Author Topic: Josh Jackson is a full on liar!  (Read 6556 times)

Re: Josh Jackson is a full on liar!
« Reply #30 on: June 25, 2017, 01:58:15 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
Its funny how people say it's the agents fault

This guy has multiple red flags. The incident with the girl and breaking car lights, now this. Yet there's always an excuse ready from the Jackson supporters about how's he just a normal guy.

I'm not a Jackson supporter. I preferred Tatum.

I'm saying the kid is 20 years old and all these business decisions are controlled by his entourage and his agent/management.

What's funny is how many people think Jackson personally cancelled a workout with the team picking #3 like it was his choice- when they have zero clue.

The reality is, that the mostly likely reason he cancelled this workout was because someone in his management team cancelled it.

Hmmmm wrong...Jackson is the principal the agents work for him. He is ultimately responsible for actions taken on his behalf.

« Reply #31 on: June 25, 2017, 02:28:46 PM »

Offline incoherent

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 278
  • 7 + 11 = 18
Def not a fan of his. Don't understand why he let his agent control him so much.

He gave up more money on a contender in a great city for the best franchise for what, more playing time?

Ok, have fun.

The fact that Ainge could have still drafted him and moved him for a lower pick and pick up something, anything extra, means he was either really fed up with Jackson/Armstrong or he simply really loved Tatum.

Well it's completely understandable from his agent's POV.
Less money on his rookie deal but playing for the Suns means more court time and more developmental time on a team that isn't already loaded with wing talent. He comes right in and gets at least 20 mins a game if not more.

Long term he (and his agent) will probably get a larger UFA contract if he plays for Suns instead of Celtics. They are just playing the odds.

I would think if they were really playing the odds, then they would have rolled the dice with Brad Stevens and not ...Earl Watson?

Good choice if you are looking for development.

« Reply #32 on: June 25, 2017, 02:31:59 PM »

Offline Diggles

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 46
With his scheduling conflicts story... That's not a good way to start out in the NBA with lies coming out of your mouth on draft night. I am glad the Celtics draft high character guys for a playoff team...

I'm sure Danny had told a couple too.   He didn't want to play for Boston and wanted to slip to the Suns.   To bad he lost out on money for "lying" as you call it. 
Diggles

« Reply #33 on: June 25, 2017, 04:46:09 PM »

Offline RAAAAAAAANDY

• NCE
  • Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 57
Def not a fan of his. Don't understand why he let his agent control him so much.

He gave up more money on a contender in a great city for the best franchise for what, more playing time?

Ok, have fun.

The fact that Ainge could have still drafted him and moved him for a lower pick and pick up something, anything extra, means he was either really fed up with Jackson/Armstrong or he simply really loved Tatum.

Less money on his rookie deal but playing for the Suns means more court time and more developmental time on a team that isn't already loaded with wing talent. He comes right in and gets at least 20 mins a game if not more.

Long term he (and his agent) will probably get a larger UFA contract if he plays for Suns instead of Celtics. They are just playing the odds.

Well look at Evan Turner.  Gets drafted by a bad team, gets lots of playing time and does not develop.  Then moves to Celtics, resurrects his career and then gets a bid contract as an UFA.   

So not sure Jackson is really on the path to success.

I am glad we picked Tatum.  In fact I think the Celtics pick Tatum even if Jackson works out for Celtics.  Celtics were just doing their due diligence.

Evan Turner was an objectively bad basketball player in Boston. He got that offer because Portland lost their mind. It's not like he developed his weaknesses in Boston, he still can't shoot or finish to save his life.

I think you meant subjectively. I don't think there's consensus that ET was a bad player in Boston.

There is amongst people who know what they are talking about. He was s mediocre defender, and an inefficient volume scorer... he was not good.

« Reply #34 on: June 25, 2017, 04:52:43 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842

Ok, have fun.

Well look at Evan Turner.  Gets drafted by a bad team, gets lots of playing time and does not develop.  Then moves to Celtics, resurrects his career and then gets a bid contract as an UFA.   

I am glad we picked Tatum.  In fact I think the Celtics pick Tatum even if Jackson works out for Celtics.  Celtics were just doing their due diligence.

Evan Turner was an objectively bad basketball player in Boston. He got that offer because Portland lost their mind. It's not like he developed his weaknesses in Boston, he still can't shoot or finish to save his life.

I think you meant subjectively. I don't think there's consensus that ET was a bad player in Boston.

There is amongst people who know what they are talking about. He was s mediocre defender, and an inefficient volume scorer... he was not good.
He wasn't a great player, but turner wasn't bad in Boston. theres an area between good and bad and that's where Turner lies. He's like the most average NBA player.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #35 on: June 25, 2017, 05:43:54 PM »

Offline IDreamCeltics

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 140
I think the biggest red flag on Jackson (and there are several) is that he didn't want to go to a team where he had to compete for minutes. 

Really bruh? You want to be known as this ultra-competitor, alpha-dog, but you're 100% willing to sacrifice your draft position and money so that you don't risk having to outplay your teammates in practice for your playing time?   

Sounds like he's all done working hard to me. 

« Reply #36 on: June 25, 2017, 09:12:56 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3148

Ok, have fun.

I would think if they were really playing the odds, then they would have rolled the dice with Brad Stevens and not ...Earl Watson?

Good choice if you are looking for development.

Bingo!

« Reply #37 on: June 25, 2017, 09:38:31 PM »

Offline RockinRyA

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 699

Ok, have fun.

Lol and you know what you are talking about?

There were a lot of analytics and numbers that showed ET was more than a mediocre defender for the Cs. In fact, a lot of the regression in defense by the Celtics are in some ways attributed to losing Turner. I know you still see Turner as he was with your team, so the bias is there, but come on.

« Reply #38 on: June 25, 2017, 09:46:00 PM »

Offline ManUp

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 285
  • Rondo doesn't believe in easy buckets...

« Reply #39 on: June 25, 2017, 10:33:40 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith

« Reply #40 on: June 26, 2017, 09:57:30 AM »

Offline spikelovetheCelts

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 113
  • Peace it's a board. We all will never agree.
Tatum will prove himself to be the better pick both in talent(will work harder too) and in character. I saw him play and I was impressed. He was the best player on talented team.
"People look at players, watch them dribble between their legs and they say, 'There's a superstar.'  Well John Havlicek is a superstar, and most of the others are figments of writers' imagination."
--Jerry West, on John Havlicek

« Reply #41 on: June 26, 2017, 12:55:49 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
Tatum will prove himself to be the better pick both in talent(will work harder too) and in character. I saw him play and I was impressed. He was the best player on talented team.

Tatum is already a better person...