Author Topic: Final haul on Rondo Dwight Powell trade to the Mavs  (Read 2906 times)

Final haul on Rondo Dwight Powell trade to the Mavs
« on: June 26, 2017, 11:34:12 AM »

Offline JBcat

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 512
I believe the final haul after this draft for the Rondo trade is Crowder, Nate Robinson, Yabusele, Demetrius Jackson, and now Semi.  Crowder alone wins that trade, and if at least one of Yabu, Jackson, and Semi makes it that's a huge win for that trade.

Re: Final haul on Rondo Dwight Powell trade to the Mavs
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2017, 12:26:38 PM »

Offline CelticGuardian

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 43
  • Blood. Sweat. & Tears.
I believe the final haul after this draft for the Rondo trade is Crowder, Nate Robinson, Yabusele, Demetrius Jackson, and now Semi.  Crowder alone wins that trade, and if at least one of Yabu, Jackson, and Semi makes it that's a huge win for that trade.

Not bad, 3 of those players are certainly tradeable. but Dallas loss that trade as soon as that series against Houston happened and Rondo got that 8 sec violation. I mean Crowder could have been what James Young is now and its still a sorta-kinda win for us and L for Dallas.

When you trade for a star player and he ends up being Kwame Brown in the playoffs... nothing you can do but curse Danny Ainge's name and keep it moving. I like what Dallas has going on now tho and think Dennis Smith JR could be a steal.

« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2017, 11:17:13 PM »

Offline __ramonezy__

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 62
Funniest part of this is that we could get all this and still have the opportunity to re-sign Rondo if we want

« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2017, 01:47:17 AM »

Offline Chris22

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 460
It's not done yet.
Crowder may be part of a trade for Paul George.

« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2017, 08:45:07 AM »

Offline IDreamCeltics

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 140

Would you still feel that way in the hypothetical scenario of:

Rondo not breaking his thumb and the Celtics getting swept by the Bulls in the first round of the playoffs last year?

« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2017, 08:50:25 AM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842

Would you still feel that way in the hypothetical scenario of:

Rondo not breaking his thumb and the Celtics getting swept by the Bulls in the first round of the playoffs last year?
I do. How would you feel about the haul of the Celtics came roaring from back and won the ECF on the back of a ridiculous Jae Crowder hot streak? What if the Mavs had gotten us the 9th pick in the draft instead of 16th? What if...
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2017, 09:38:27 AM »

Offline JBcat

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 512
It's not done yet.

Good point.  Also if you traded Crowder just by himself I wonder what type of package you could get.  He is on a great contract signed for 3 more years.

« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2017, 10:14:59 AM »

Offline Darío SpanishFan

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 141
It's not done yet.

Good point.  Also if you traded Crowder just by himself I wonder what type of package you could get.  He is on a great contract signed for 3 more years.

But this is tricky. We signed Crowder AFTER that deal. So I think it's fair to leave the return this way and not cheat with future implications  :laugh:

« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2017, 12:29:03 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533
It's not done yet.

But this is tricky. We signed Crowder AFTER that deal. So I think it's fair to leave the return this way and not cheat with future implications  :laugh:
yep especially since the odds of Crowder getting traded with nothing else is very small.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip