Author Topic: Josh Jackson is a full on liar!  (Read 6616 times)

Re: Josh Jackson is a full on liar!
« Reply #15 on: June 25, 2017, 07:07:12 AM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 976
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
Def not a fan of his. Don't understand why he let his agent control him so much.

He gave up more money on a contender in a great city for the best franchise for what, more playing time?

Ok, have fun.

The fact that Ainge could have still drafted him and moved him for a lower pick and pick up something, anything extra, means he was either really fed up with Jackson/Armstrong or he simply really loved Tatum.

Well it's completely understandable from his agent's POV.
Less money on his rookie deal but playing for the Suns means more court time and more developmental time on a team that isn't already loaded with wing talent. He comes right in and gets at least 20 mins a game if not more.

Long term he (and his agent) will probably get a larger UFA contract if he plays for Suns instead of Celtics. They are just playing the odds.

Well look at Evan Turner.  Gets drafted by a bad team, gets lots of playing time and does not develop.  Then moves to Celtics, resurrects his career and then gets a bid contract as an UFA.   

So not sure Jackson is really on the path to success.

I am glad we picked Tatum.  In fact I think the Celtics pick Tatum even if Jackson works out for Celtics.  Celtics were just doing their due diligence.

Evan Turner was an objectively bad basketball player in Boston. He got that offer because Portland lost their mind. It's not like he developed his weaknesses in Boston, he still can't shoot or finish to save his life.

He couldnt shoot, but he finished pretty well.
I think we all know that Turner was looking to score.  He wanted to get his.  He wanted to resurrect his career while he was here.  The only way to do that, he thought, was to put up stats.  Did he help the team?  Sure, he was good off the bench but I believe his primary motivation was stats.  It paid off, and goofy Portland signed him.

I believe this is Jackson's motivation too.  He perceived he would not get enough PT in Boston to put up stats, scoring stats specifically.

This whole discussion about whether it was him or his agent is kind of moot.  He hired his agent so he is the customer and is responsible.

« Reply #16 on: June 25, 2017, 07:23:45 AM »

Offline BlackCeltic

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 64
Who cares if he is a liar? We drafted Tatum. Cut the cord with Josh Jackson already.

« Reply #17 on: June 25, 2017, 07:35:16 AM »

Online Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 414
glad we pick Tatum over Jackson..i really think Tatum will have a better career
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #18 on: June 25, 2017, 07:54:57 AM »

Offline biggs

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 71
With his scheduling conflicts story... That's not a good way to start out in the NBA with lies coming out of your mouth on draft night. I am glad the Celtics draft high character guys for a playoff team...

Feeling a little butt hurt that he manipulated his way to Phoenix?  Now that we know that Danny found out mid-flight that Jackson wouldn't work out for us, and now the McDonough story, it's pretty clear that we were forced to take Tatum, and that the "he was our guy all along" stuff is BS.

Trying to throw a band aid on this and saying " I'm glad we didn't take the player with more upside because he lies"...typical Celtics fan hubris. Danny lost this draft hard.

The truth is Danny is losing his touch, and fans just can't accept the concept of him being out played by other GM's.

Even if he signs Hayward and trades for George, this draft pick doesn't make sense. Fultz would have been a better fit with two wings coming in. But, apparently Danny is smarter than every Draft expert, every scout in the league, and every other GM, including Phoenix.

Really hoping I'm wrong, but it feels like we spent the #1 pick on Markeif Morris with a good attitude.

Just doesn't make sense to take an enormous risk by trading the pick, and then taking the safe player with the pick. Seems like Danny got greedy and had to take Tatum after Jackson wiggled his way out of our hands
Truuuuuuuuuth!

« Reply #19 on: June 25, 2017, 08:02:20 AM »

Offline BlackCeltic

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 64
With his scheduling conflicts story... That's not a good way to start out in the NBA with lies coming out of your mouth on draft night. I am glad the Celtics draft high character guys for a playoff team...

Feeling a little butt hurt that he manipulated his way to Phoenix?  Now that we know that Danny found out mid-flight that Jackson wouldn't work out for us, and now the McDonough story, it's pretty clear that we were forced to take Tatum, and that the "he was our guy all along" stuff is BS.

Trying to throw a band aid on this and saying " I'm glad we didn't take the player with more upside because he lies"...typical Celtics fan hubris. Danny lost this draft hard.

The truth is Danny is losing his touch, and fans just can't accept the concept of him being out played by other GM's.

Even if he signs Hayward and trades for George, this draft pick doesn't make sense. Fultz would have been a better fit with two wings coming in. But, apparently Danny is smarter than every Draft expert, every scout in the league, and every other GM, including Phoenix.

Really hoping I'm wrong, but it feels like we spent the #1 pick on Markeif Morris with a good attitude.

Just doesn't make sense to take an enormous risk by trading the pick, and then taking the safe player with the pick. Seems like Danny got greedy and had to take Tatum after Jackson wiggled his way out of our hands

Noone was forced to do anything. These kids have been scouted for over 5 years. Boston drafted Tatum because that's the person they wanted at #3. People that wanted Josh Jackson on the Celtics are the only ones complaining at this point. I wanted Fultz all season long but Tatum might end up being the better choice for us after all. Forget Jackson.

« Reply #20 on: June 25, 2017, 08:05:50 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
McDonough is the real villain here who told him to skip the workouts.   Were I Ainge I would bill him for the jet fuel from the cancelled trip.  He would not pay it but it would be a symbolic gesture.

« Reply #21 on: June 25, 2017, 08:18:03 AM »

Online knuckleballer

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 664
McDonough is the real villain here who told him to skip the workouts.   Were I Ainge I would bill him for the jet fuel from the cancelled trip.  He would not pay it but it would be a symbolic gesture.

McDonough worked for Ainge for ten years.  There's no doubt Ainge was instrumental in his career and likely helped get him the job as the Suns GM.  Ainge must be p---ed.

« Reply #22 on: June 25, 2017, 09:03:11 AM »

Offline RockinRyA

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 699

Actually no. Just because you wouldnt want to make sure about your choice when drafting doesnt mean Ainge is the same. Not everyone makes irresponsible decisions.

« Reply #23 on: June 25, 2017, 09:44:09 AM »

Offline green_bballers13

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 320
Def not a fan of his. Don't understand why he let his agent control him so much.

He gave up more money on a contender in a great city for the best franchise for what, more playing time?

Ok, have fun.

The fact that Ainge could have still drafted him and moved him for a lower pick and pick up something, anything extra, means he was either really fed up with Jackson/Armstrong or he simply really loved Tatum.

Less money on his rookie deal but playing for the Suns means more court time and more developmental time on a team that isn't already loaded with wing talent. He comes right in and gets at least 20 mins a game if not more.

Long term he (and his agent) will probably get a larger UFA contract if he plays for Suns instead of Celtics. They are just playing the odds.

Well look at Evan Turner.  Gets drafted by a bad team, gets lots of playing time and does not develop.  Then moves to Celtics, resurrects his career and then gets a bid contract as an UFA.   

So not sure Jackson is really on the path to success.

I am glad we picked Tatum.  In fact I think the Celtics pick Tatum even if Jackson works out for Celtics.  Celtics were just doing their due diligence.

Evan Turner was an objectively bad basketball player in Boston. He got that offer because Portland lost their mind. It's not like he developed his weaknesses in Boston, he still can't shoot or finish to save his life.

I think you meant subjectively. I don't think there's consensus that ET was a bad player in Boston.

« Reply #24 on: June 25, 2017, 09:56:52 AM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544
Who cares about Josh Jackson, he's not on the team and that's fine with me.

He did what he felt he needed to do.  Time will tell if he made the right decision or not.  And there's no way to really ever know whether or not it mattered.  Ainge may have had Tatum higher than Jackson anyways.  I certainly felt Tatum was the better choice.

« Reply #25 on: June 25, 2017, 09:57:33 AM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2703
Anyone who is not familiar with BJ Armstrong's history as an agent, here's an article describing his antics advising Moteijunas, which ended up screwing Demo out of millions of dollars

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2680335-the-strange-curious-case-of-donatas-motiejunas-and-the-houston-rockets

This included advising him to skip a physical after the Rockets matched an offer sheet Demo signed with the Nets. This lead to the Rockets canceling the offer sheet, Demo not being allowed to sign again with the Nets per NBA rules, and ending up in limbo, eventually accepting a vet min deal to sit on the bench for the Pelicans.

« Reply #26 on: June 25, 2017, 10:00:32 AM »

Offline timpiker

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 112
If a guy wants to play for a lesser team because of more playing time that means winning is not #1 to him.  I don't want any player on my team who doesn't have winning as #1 priority.

« Reply #27 on: June 25, 2017, 10:10:44 AM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544
Anyone who is not familiar with BJ Armstrong's history as an agent, here's an article describing his antics advising Moteijunas, which ended up screwing Demo out of millions of dollars

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2680335-the-strange-curious-case-of-donatas-motiejunas-and-the-houston-rockets

This included advising him to skip a physical after the Rockets matched an offer sheet Demo signed with the Nets. This lead to the Rockets canceling the offer sheet, Demo not being allowed to sign again with the Nets per NBA rules, and ending up in limbo, eventually accepting a vet min deal to sit on the bench for the Pelicans.

Yeah, that was pretty well publicized at the time.  I don't understand why anyone would want to hire him as an agent.  He sucks at his job, plain and simple.

« Reply #28 on: June 25, 2017, 12:56:22 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3176
Who cares if he is a liar? We drafted Tatum. Cut the cord with Josh Jackson already.

Liars can't be trusted. Jackson also wasted the time of our whole front office for 24 hours during the busiest time of the year. They never even had to set up a work out. It's was done just to mess with Danny. Stupid. Then he gets on national TV and the 1st thing out of Jackson's mouth is a lie. I think that shows you his complete lack of character. I really liked Jackson in this draft but I'm glad he's going to Phoenix. I think it's 120 degrees in the shade there right now...

https://weather.com/weather/monthly/l/Phoenix+AZ+USAZ0166:1:US
« Last Edit: June 25, 2017, 01:08:43 PM by liam »

« Reply #29 on: June 25, 2017, 01:54:55 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871

Ok, have fun.

I thought an agent was supposed to get their players the most money.

He's a rookie. He, more than any of the top 4, has to improve the most. The Celtics could have brought him along slower while he worked on his game. Suns can't hide his flaws. More PT doesn't always equate to a larger contract down the road.

All we know for certain is his agent purposely dropped his contract value for the next 4+ years. Draftees shouldn't in a position to call the shots where they play. This sets a bad precedent. Maybe all these workouts should be open to any and all teams. No private workouts so you go hard for a team you want and dog it for a team you don't. Each player can set a day and teams can come if they want.

This is the solution....open workouts. No private workouts. Private interviews but no private workouts for draftees. They are not free agents.