Author Topic: Rubio still on the block - where does he end up  (Read 3760 times)

Re: Rubio still on the block - where does he end up
« Reply #15 on: June 26, 2017, 05:39:54 PM »

Offline HomerSapien

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 43
I've always thought Rubio was underrated as well.  Prior to trading Rondo for Crowder + draft pick (which ended up working out better) I was always hoping the C's would trade Rondo for Rubio.

If I was the T'Wolves I'd hang on to Ricky and see how the chemistry with Butler works.  Maybe sign an FA like Patty Mills to bring shooting off the bench to spread the floor more when Rubio is out of the game.

Rubio might be good in Detroit, but I don't know why MIN would want to take back Reggie Jackson.

« Reply #16 on: June 26, 2017, 05:44:42 PM »

Offline Bucketgetter

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 11
So they've hung onto Rubio all these years, and they've finally acquired some legit players for him to pass to, and NOW they want to get rid of him?
They’ve wanted to get rid of him for years.
CB Mock Deadline - Minnesota Timberwolves
Kemba Walker / Tyus Jones / Aaron Brooks
Jimmy Butler / Jamal Crawford / Treveon Graham
Rodney Hood / Nic Batum / Marcus Georges Hunt
Taj Gibson / Nemanja Bjelica / Jonas Jerebko
KAT / Derrick Favors / Cole Aldrich
Picks - 2018 CHA 1st (Lotto protected), none out

« Reply #17 on: June 26, 2017, 07:29:30 PM »

Offline rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 324
So they've hung onto Rubio all these years, and they've finally acquired some legit players for him to pass to, and NOW they want to get rid of him?
They’ve wanted to get rid of him for years.

Right, but now they have some very good offensive players (Towns, Butler, Wiggins) who complement Rubio's primary strength (passing), so it seems to me he's a better fit now than ever before.
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis