Author Topic: Danny Ainge not looking to trade Jayson Tatum or Jaylen Brown  (Read 2511 times)

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
http://www.weei.com/blogs/ty-anderson/danny-ainge-dh-keefe-not-looking-trade-jayson-tatum-or-jaylen-brown

Im cool with this. But it does limit the ability to trade for a player like Porzingis.

Celtics could still probably still trade for PG13 without giving up Tatum or Brown.

Re: Danny Ainge not looking to trade Jayson Tatum or Jaylen Brown
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2017, 10:50:34 PM »

Offline Bobshot

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 141
http://www.weei.com/blogs/ty-anderson/danny-ainge-dh-keefe-not-looking-trade-jayson-tatum-or-jaylen-brown

Im cool with this. But it does limit the ability to trade for a player like Porzingis.

Celtics could still probably still trade for PG13 without giving up Tatum or Brown.

This fits with the picture I have of Bradley and Crowder being dealt for George. With Tatum or Brown, another salary would be needed if they want to get both George and Hayward. They would be keeping Smart and Rozier.

« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2017, 11:03:31 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce

This fits with the picture I have of Bradley and Crowder being dealt for George. With Tatum or Brown, another salary would be needed if they want to get both George and Hayward. They would be keeping Smart and Rozier.

The issue is...not sure if ab or crowder will satisfy the pacers

May need to overpay via non lotto 1sts

« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2017, 11:19:57 PM »

Offline mr. dee

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 597

Im willing to give them non-lotto picks. But I'd force them to choose between Crowder and AB. Add some 2nd round sprinklers and see if they will budge.

« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2017, 11:38:28 PM »

Offline Chief

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2450

Or he could walk, next summer, and they get nothing.
Once you are labeled 'the best' you want to stay up there, and you can't do it by loafing around.

Larry Bird

« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2017, 11:57:17 PM »

Offline OldSchoolDude

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 79

Im willing to give them non-lotto picks. But I'd force them to choose between Crowder and AB. Add some 2nd round sprinklers and see if they will budge.

If George is signing a 3 year extension I'll give up Smart, Bradley, and Crowder, plus picks but not the BKN or LAL/SAC pick.  ok I'll give the LAL/SAC pick if I had to.

7/1/2018 Smart RFA = $$
7/1/2018 Bradley UFA = $$
No Smart + No Bradley = big minutes for Brown at SG
Hayward + Tatum + Ojeleye = no room for Crowder at SF
George + new German dude + Yabuselle  = no more 6'6 small ball PF, i.e. no room for Crowder at PF

« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2017, 11:59:26 PM »

Offline makaveli

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 320
  • The Truth

how does one overpay with non lotto 1st's?
i would give 5 next non lotto firsts for PG at his prime.
what doesn't kill you makes you stronger

« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2017, 12:10:36 AM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
 they're the future of this team. They can develop while we obtain free agents and contend

« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2017, 12:40:38 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce

how does one overpay with non lotto 1st's?
i would give 5 next non lotto firsts for PG at his prime.

you heard what the Lakers were offering for PG13...the 27 and 28 th picks... 

No other team has the "extra" assets ... or even non lotto 1sts other than their owns ...to trade for PG13.    Especially knowing that he wants to sign with the Lakers next season

76ers still have a healthy amount of future assets...but there is no point of them to trade for PG13

Celtics can trounce the Lakers (and not overpay) to obtain PG13.....  but will picks loving Danny  do that/and or PAcers accept a deal that includes no Brown/Tatum or future lotto 1sts

« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2017, 12:52:43 AM »

Offline GRADYCOLNON

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 26
the top assets should not be traded for George.  He hasn't guaranteed he would sign anywhere besides LA, so the price is minimal at best.

The only chance the Pacers have to get a good haul is to keep bidding up the price until a team makes a desperate offer.  The Celtics don't need to make that desperate offer because the team is already good without him. 

I think the Celtics can offer one of the best packages out of the few rumored teams.  It likely is because of Jae Crowder.  George would obviously start at the three.  With Jaylen and Jayson on the bench, there isn't a need for Crowder to remain on the team besides strong bench minutes.  At that point though, he may become disgruntled, so at best he should be the centerpiece in that trade.

Surrounding Crowder, the Celtics should offer one future mid-first pick, likely the Clippers, a young prospect like Mickey, and Tyler or an expiring contract to make the money work.

Overall, it is arguably too risky to trade so much for only one season.  If Ainge decides to make the move, I do think we have a good chance at convincing George to stay and compete for a title by getting him to sign a shorter max deal, so if he does want to leave after a couple more seasons he can.