Author Topic: This is going to sound Crazy, but could Rondo be the C's starting PG in 2018?  (Read 6191 times)

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196
Just for fun....

If we bring in George and Hayward on max contacts, there would be a chance we could lose IT if another team offers him a max, or if he struggles to come back from his hip Iniury.

Say we can re-sign smart at a cheaper deal, would you want Rondo back to get Hayward, George and Horford easy looks?

We saw what he did in the first 2 games in the playoffs, he appears to have a lot left in the tank.

Or does he simply not fit in Stevens' offense?
« Last Edit: June 25, 2017, 06:19:16 PM by rondohondo »

Offline JumpingJudkins

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 27
Yes, that sounds crazy. Zero percent chance.

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
No. Stevens did not like rondo. Ainge is over it too. Rondo is blacklisted from Celtics, mavericks, clippers, and probably kings

He will probably end up with pelicans, pacers, or bulls

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2923
  • On To Banner 18!
Yep, so we will return to complaining about how Rondo can't shoot, and how we wish we had a PG who could shoot  ::)

You know it's going to happen around here or everywhere in the media with Celtics fans  :P
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

Offline Future Celtics Owner

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 191
  • Celtic's only raise championship Banners
Theres always a chance. People can say what they want about RR but DA and CBS would be okay with him if we signed him cheap and we needed a PG to help our team for the playoffs.

Offline BostonClamCrowdah

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 14
Lol

Offline Chris22

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 460
F Rondo and the horse he rode in on.

Offline PaulP34

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 39
Rondo does facilitate the offense pretty well. Im not big on PG13 at all not for a trade. If we get Hayward in FA fine but i dont wanna give up any picks for PG. Im for the young future picks over winning the east now n losing to GSW anyway. I will stand by winning for 10 years over trying for 3

Horfords gonna get old, i see why we signed him but it was clearly a mistake. Woulda rather just build for the future like Philly is doing. IT is gonna get old, Bradley is gona get old n we aint winning anything with these guys.

Tatum and Jaylen are just the beginning. Them two top five picks next year are gonna most likey turn into Porter Jr., Bamba, Ayton, Doncic or Bridges. Thats a beast of a team for the future. PG is the only issue to be honest. In 5 years from now this team could look like this

Terry Rozier PG/?
Jaylen Brown SG
Michael Porter Jr. SF
Jayson Tatum PF
Ante Zizic/Mohamad Bamba C

Still alot of ??? But most of these guys are top 5 picks

Offline OldSchoolDude

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 79
Rondo does facilitate the offense pretty well. Im not big on PG13 at all not for a trade. If we get Hayward in FA fine but i dont wanna give up any picks for PG. Im for the young future picks over winning the east now n losing to GSW anyway. I will stand by winning for 10 years over trying for 3

Horfords gonna get old, i see why we signed him but it was clearly a mistake. Woulda rather just build for the future like Philly is doing. IT is gonna get old, Bradley is gona get old n we aint winning anything with these guys.

Tatum and Jaylen are just the beginning. Them two top five picks next year are gonna most likey turn into Porter Jr., Bamba, Ayton, Doncic or Bridges. Thats a beast of a team for the future. PG is the only issue to be honest. In 5 years from now this team could look like this

Terry Rozier PG/?
Jaylen Brown SG
Michael Porter Jr. SF
Jayson Tatum PF
Ante Zizic/Mohamad Bamba C

Still alot of ??? But most of these guys are top 5 picks

Lets not forget that even if we get the LAL pick in 2018, we still have 3 picks in 2019 and I think we can reasonably maneuver for a good big man in that draft as well.

So I can see us with a seriously dominant team, assuming the 2018 &2019 drafts go well for us and our picks live up to their potential. 

PG:  Luka Doncic
SG:  Jaylen Brown
SF:  Jayson Tatum
PF:  Michael Porter Jr.
 C:  Bol Bol

The only problem I see with that starting 5 is how to pay them.

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
You bite your tongue!

God forbid it.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
Would be hilarious. Ten years on from #17 and he returns for #18.

If we got #18 with him at the helm that'd be one of the best basketball stories ever.
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 972
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."

Offline greece66

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1342
  • Head Paperboy at Greenville
It does sound crazy.

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith