Author Topic: Per windhorst: Anthony and Wade want to sign with cavs  (Read 6977 times)

Re: Per windhorst: Anthony and Wade want to sign with cavs
« Reply #45 on: June 26, 2017, 07:27:16 PM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1547
I believe there is a distinct difference between a buyout and choosing to sign for less than you can.

Ray Allen was well within his rights to go to Miami ring-chasing. We as fans were all upset, but could you imagine if he was still under contract and forced a buyout to go to Miami?

It's really a case of having your cake and eating it too. So you sign with a team, usually for a ludicrous offer (you rarely seen forced buyouts for good deals), then want to still get paid to leave for a better team?

It's one thing to call shots when you're a free agent, if you want less money or to play for a certain team, more power to you. But this whole "I don't want to play here anymore, I want to play there" is rubbing me the wrong way. PG13 did it publicly to Indy. Josh Jackson did it to us. Wade and Melo are apparently doing it to their teams.
Anthony doesn't want to leave New York. New York is done with him.  The only reason he is still a Knick is because they gave him a no trade clause.  Wade is obviously different but when he signed there they had Butler. They now don't have Butler and are rebuilding.  Why would a veteran want to stay on a rebuilding team and why would a rebuilding team want a veteran.

OF course neither is bought out yet anyway
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #46 on: June 26, 2017, 07:33:16 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1762
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
I believe there is a distinct difference between a buyout and choosing to sign for less than you can.

Ray Allen was well within his rights to go to Miami ring-chasing. We as fans were all upset, but could you imagine if he was still under contract and forced a buyout to go to Miami?

It's really a case of having your cake and eating it too. So you sign with a team, usually for a ludicrous offer (you rarely seen forced buyouts for good deals), then want to still get paid to leave for a better team?

It's one thing to call shots when you're a free agent, if you want less money or to play for a certain team, more power to you. But this whole "I don't want to play here anymore, I want to play there" is rubbing me the wrong way. PG13 did it publicly to Indy. Josh Jackson did it to us. Wade and Melo are apparently doing it to their teams.
Anthony doesn't want to leave New York. New York is done with him.  The only reason he is still a Knick is because they gave him a no trade clause.  Wade is obviously different but when he signed there they had Butler. They now don't have Butler and are rebuilding.  Why would a veteran want to stay on a rebuilding team and why would a rebuilding team want a veteran.

What? So 6 days ago when Wade picked up his option for next year he had no idea that Butler may be traded? I don't buy that at all - Butler has been on the block since last year's draft. Besides, this is what Wade had to say on 6/20/17:

"The biggest thing is I came here and I was embraced," Wade told reporters after the season. "Not only by the city, by up top. I was embraced by the coaches, the players, and it was some good moments and some bad moments, just like every season. But I don't regret my decision at all."

« Reply #47 on: June 26, 2017, 07:42:28 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1394

Lol you mean the world completely changed from when Wade opted in 6 days ago? Butler was rumored to be on the block for over a year. if Wade is blindsided by the news he is a complete moron. Also pretty interesting you dropped off a bunch of buy out guys that averaged between 6 and 12 points to show they were the same as if Carmelo anthony gets bought out after a year in which he averages 22 and 6 and was an all-star.

Just a side note conversations would be a lot more productive if you could occasionally give an inch on things instead of taking the "this always happens and is not even slightly different from anything ever" hard line stance on issues.

Has the buyout market changed the last 10 years in both the quantity and quality of player? Yes, it is not debatable even from a pure numbers standpoint. I honestly think they will tweak the league rules in the next CBA so this doesn't continue to change. Why you can't just acknowledge that and have a normal discussion is really beyond me.