Author Topic: Steven Kyler: Pacers not eager to send George to LA  (Read 4158 times)

Steven Kyler: Pacers not eager to send George to LA
« on: June 26, 2017, 04:27:46 PM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196
Ryan Rueda: @stevekylerNBA is the Lakers still in talks with Indy for a Paul George trade? Steve Kyler: Last I heard talks with Lakers died off two days before the draft. Pacers not eager to help Lakers land PG unless it favors them. 6 hours ago – via Twitter stevekylerNBA

With this news, as well as cavs possibly going after melo and Wade, it looks like the c's have a great chance to land him.

Re: Steven Kyler: Pacers not eager to send George to LA
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2017, 04:31:11 PM »

Offline ETNCeltics

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 307
I would imagine they're even less inclined to help us.

The LAL have very little to offer. Something like a vet wing + memphis (or Boston) 1st is probably more than LA can match.

IMO, Ainge is going to see if he can land Hayward before he closes the PG door.

« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2017, 04:31:19 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
I can't imagine Indy wanting to do him any favours.
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2017, 04:32:29 PM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1408
  • Let's Go Celtics!
Ryan Rueda: @stevekylerNBA is the Lakers still in talks with Indy for a Paul George trade? Steve Kyler: Last I heard talks with Lakers died off two days before the draft. Pacers not eager to help Lakers land PG unless it favors them. 6 hours ago – via Twitter stevekylerNBA

With this news, as well as cavs possibly going after melo and Wade, it looks like the c's have a great chance to land him.

I'd still take the risk, but I don't have a good feeling that he lands with us. I just feel like the chance to pull the trigger was draft night when we were "in serious talks". Still curious as to why the talks fell through that night.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2017, 04:35:13 PM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196

I'd still take the risk, but I don't have a good feeling that he lands with us. I just feel like the chance to pull the trigger was draft night when we were "in serious talks". Still curious as to why the talks fell through that night.

They want to sign Hayward first, I think this is already worked out between Danny and Bird, they just have to wait to make it happen IMO...

Remember this?

Wiggins signed with the Cavaliers on July 25th for $5.5 million, enacting the NBA’s “30 day rule.” The rule (Article VII, Section 8 (d)(i) for those interested) states that a rookie can not be traded within 30 days of signing a contract, meaning that Wiggins could not be officially traded until August 23rd

Tatum could be involved, so they would have to wait.

« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2017, 04:41:39 PM »

Offline chilidawg

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 261
Like most of what we read, it's speculation fueled by baseless rumors. 

« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2017, 04:43:47 PM »

Offline ETNCeltics

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 307

Depends on what we're risking. As long as we're not risking Brown, Tatum, BRK 18, or LAL 18.

« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2017, 04:44:04 PM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1408
  • Let's Go Celtics!

They want to sign Hayward first, I think this is already worked out between Danny and Bird, they just have to wait to make it happen IMO...

Remember this?

Wiggins signed with the Cavaliers on July 25th for $5.5 million, enacting the NBA’s “30 day rule.” The rule (Article VII, Section 8 (d)(i) for those interested) states that a rookie can not be traded within 30 days of signing a contract, meaning that Wiggins could not be officially traded until August 23rd

Didn't Bird step down as GM? Pretty sure Kevin Pritchard is handling the PG negotiations.

And I'm not really sure how the Wiggins thing fits in unless you're implying that Tatum is involved. He hasn't signed his rookie deal yet and it'd also be odd that Danny & Co. has been hyping him up so much if they were only if they already reached terms to trade him.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2017, 04:51:54 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1548
If the Lakers put both Randle and Clarkson and a future 1st on the table, I still think that trade can be beaten by any number of other teams, one of which I'm sure would, and that is the real problem for the Lakers.  Unless they are willing to move Ingram or Ball, I just don't see George being traded to the Lakers as all that likely from a value to Indiana standpoint.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2017, 05:04:44 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.

Remember this?

Tatum hasn't signed a contract, though.  Note Wiggins didn't until weeks into free agency.

« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2017, 05:20:41 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619

Remember this?

Tatum hasn't signed a contract, though.  Note Wiggins didn't until weeks into free agency.

It depends if Tatum's salary is needed to match.  If it isn't, he could be traded before he is signed.  If it is, then there'd be that awkward month of waiting.

« Reply #11 on: June 26, 2017, 05:22:21 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2930
Kyler also said today that he's hearing that the C's plan with George is only to trade for him if A) they can get another big name in free agency (Hayward or Griffin), or B) his price is low enough that it makes sense even for a one year gamble. Obviously in situation A they're willing to pay a bit more for him, since they think it'd be really hard for him to walk away from a superteam to LA.

If these reports are true, then I'm betting they already have a conditional trade offer on the table for if we ultimately do sign a Hayward or Griffin. I could see something like a three way deal where AB and/or Crowder get shipped off to another team (such as Denver, Portland, Philly etc.) for picks that go to Indy, along with something like the LA pick or both the Memphis and Clippers picks.

« Reply #12 on: June 26, 2017, 05:35:32 PM »

Offline mctyson

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 372
I would be completely shocked if Ainge traded either Brown or Tatum for Paul George.

Any competent GM would simply wait on PG until (a) Pacers get real desperate or (b) 2018 Free Agency.

And don't give me the "He wants to go to the Lakers!" against option (b).  If that is the case, he is not signing and extension anywhere and no trade of any value is getting done for Indiana.

« Reply #13 on: June 26, 2017, 05:48:09 PM »

Offline Geo123

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 33
The Pacers will take the best deal they're offered regardless of who it's with. 

« Reply #14 on: June 26, 2017, 05:55:45 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969
come on Larry do what ya can ....get us PG ......then bolt your tail hard as you can for the Celtics camp .....

Forget that Indiana stuff.

Final thought .....who ever wants to help Lakers or Heat in any situation. .....nobody but themselves.