Author Topic: Marcus Nailing Deep 3's With More Compact Form, "It's a different me."  (Read 8916 times)

Offline GetLucky

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 349
https://instagram.com/p/BVv0qRCl1kz/

I just saw this on Instagram. Marcus's shot looks much better here. His release is a little lower, and his elbow is more under the ball. If Smart can shoot next year, watch out!

Offline dreamgreen

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
Not holding my breath. His shot timing/selection is just as bad as his shot and add to that he still can't get past anyway driving to the hoop. Think it's time for people to have a "coming to Jesus" moment about Smart. The truth is he sucks on offense and has miles to go to get better!

Offline Denis998

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 388
  • Rutgers '17
Déjà vu

Offline PAOBoston

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 533
We can hope. Just needs to be an average 3 or shooter. He does so many things that help you win, adding a solid 3pt shot would do wonders for him and the Cs.

Offline BostonClamCrowdah

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 14
Lol yeah, it only took him one month to become a shooter! It's s miracle!

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 741
All this time he's bee shooting from 23 feet when he should've been shooting from 40 feet. Much better at that distance.

Anyway, I'll believe it when he's made 35% of his threes all season and it's January. Until then, I will remain hopeful but that's the best I can do.
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008

Offline rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 325
Not holding my breath. His shot timing/selection is just as bad as his shot and add to that he still can't get past anyway driving to the hoop. Think it's time for people to have a "coming to Jesus" moment about Smart. The truth is he sucks on offense and has miles to go to get better!

TP. This is a good point. Far too often he takes shots with the shot clock winding down—far more often than the law of averages would suggest. Seems to me he feels some psychological need to be the one to take those shots, even though he's not very good at them, and he's not good at creating his own shot.
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
Rondo 2.0 without the passing, rebounding, or driving

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1756
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
Well, I guess good for him, but the only way it really benefits us is if we extend him this summer and he outperforms his next contract. As it stands now, his trade value is on the lower side because he can't shoot and if we re-sign him next year after a solid year from 3, he is going to get a lot more money.

I would honestly rather he just kind-of suck again this year, sign him to a value contract, and then have him explode from 3.

Offline dreamgreen

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
Rondo 2.0 without the passing, rebounding, or driving

LOL TP

Offline mrceltics2013

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 15
Smh kill it. He needs to learn to at least attempt layups

Offline Dino Pitino

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 219
The negativity on this board regarding Smart sucks and it stinks.
"Young man, you have the question backwards." - Bill Russell

"My guess is that an aggregator of expert opinions would be close in terms of results to that of Danny." - Roy H.

Offline oldtype

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 143
I'm actually pretty sure that he'll become a league average three-point shooter at some point, at least on the catch-and-shoot.

Smart's problem isn't necessarily bad shooting it's more A. bad shot selection, and B. the lack of a driving option. 

Great words from a great man

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
The negativity on this board regarding Smart sucks and it stinks.
Go back to Kentucky!

Offline Emmette Bryant

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 286
Every year Marcus gives me hope that he will become a better shooter. And every year I experience disappointment and feel betrayed.

Not unlike Charlie Brown.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=055wFyO6gag