Author Topic: My sign Hayward then trade for PG13 roster plan  (Read 8739 times)

Re: My sign Hayward then trade for PG13 roster plan
« Reply #45 on: June 26, 2017, 01:30:56 PM »

Offline droopdog7

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 466
THis is never going to happen. It is one or the other. If we sign Hayward we are not getting George but if we miss out on hayward we will trade for George.

Makes zero sense after drafting tatum and brown
Makes all the sense in the world.  George and Hayward can definitely play together; one at the 2 and the other at the 3.  As for Tatum and Brown, well, they'll have to earn their stripes.  They'll develop either way and if one or both become stars in the future then that's a heck of a problem to have isn't it?  If they don't then, well, no issues there either.

« Reply #46 on: June 26, 2017, 01:32:50 PM »

Offline Smokeeye123

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 156
THis is never going to happen. It is one or the other. If we sign Hayward we are not getting George but if we miss out on hayward we will trade for George.

Makes all the sense in the world.  George and Hayward can definitely play together; one at the 2 and the other at the 3.  As for Tatum and Brown, well, they'll have to earn their stripes.  They'll develop either way and if one or both become stars in the future then that's a heck of a problem to have isn't it?  If they don't then, well, no issues there either.

Who is playing guard? Brown annnnnd Rozier? IT would be gone after this year.

« Reply #47 on: June 26, 2017, 01:54:47 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867

Exactly

Brown and tatum can play a significant role off the bench

Eat jerebko and ko mins

I wouldnt pay them alot of money come off the bench...but they are on a friendly rookie deal for the short term... By the time they are ready to start...hayward, pg13 likely are gone

« Reply #48 on: June 26, 2017, 01:55:56 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club

Hayward and Brown play SG. IT will get re-signed because of ownership is okaying  these traded they are okaying a couple years of luxury tax for a window to win titles.

« Reply #49 on: June 26, 2017, 02:16:11 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867

Hayward and Brown play SG. IT will get re-signed because of ownership is okaying  these traded they are okaying a couple years of luxury tax for a window to win titles.

Not a guarantee IT4 will be resigned

This potential super lineup could be a one year thing only.   

« Reply #50 on: June 26, 2017, 02:45:12 PM »

Offline BitterJim

• NGT
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1212
I can't wait until July 1st when I see or hear these words on the headlines:

"Gordon Hayward has agreed to terms to sign with the Boston Celtics with a $XXX 5-year max deal."

Followed by...

"The Boston Celtics have packaged in a blockbuster trade to send Player A, Player B, Player C, Player D, MEM pick, and LAC pick to Indiana in exchange for Paul George."

It will be the next biggest thing since the summer of 2007.  ;D :angel:

You'll be waiting at least 4 years to see that. We don't hold his Bird Rights, so we can only give him 4 years.
I'm bitter.

« Reply #51 on: June 26, 2017, 02:47:46 PM »

Offline BitterJim

• NGT
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1212

If we sign Hayward and trade for George, I can guarantee that IT will be resigned. Danny isn't gonna trade good assets (or bad ones, really) for one year of being the 2nd best team in the league. Either he'd resign IT and try for a few years of contention or sign Hayward and leave George alone
I'm bitter.

« Reply #52 on: June 26, 2017, 02:48:41 PM »

Offline Smokeeye123

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 156

We as fans think its a no brainer for the owners to spend an extra $90mil in luxury tax.

From a business perspective it might not make sense.

« Reply #53 on: June 26, 2017, 02:51:15 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club

Maybe but signs point to him being re-signed. He is the face of the franchise. He can score and do it at elite efficiency from the PG position. Stevens loves him. The Cs traded away the right to draft his successor. Seems like he will be re-signed to me unless his hip injury is a major problem.

« Reply #54 on: June 26, 2017, 06:27:01 PM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
So the best way to accommodate George plus a max signing would be to do a sign and trade for Hayward/Griffin then trade for George. In order to do  this we could be able to stay above the cap and thus not need to renounce free agents/overseas guys. Since the Clippers would be over the tax anyway, they are a lot more likely to accept a sign and trade than Utah. Here is how it would work imo

1. Trade Bradley, Mickey and Olynyk (signed at around 13.6 MM in his first year) for Blake Griffin
2. Trade Crowder, Zeller, Jackson and picks for Paul George

The roster would look like
1. Thomas/ Rozier
2. Smart/ Brown/ Green
3. George/ Tatum/ Semi
4. Griffin/ Yabu/Jerebko
5. Horford/Zizic/Withey (room exception)

The problem is if we want to extend George too we would need to create additional cap space, which would be extremely hard to do. If we don't extend George he could walk the next year leaving the Celtics with nothing, but if we do extend George we would have to clear so much salary that our bench would be terrible.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #55 on: June 26, 2017, 07:14:09 PM »

Offline tstorey_97

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 586
What we think is fine. What does Ainge want?

I want George and Hayward and that is clearly a "win now" move.

I don't see how season after next the super team we are hoping for can sustain.

Thomas would be gone/ Horford-George-Hayward are $90M.

Can the super team win a title? I would love to see them try. Would Ainge see it?

BTW, I don't see any player anywhere giving anything more than a small discount. The Cheat didn't give up more than a fraction per guy to get it done.

Also, if anyone has time, Horford--Hayward--George--Thomas--Brown--Smart and then four guys whom have never played in the NBA with two or three vets? C's are in luxury land as far as I can see.

« Reply #56 on: June 26, 2017, 09:36:05 PM »

Offline flybono

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 48
Ainge needs to make a move yesterday on George..

1 yr deal so be it..

Once james gets in George's ear, we're toast