:12 PM »

Offline CelticGuardian

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 43
  • Blood. Sweat. & Tears.

If he plays PF, he wont need much of a handle. Should also work on finishing

JB handles are quite good actually, has better moves on the ball than a majority of the roster (including Bradley) and aside from IT4 he is our best finisher. Quite frankly, he's our best offensive talent with no IT on the floor.

« Reply #42 on: June 27, 2017, 12:42:07 PM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 976
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
Future Celtics Owner:
some have speculated that he grew while adding 20 pounds and that was the reason he hurt his foot.

It's not speculation.  Tatum said it in an interview I saw on youtube.

Men continue to grow up to age 25, women not so much.  None of this is difficult to understand.  Did he stretch the truth by saying 6'8", perhaps, doesn't really matter, once the games start we will see how he looks compared to other players.

« Reply #43 on: June 27, 2017, 12:54:53 PM »

Offline kmart12

• Kristaps Porzingis
  • Tommy Points: 20
Future Celtics Owner:
some have speculated that he grew while adding 20 pounds and that was the reason he hurt his foot.
Men continue to grow up to age 25, women not so much.  None of this is difficult to understand.  Did he stretch the truth by saying 6'8", perhaps, doesn't really matter, once the games start we will see how he looks compared to other players.

Agreed. It's definitely feasible and I wouldn't bet against it.

Jaylen's physical attributes were already impressive as-is; does an inch and 15 pounds truly change the way that Jaylen is perceived as a player, though? Being 6'8" and 230+ pounds is fine in the modern NBA scheme for a PF, but Jaylen's rebounding was above-par for a wing player, not a big. I think his physical growth adds a bit to his preexisting strengths by giving him more tools to finish through contact and take a bump as he drives to the basket; it may give him more of an edge with his post-up game as well. I'm not sure it's a game-changer for his already outstanding trajectory as a prospect, however.

« Reply #44 on: June 27, 2017, 01:14:55 PM »

Offline Nef-Oracle

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 5
I believe him.

Saw Simmons next to Embiid and Fultz. Dude is only two inch taller than Fultz and is considerably shorter than Embiid