Author Topic: Marcus Nailing Deep 3's With More Compact Form, "It's a different me."  (Read 8968 times)

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
https://instagram.com/p/BVv0qRCl1kz/

I just saw this on Instagram. Marcus's shot looks much better here. His release is a little lower, and his elbow is more under the ball. If Smart can shoot next year, watch out!

its a different me?

slightly compact stroke, same result

Maybe he should try the jump shot with more lift

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842
Ahhh the annual Marcus Smart has learned to shoot thread

Believe it when I see it. Still think he's got the ability to turn him self info a guy who can knock down open catch and shoot threes, but I'm not gonna be convinced during the offseason.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

Offline Dino Pitino

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 219

Believe it when I see it. Still think he's got the ability to turn him self info a guy who can knock down open catch and shoot threes, but I'm not gonna be convinced during the offseason.

What was his percentage on corner threes?
What was his overall 3pt% in the playoffs?
"Young man, you have the question backwards." - Bill Russell

"My guess is that an aggregator of expert opinions would be close in terms of results to that of Danny." - Roy H.

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700
This is reminiscent of Sullys summer posts about losing weight

Offline wiley

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 386
Good job Marcus!

Keep it up!

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson

What was his percentage on corner threes?
What was his overall 3pt% in the playoffs?
Shot well in the playoffs, but he's always been streaky.

Shot well on corner 3s.

Doesn't change the fact that he shot 28% for the year. He still can become a good shooter, but I'm not about to give this guy the benefit of the doubt when he's shot 27% from deep the last two years.

I've long held that I'm more worried about his lack of quickness and finishing ability than I am his shooting. I think he will eventually wisen up his shot selection and become a passable catch and shoot 3 point shooter. I'm just not gonna get excited about that progrsss till he proves it over an extended period.

I'd honestly rather see him slimming down a bit ala Kyle Lowry to get some of his burst from OSU back.
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

Offline mctyson

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 372
I'd honestly rather see him slimming down a bit ala Kyle Lowry to get some of his burst from OSU back.

No.  He stays a beast.

Offline Androslav

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 528

No.  He stays a beast.
10 lbs less is what id like to see too. We will crowd wing positions so his bulk is less needed. Extra quickness would help him a lot as a guard.
As far as his shooting goes, I think we have a good enough sample size to know where he is at that.
"The joy of the balling under the rims."

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson

No.  He stays a beast.
I believe the best course of action is to move away from avery Bradley and resign Marcus.

Hopefully, we are able to add another high wing either through Hayward or the '18 draft.

I think Marcus has been asked to gaurd a lot of larger players because Isaiah and Avery can only guard smaller quick ones. Once our personnel shifts to become more equipped to deal with bigger perimeter players, we shouldn't need to ask Marcus to D up wings and swings as much, but without AB we will need someone to chase around elite ballhandlers and quicker 2 guards. In order to to this Marcus would have to slim down.

Offline hodgy03038

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 440
  • Marcus Smart #1 Fan
Way to go Marcus. Last year he improved from a terrible free throw shooter to a very good one. I think each year he improves something.

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
Way to go Marcus. Last year he improved from a terrible free throw shooter to a very good one. I think each year he improves something.
78% = terrible
82% = very good

Am I misreading this post?

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2944
  • On To Banner 18!
78% = terrible
82% = very good

Am I misreading this post?

Well... would you rather an 89% (B+), or a 91% (A-)  ;)
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

Offline Rosco917

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 559
Sometimes I think there's a correlation between the IT bashers, and the Smart enthusiasts. Like the IT enthusiasts think if they bash Smart it bothers the IT detractors, and visa versa.

I wonder how many are fans of, and believe in the value of both.

I know I'm imagining this...me I just want a shot at 18.

Offline CelticGuardian

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 43
  • Blood. Sweat. & Tears.
Sometimes I think there's a correlation between the IT bashers, and the Smart enthusiasts. Like the IT enthusiasts think if they bash Smart it bothers the IT detractors, and visa versa.

Very polarizing players with polar opposite games

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3175

I love both but on opposite sides of the court. I think they both are going to be better this year and that The Celtics make it to the finals!