Author Topic: Carmelo could be bought out this summer. What price would you want him at?  (Read 5664 times)

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/19735485/cleveland-cavaliers-continue-pursuit-paul-george-leading-contender-land-carmelo-anthony

"The Cleveland Cavaliers continue to pursue a trade for Paul George and will be leading contenders for Carmelo Anthony's services, should Anthony secure an offseason buyout from the New York Knicks, according to league sources."

It seems lebron wants both George and Carmelo. This guy wants 50 superstars on his team

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
There's no point.  LeBron gets all buyouts.  Could offer $15 million and he'd still take the minimum from the Cavs.

Offline jambr380

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1755
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
I said it earlier today in the Wade thread, but the league needs to do something about the buy-out rules and make them more similar to waived player rules where teams can bid up to an amount that they are willing to spend and that player goes to the highest bidder.

As it stands, Wade and Carmelo could both theoretically get bought out and join the Cavs for the vet minimum. Maybe a medically cleared Bosh can join the fun, too. That is just bs.

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3148
I said it earlier today in the Wade thread, but the league needs to do something about the buy-out rules and make them more similar to waived player rules where teams can bid up to an amount that they are willing to spend and that player goes to the highest bidder.

As it stands, Wade and Carmelo could both theoretically get bought out and join the Cavs for the vet minimum. Maybe a medically cleared Bosh can join the fun, too. That is just bs.

And The Cavs would still lose....

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842
If he's bought out he's a cavalier.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047

I think you've got a valid point.  buy-outs shouldn't work the same as free agency.  treating them like waived players would be a fairer treatment for all (except that player)

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3148
I don't think The Celtics or San Antonio or GSW have ever bought a player out. It's a move for teams that make bad signings and then they get bailed out by buying there way out. If these teams have so much money to throw around the salary cap should be higher.

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619

I think you've got a valid point.  buy-outs shouldn't work the same as free agency.  treating them like waived players would be a fairer treatment for all (except that player)

It wouldn't matter.  The Jazz were a contender, interested in Deron Williams, and had the cap room to claim him.  Since they were under the floor it actually would have saved them money.  His agent pressured them to let him clear waivers and sign with the Cavs.

Offline LilRip

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 391
Ugh, but it's the reality of the situation. Melo will undoubtedly join the Cavs and it'll be another GSW-CLE finals.
- LilRip

Offline mrceltics2013

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 15
Would Ben stupid to join the cavs. Iggy is about to leave for more money, melo should join GSW 😂

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2951
i want to be paid to take him.

thanks

Offline Future Celtics Owner

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 191
  • Celtic's only raise championship Banners
Carmello would be a good tutor for Tatum. If he gets bought-out and would do a 1 year deal with us for cheap money that would be really great. Some players do not like or want to play with IT, wonder what Carmello thinks of IT.

Offline GreenEnvy

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1031
Carmello would be a good tutor for Tatum. If he gets bought-out and would do a 1 year deal with us for cheap money that would be really great. Some players do not like or want to play with IT, wonder what Carmello thinks of IT.

Who has publicly stated they do not like/wouldn't play with IT?
CELTICS 2024

Offline tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 549
Carmelo is owed over 54M.  He isn't getting bought out. 

Offline Future Celtics Owner

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 191
  • Celtic's only raise championship Banners

Who has publicly stated they do not like/wouldn't play with IT?
The list is on here somewhere. It's almost midnight I'm not digging up every player. If it helps maybe try to find the Bill Simmons podcast where he talks about players not wanting to play with IT because they feel he holds the ball too long.