Author Topic: Malcom Brogdon wins NBA ROY  (Read 673 times)

Malcom Brogdon wins NBA ROY
« on: June 26, 2017, 09:44:59 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700
https://www.sbnation.com/2017/6/26/15874264/malcolm-brogdon-2017-nba-awards-rookie-of-the-year

The first non-lottery pick since Mark Jackson, the first senior since Tim Duncan, and the first non-1st round pick since 1966 to win it.

On a side note, it is interesting that Ainge didn't go 'draft and stash' with our second rounders this year like he did with our picks last year.

Re: Malcom Brogdon wins NBA ROY
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2017, 09:53:48 PM »

Online BitterJim

• NGT
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1212
Hood for him. I'm also glad to see that Embiid didn't win it, he was by far the best but 31 games just isn't enough

As for the second d rounders, they may very well be stashes. Just in the past few years, Nader (DLeague), Marcus Thornton (Australia), and Colton Iverson (Turkey?) have been second rounders that we stashed. With late 2nd rounders, it's often "agree to play overseas or risk going undrafted", and there is always someone to take the first option. Not that it really matters, though - I'd be very surprised if either of our late second rounders from this year play any minutes for us
I'm bitter.

« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2017, 09:57:40 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
Embiid played 30 games in 3 years. That's 10 per year. Was never in the conversation

« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2017, 10:09:16 PM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136
https://www.sbnation.com/2017/6/26/15874264/malcolm-brogdon-2017-nba-awards-rookie-of-the-year

The first non-lottery pick since Mark Jackson, the first senior since Tim Duncan, and the first non-1st round pick since 1966 to win it.

On a side note, it is interesting that Ainge didn't go 'draft and stash' with our second rounders this year like he did with our picks last year.

Ange just went BPA deep in the second round. Yabu went 16 and Zizic went 23 those are pretty valuable picks so he got good players that he could stash. There was probably just nothing available to stash this year.

« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2017, 10:14:20 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700
I wonder if Ainge's willingness to go for BPA instead of stashed this year is due to the new two-way contracts with the D-league that are possible now, opening up opportunities for roster spots here where players make decent money?

It increases his chances of getting a Malcom Brogdon in round 2.