Author Topic: Mike Giardi: George's Camp Thinks Celtics Are A GREAT Fit (Short & Long Term)  (Read 8826 times)

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2944
  • On To Banner 18!
http://www.csnne.com/boston-celtics/mike-giardi-people-paul-george-camp-think-boston-celtics-great-fit

Not the Celtics camp, but Paul George's camp is saying this. Of course, the domino would fall or be considered ONLY if they land Hayward/Griffin in FA first.

Also talked about what Steve Bulpett of the Herald said, and supposedly even he thinks the Celtics are in a great position to land George, and they are "better equipped to play a little poker." Apparently Steve is also real close friends with Danny and could have an idea on what his "best case scenario" moves might be in the next few weeks. 

Now Tanguay thinks this rumor is complete and utter BS, because Los Angeles > Boston (in terms of weather and fame, yes), and he thinks this C's team is very overrated while it's a foregone conclusion Lebron is "destined" to go to the Lakers after next season.  ::)

Now I know @saltlover has done a great job in the recent week(s) explaining how this is an impossible scenario, which it does look REAL complicated, but I mean, who knows anymore? I NEVER imagined we'd trade down from #1 and we did, so...

I DON'T think it happens either, but just thought I'd post this here.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

Offline IDreamCeltics

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 140
Is it impossible?  They'd have to trade 1 Al Horford contract.

Offline Future Celtics Owner

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 191
  • Celtic's only raise championship Banners
tp.

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • On To Banner 18!
Is it impossible?  They'd have to trade 1 Al Horford contract.

If you trade Horford, that's not really going to sit well with potential, future FA targets.

Same with Isaiah. PG13/Hayward/Griffin wouldn't even consider the C's if IT left or even Horford.

Offline Sketch5

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280
I'm getting tired of Saltlover's rational facts and it preventing us from having a kick butt team this year.

This is Trump's America, we only deal in "Alternative" facts. So we sign Hayward and get PG13 for a stick of butter, and 20lbs of Maine Lobster.

DONE!

But seriously, I'd roll the dice with PG13 with out the extension. Crowder/AB/Rozier/Memp Pick/Any Boston pick. Maybe even the Clippers pick, that could actually be a good one in two years.

Even if he Bolts, that kept him away from the Lakers for next years pick. LOL

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • On To Banner 18!
I'm getting tired of Saltlover's rational facts and it preventing us from having a kick butt team this year.

This is Trump's America, we only deal in "Alternative" facts. So we sign Hayward and get PG13 for a stick of butter, and 20lbs of Maine Lobster.

DONE!

But seriously, I'd roll the dice with PG13 with out the extension. Crowder/AB/Rozier/Memp Pick/Any Boston pick. Maybe even the Clippers pick, that could actually be a good one in two years.

That's an awful trade if George does leave for LA a year later, even if that LAL pick is 2-5.

Like do you really have to give up BOTH AB/Crowder for a rental??

Offline timpiker

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 112
Tanquay makes me sick

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1762
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
It's actually quite possible to deal for George since we would really only need to give up AB, Crowder, and pick(s).

Where it makes no sense, is trading for George and then extending him. In that scenario, we say good-bye to at least 2 of Smart/Brown/Tatum along with Crowder, AB, and picks.

If the Cs feel good about George re-signing after next year, they will deal for him; if not, I don't see it happening.

Offline Rakulp

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 78

DONE!

That's an awful trade if George does leave for LA a year later, even if that LAL pick is 2-5.

Written like that, the obvious answer would be "no"...I've been on record here for saying I wouldn't trade a bag of balls for George without some kind of idea on whether he would extend after the coming year...

...however, since it seems a foregone conclusion to most around here that Bradley will have to get his big pay day from another team, and if we sign Hayward also that we can afford to send out Crowder, in the end, do you really "lose" anybody that you probably won't lose any way?

Rak

Offline Sketch5

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280

DONE!

Have to match Salaries if we get over or close to the cap with Hayward. Any two of Zeller/Crowder/AB have to go. I don't think Sign and trade with KO will work. And you still have to add a combo of Mickey/Jackson/Rozier.

I left Smart out because his next contract will be cheaper than AB's. No way we are giving both AB and IT the Max, AB is out because we don't get or keep PG13 with out IT. Plus he's our best backup PG.

Crowder/Zeller/Rozier/Jackson/Mickey gets it done, but does INDY want all those players. I suppose they can cut Zeller.

So you can keep AB, but he's gone next year, he's also the best trade chip. LA pick trumps AB in the future. If lucky we could get a combo of Porter/Ayton/Bamba. THis is about building for the future, and competing now, and maybe sneaking in one. Next summer we could have...

IT/Rozier
Brown/Smart
Hayward/Tatum
PG13/Porter
Horford/Zizic/Ayton

I love AB, if he was more durable, I'd have a harder time with it, Crowder hasn't been good the last few months. Getting Hayward and PG13, even for a year trumps AB and Crowder. And having the possibility of PG13 helps with singing Hayward. The bench will be super young, but if they gave no fear, would be VERY talented.

Offline playdream

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 88
It isn't impossible,Nothing is impossible
You need to sign Haywood first and then you can trade AB+JC with picks for PG, and if we don't give up lottery picks i think we should do this

Offline ETNCeltics

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 307

DONE!

Written like that, the obvious answer would be "no"...I've been on record here for saying I wouldn't trade a bag of balls for George without some kind of idea on whether he would extend after the coming year...

...however, since it seems a foregone conclusion to most around here that Bradley will have to get his big pay day from another team, and if we sign Hayward also that we can afford to send out Crowder, in the end, do you really "lose" anybody that you probably won't lose any way?

Rak
No. I've resigned myself to losing AB. We can't afford what he can get on the open market.  It's the pick that's the issue. Since there's no way to guarantee PG resigns, we can't spend a high pick on him. The Clippers pick, a Celtic pick, fine.

In no way should BRK/LAL pick be on the table. That's what Indy will hold out for as long as they can. Too much of a gamble he doesn't resign, even if we're confident he will.

Online SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 996
Avery Bradley has been a great player for the Celtics throughout his tenure, but he will be expensive to keep. Plus, he's starting to look suspicious on his health towards the playoffs based on the past. Better to get rid of him now while his value is still good. Jae Crowder, get rid of him please LOL. So done with his behavior and his inconsistency in the postseason.

Don't touch IT4, Horford, Smart, Brown, Tatum, and BKN + LAL picks is all I'm asking for. Everyone else, have it at.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

Offline ETNCeltics

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 307
It's almost certainly an either/or on PG and Hayward. Acquiring both puts us in too much of a bind financially, and no matter what schemes people concoct, the Celts aren't an organization that's going to pay a fortune in luxury tax.

Offline PAOBoston

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 533
While unlikely, getting both is possible. Ownership would just have to pay a kabillion dollars in luxury tax after  next season. Not sure how willing they are to do that.