Author Topic: My sign Hayward then trade for PG13 roster plan  (Read 8735 times)

My sign Hayward then trade for PG13 roster plan
« on: June 25, 2017, 12:39:47 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
1. Sign Hayward to a 4 year deal, max contract
2. Trade 2018 Celtics 1st, 2019 Memphis or 2019 clippers 1st (whichever is higher) , multiple 2nd round picks,  Crowder, Rozier, Yabusele, Zeller, Nader  for  PG13, Seraphin,  Niang, Christmas, Robinson.  Celtics waive Christmas
3. Celtics resign KO to a 4 year , 52 Million dollar extension

Celtics lineup

Horford
PG13
Hayward
AB
IT4

KO/Zizic
Tatum
Brown/Olejeye
Smart
Allen

Seraphin
Niang
Robinson
Demetrius Jackson

This team has enough to be to beat the Cavs and GSW warriors.  A nice array of bench pieces to provide secondary scoring and plug into the starting unit to matchup/tackle various situations

Re: My sign Hayward then trade for PG13 roster plan
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2017, 01:06:21 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
That doesn't work under the CBA.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2017, 01:09:40 PM »

Offline iadera

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 74
  • CroCeltics
True, it doesn't.

« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2017, 01:11:47 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
Explain?

I mean if Wyc has to pay the luxury tax...he will have to for a chance to win a championship

« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2017, 01:14:34 PM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
2. Trade 2018 Celtics 1st, 2019 Memphis or 2019 clippers 1st (whichever is higher) , multiple 2nd round picks,  Crowder, Rozier, Yabusele, Zeller, Nader  for  PG13, Seraphin,  Niang, Christmas, Robinson.  Celtics waive Christmas

Celtics lineup

Horford
PG13
Hayward
AB
IT4

KO/Zizic
Tatum
Brown/Olejeye
Smart
Allen

Seraphin
Niang
Robinson
Demetrius Jackson

This team has enough to be to beat the Cavs and GSW warriors.  A nice array of bench pieces to provide secondary scoring and plug into the starting unit to matchup/tackle various situations
In order to create the cap space to sign Hayward, we would need to renounce Zeller, and Olynyk. C's would also need to deal one of Bradley, Crowder or Smart to create space for Hayward. So we can't include Zeller as part of the trade to match salaries, or re-sign Olynyk over the cap.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2017, 01:16:20 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
True, it doesn't.

If the Celts need to skip on signing KO...or only signing him to a qualifying offer.... asking Hayward to take a few million less...what about then?

Whatever the case is, Wyc can't also get out of paying the luxury tax

« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2017, 01:19:45 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce

Celtics lineup

Horford
PG13
Hayward
AB
IT4

KO/Zizic
Tatum
Brown/Olejeye
Smart
Allen

Seraphin
Niang
Robinson
Demetrius Jackson

In order to create the cap space to sign Hayward, we would need to renounce Zeller, and Olynyk. C's would also need to deal one of Bradley, Crowder or Smart to create space for Hayward. So we can't include Zeller as part of the trade to match salaries, or re-sign Olynyk over the cap.

thanks for the explanation....   

So basically in order to obtain Hayward and PG13...  3 of 4 of Zeller, KO, AB, Crowder and Smart need to go...?

« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2017, 01:20:27 PM »

Offline freshinthehouse

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 156
To have the necessary cap room to sign GH the C's would have to renounce KO, so they wouldn't be able to resign him via his Bird Rights.  And they would also have to renounce Zeller, who is included in your trade scenario.

« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2017, 01:25:50 PM »

Offline freshinthehouse

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 156

So basically in order to obtain Hayward and PG13...  3 of 4 of Zeller, KO, AB, Crowder and Smart need to go...?

KO and Zeller are gone if you want to sign GH.

To match salaries in a trade for PG13 the C's will have to send roughly 15 mill in salaries to Indy, which would be AB and Crowder, or AB and IT4, etc. 

« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2017, 01:31:09 PM »

Offline iadera

• Jayson Tatum
  • CroCeltics
It's just the matter of time when will PG13 land in Boston.

Let's look at that realisticly:

1.George is leaving Ind.next year. He said that.
2. Indiana has to sell him and the price will be reduced everybody knows.
3. There's no team that can offer more and better than Celtics at the moment. The only 2 teams that
     would possibly want to outbid us would be Lakers and Cavs. Lakers can't do that and Cavs
     maybe can, but Indiana doesn't want/need Kevin Love.
4. Possible 3-teams-trade is very unlikely to happen.
5. Our only concern is how to make cap space for 2 guys coming and it does seem possible. We'll
    have to say goodbye to a lots of players but that's the price of the cap.

Indiana has nothing to talk to George anymore, just wait for Danny to call again, cause they know the best offer comes from Boston.

Guys, let's get ready to ruuuuumbleeeeeeeee!!!

« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2017, 01:32:25 PM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft

Celtics lineup

Horford
PG13
Hayward
AB
IT4

KO/Zizic
Tatum
Brown/Olejeye
Smart
Allen

Seraphin
Niang
Robinson
Demetrius Jackson

More than likely they would need to give up all 4.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #11 on: June 25, 2017, 01:36:50 PM »

Offline iadera

• Jayson Tatum
  • CroCeltics

Celtics lineup

Horford
PG13
Hayward
AB
IT4

KO/Zizic
Tatum
Brown/Olejeye
Smart
Allen

Seraphin
Niang
Robinson
Demetrius Jackson

You mean 4 of 5?

« Reply #12 on: June 25, 2017, 01:36:57 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce

Celtics lineup

Horford
PG13
Hayward
AB
IT4

KO/Zizic
Tatum
Brown/Olejeye
Smart
Allen

Seraphin
Niang
Robinson
Demetrius Jackson

Maybe Hayward can take a discount

You know not only did the big three , learn to share the ball...but they took a little discount/re did their contracts , so that they can stay together

Maybe Horford can do the same.  Hayward can accept less etc.

« Reply #13 on: June 25, 2017, 01:52:11 PM »

Offline droopdog7

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 466

Celtics lineup

Horford
PG13
Hayward
AB
IT4

KO/Zizic
Tatum
Brown/Olejeye
Smart
Allen

Seraphin
Niang
Robinson
Demetrius Jackson

Maybe Hayward can take a discount

You know not only did the big three , learn to share the ball...but they took a little discount/re did their contracts , so that they can stay together

Maybe Horford can do the same.  Hayward can accept less etc.
Seems like he'd need to accept WAY less.  Don't see it happening.

« Reply #14 on: June 25, 2017, 02:04:25 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
More realistic scenario:

1. Celtics let KO, Zeller, Amir, Jerebko, Young, and Mickey walk clearing cap space
2. Sign Hayward to a max
3. Trade Bradley, Crowder, 2018 LA pick, for George
4. Use room exception and get min contracts to fill in the frontcourt with PF and C types.