Author Topic: My sign Hayward then trade for PG13 roster plan  (Read 8736 times)

Re: My sign Hayward then trade for PG13 roster plan
« Reply #15 on: June 25, 2017, 02:11:56 PM »

Offline ETNCeltics

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 306
More realistic scenario:

1. Celtics let KO, Zeller, Amir, Jerebko, Young, and Mickey walk clearing cap space
2. Sign Hayward to a max
3. Trade Bradley, Crowder, 2018 LA pick, for George
4. Use room exception and get min contracts to fill in the frontcourt with PF and C types.
I don't like any scenario that has us giving up the LAL pick, but this is about the only realistic offseason scenario that includes us landing PG.

« Reply #16 on: June 25, 2017, 02:18:43 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
More realistic scenario:

1. Celtics let KO, Zeller, Amir, Jerebko, Young, and Mickey walk clearing cap space
2. Sign Hayward to a max
4. Use room exception and get min contracts to fill in the frontcourt with PF and C types.

Do you think Ainge would really trade AB ahead of IT4?

« Reply #17 on: June 25, 2017, 02:18:46 PM »

Offline droopdog7

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 466
More realistic scenario:

2. Sign Hayward to a max
I don't like any scenario that has us giving up the LAL pick, but this is about the only realistic offseason scenario that includes us landing PG.
So as I understand it, #1 doesn't get us to max space, which basically means we can execute #2.  Is that right?

« Reply #18 on: June 25, 2017, 02:23:34 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1756
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
More realistic scenario:

2. Sign Hayward to a max

Without the extension (and I prefer the deal without the extension since I have no interest in dealing JB and Smart/Tatum to make the necessary room), I am hoping we can hang on to the LAL/Sac pick and maybe deal the Memphis and either the Clips pick or our 2018 pick. That is still better than the Lakers are giving up, especially with AB and Crowder in the deal. If Indy doesn't want AB, a third team can get involved and send another first to Indy.

But, yes, your general plan is what I think the majority of Cs fans are hoping for at this point, although I will question Horford's future after this season with the contracts of IT, George and Smart expiring. If we can deal him for a cheaper, yet totally viable big, that is the only way the luxury tax doesn't reach record territory.

Your plan also involves Hayward taking slightly less than the max since the new projected cap came in at $2M less than first thought. I suppose Rozier can be sent off in this scenario.

« Reply #19 on: June 25, 2017, 02:38:20 PM »

Offline Bobshot

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 141
More realistic scenario:

2. Sign Hayward to a max

Yeah. This is it. Plus add D. Jackson to the guys they have to let go to make the cap work.
They'll need that draft pick to sweeten the pot.

I doubt anybody else can offer this kind of package. Forget the Spurs. The Pacers don't want big salaries.

« Reply #20 on: June 25, 2017, 02:41:29 PM »

Offline Bobshot

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 141
More realistic scenario:

2. Sign Hayward to a max

absolutely. Even if George leaves after a year, and he trades Bradley, he can extend IT next year, or re-sign Bradley as FA. 

Even George as a rental works in this scenario! Don't think Ainge doesn't know that.

« Reply #21 on: June 25, 2017, 02:55:47 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 990
I can't wait until July 1st when I see or hear these words on the headlines:

"Gordon Hayward has agreed to terms to sign with the Boston Celtics with a $XXX 5-year max deal."

Followed by...

"The Boston Celtics have packaged in a blockbuster trade to send Player A, Player B, Player C, Player D, MEM pick, and LAC pick to Indiana in exchange for Paul George."

It will be the next biggest thing since the summer of 2007.  ;D :angel:

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #22 on: June 25, 2017, 02:56:20 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
More realistic scenario:

2. Sign Hayward to a max

In a heartbeat. Ainge traded 3 for 1 in part because Tatum was their top pick but also because Ainge must feel Fultz wouldn't fit in the team's future as IT is this team's future because he will re-sign him.

« Reply #23 on: June 25, 2017, 02:58:53 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
More realistic scenario:

2. Sign Hayward to a max
So as I understand it, #1 doesn't get us to max space, which basically means we can execute #2.  Is that right?
Yes.

« Reply #24 on: June 25, 2017, 03:37:29 PM »

Offline dreamgreen

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
If we are under the cap can Danny try to renegotiate Horford's deal? I know he has 3 years left not sure for how much $30m a year?

Id I was Danny that's what I would try first, not sure if you can do it but maybe extend him another year but bring the average down by $5m a year. Explain you're trying to bring in Hayward, PG13 and than next year you have to sign IT4. If you can get them all to take a little less for a 4 year title run, than bang!

« Reply #25 on: June 25, 2017, 04:57:38 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
If we are under the cap can Danny try to renegotiate Horford's deal? I know he has 3 years left not sure for how much $30m a year?

Id I was Danny that's what I would try first, not sure if you can do it but maybe extend him another year but bring the average down by $5m a year. Explain you're trying to bring in Hayward, PG13 and than next year you have to sign IT4. If you can get them all to take a little less for a 4 year title run, than bang!
No, can't do that. Against rules of CBA.

« Reply #26 on: June 25, 2017, 05:00:53 PM »

Offline td450

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 254
Would the league allow us give Utah a late first to facilitate a trade at his old cap number? Not sure if it can work that way, but Utah wouldn't be getting anything otherwise. Perhaps they'd be willing.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2017, 05:09:50 PM by td450 »

« Reply #27 on: June 25, 2017, 05:44:33 PM »

Offline Chris22

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 460
So, it will be IT, Brown, Hayward, George, and Horford?
« Last Edit: June 25, 2017, 05:56:13 PM by Chris22 »

« Reply #28 on: June 25, 2017, 05:55:26 PM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
More realistic scenario:

2. Sign Hayward to a max
#1 doesn't create enough space to make #2 possible. We need to trade Bradley, smart or crowder before signing Hayward.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #29 on: June 25, 2017, 06:13:41 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2906
More realistic scenario:

2. Sign Hayward to a max
#1 doesn't create enough space to make #2 possible. We need to trade Bradley, smart or crowder before signing Hayward.

Wouldn't trading Rozier do it? I knew trading him before the new projection would do it, but not certain now, though I think it's pretty close.