Author Topic: 2016-17 NBA All Defensive Team revealed  (Read 4548 times)

Re: 2016-17 NBA All Defensive Team revealed
« Reply #15 on: June 26, 2017, 03:00:47 PM »

Offline The Oracle

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 597
Durant should have definitely made it.  Bradley and Crowder shouldn't be anywhere near an all defensive team. 

« Reply #16 on: June 26, 2017, 03:00:55 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Bradley's time out cost him. He is a better defender than Paul, Giannis, and Tony Allen at this point in their respective careers. Wonder how much Boston's porous defense cost Smart and Bradley, two excellent defenders.

« Reply #17 on: June 26, 2017, 03:05:53 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
Durant should have definitely made it.  Bradley and Crowder shouldn't be anywhere near an all defensive team.
Durant is an All Defensive Team quality defender but Bradley isn't?

What games are you watching?
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #18 on: June 26, 2017, 03:11:01 PM »

Offline unclebay

• NCE
  • Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 15
This is one of the most laughable posts I've ever seen on here.

« Reply #19 on: June 26, 2017, 03:13:53 PM »

Offline coffee425

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 122
This is one of the most laughable posts I've ever seen on here.
i'll tp you because of your lack of them. welcome! though it seems that you've been reading plenty of our posts :)
Even at the end of the game, we lined up in different formation that he hadn't seen and he called out our play before I got the ball. I heard him calling it out. -John Wall on Brad Stevens

« Reply #20 on: June 26, 2017, 03:15:06 PM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 976
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
So Avery, Klay, Wall, DeAndre and Millsap miss the cut because their positions were filled already, not because they didn't have enough points total.   :(
« Last Edit: June 26, 2017, 03:34:09 PM by Surferdad »

« Reply #21 on: June 26, 2017, 03:23:36 PM »

Offline max215

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 624
Crowder didn't get snubbed, he is highly overrated on this board. Bradley and Smart seem about right.  Bradley's only "snub" was positions, as he had the 10th most votes, but Giannis as a forward got the 10th slot.  I have no issue with Westbrook receiving 10 points.  And who really cares if Aldridge, Lillard, Thomas, and C. Zeller got 1 second place vote.  It is essentially meaningless.

I don't think Crowder is overrated at all. He was excellent and deserved to make one of the teams in 2016, despite missing by a vote or two. I think most realize that he regressed pretty dramatically this year and was in no way deserving of making either team.
Isaiah, you were lightning in a bottle.

DKC Clippers

« Reply #22 on: June 26, 2017, 03:30:43 PM »

Offline The Oracle

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 597
Crowder didn't get snubbed, he is highly overrated on this board. Bradley and Smart seem about right.  Bradley's only "snub" was positions, as he had the 10th most votes, but Giannis as a forward got the 10th slot.  I have no issue with Westbrook receiving 10 points.  And who really cares if Aldridge, Lillard, Thomas, and C. Zeller got 1 second place vote.  It is essentially meaningless.

I don't think Crowder is overrated at all. He was excellent and deserved to make one of the teams in 2016, despite missing by a vote or two. I think most realize that he regressed pretty dramatically this year and was in no way deserving of making either team.
Crowder's effort level regressed dramatically this year, he was a completely different player in 15-16 defensively.  Bradley is incredibly overrated based on his defense in isolation when the rest of his defense holds little value.

« Reply #23 on: June 26, 2017, 03:40:27 PM »

Offline JumpingJudkins

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 29
There's honestly not a guard on there I would take -- defensively -- over Marcus Smart. Beverly is really good, but he can't do what Smart does.

« Reply #24 on: June 26, 2017, 03:40:38 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842

Crowder's effort level regressed dramatically this year, he was a completely different player in 15-16 defensively.  Bradley is incredibly overrated based on his defense in isolation when the rest of his defense holds little value.
Bradley is defense's Kyrie Irving.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #25 on: June 26, 2017, 06:25:45 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Evan Fournier: How the hell Avery Bradley is not in the 1st all defensive team ? 2 hours ago

« Reply #26 on: June 26, 2017, 06:42:19 PM »

Offline max215

• Don Nelson

I agree on both counts. Smart is the best defender on the team IMO.

DKC Clippers

« Reply #27 on: June 26, 2017, 06:46:35 PM »

Offline max215

• Don Nelson

Bradley is defense's Kyrie Irving.

Fantastic comparison on so many levels. This really captures why other players support him so much, specifically the guys that go head to head with him. Bradley makes you look and feel silly and incapable in the same way that Kyrie does when you're going at him one-on-one, but his overall game is lacking due to the aspects that aren't on the forefront.

DKC Clippers

« Reply #28 on: June 26, 2017, 06:52:00 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3175
Bradley's time out cost him. He is a better defender than Paul, Giannis, and Tony Allen at this point in their respective careers. Wonder how much Boston's porous defense cost Smart and Bradley, two excellent defenders.

The all defensive team should go to the team with the best defense not to individual defenders. Defense is a team game.

« Reply #29 on: June 26, 2017, 06:56:37 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867

The all defensive team should go to the team with the best defense not to individual defenders. Defense is a team game.

and how do you measure such a team?