Poll

Would you make this trade

Yes
9 (21.4%)
No
33 (78.6%)

Total Members Voted: 42

Author Topic: Poll: would you have traded #3 Bradley and Zeller for Butler  (Read 1583 times)

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136

I have heard that the Bulls have just wanted number three for Jimmy Butler so if there's a way to get Butler without giving up Bradley please let me know point being would you have basically traded number three for Jimmy Butler.

Re: Poll: would you have traded #3 Bradley and Zeller for Butler
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2017, 07:36:14 PM »

Offline Rosco917

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 559

Because we're getting Gordon Hayward, it's a sure thing.  8)

« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2017, 07:49:02 PM »

Offline keevsnick

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 550
Not if I can get Heyward for nothing but cap space, or Paul George (who fits out team better and is arguably a better player) for less. And if I can't get either of those guys then why bother adding Butler who alone wouldn't make us competitive with Cleveland.

« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2017, 07:52:38 PM »

Offline YoungOne87

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 65
In a Heartbeat, top 15 players dont come available often...

« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2017, 01:03:59 AM »

Offline chiken Green

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 75
No.

1. Doesnt get us past GSW - shortens our window.
2. Isn't he eligible for 200M in 2 years?
3. Believe strongly in Jalen Brown - want him to get the minutes.

« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2017, 01:07:26 AM »

Offline playdream

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 88
Never a leader, didn't make others better, big ego and big mouth=NO

« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2017, 01:28:16 AM »

Offline Bucketgetter

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 11
I guess you’re watching the wrong Jimmy Butler. Being a team player and leader is one of his best attributes. Never in trouble with the law. A super hard worker. A great playmaker from the wing and team defender. Jimmy Butler’s attitude was not the reason we didn’t trade for him.
CB Mock Deadline - Minnesota Timberwolves
Kemba Walker / Tyus Jones / Aaron Brooks
Jimmy Butler / Jamal Crawford / Treveon Graham
Rodney Hood / Nic Batum / Marcus Georges Hunt
Taj Gibson / Nemanja Bjelica / Jonas Jerebko
KAT / Derrick Favors / Cole Aldrich
Picks - 2018 CHA 1st (Lotto protected), none out

« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2017, 01:35:46 AM »

Offline ETNCeltics

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 307
I guess you’re watching the wrong Jimmy Butler. Being a team player and leader is one of his best attributes. Never in trouble with the law. A super hard worker. A great playmaker from the wing and team defender. Jimmy Butler’s attitude was not the reason we didn’t trade for him.

My vets would never go to the media. They would come to the team. My vets didn't pick and choose when they wanted to bring it. They brought it every time they stepped in the gym whether it was practice or a game. They didn't take days off. My vets didn't care about their numbers. My vets played for the team. When we lost, they wouldn't blame us. They took responsibility and got in the gym. They showed the young guys what it meant to work. Even in Boston when we had the best record in the league, if we lost a game, you could hear a pin drop on the bus. They showed us the seriousness of the game. My vets didn't have an influence on the coaching staff. They couldn't change the plan because it didn't work for them. I played under one of the greatest coaches, and he held everyone accountable. It takes 1-15 to win. When you isolate everyone, you can't win consistently. I may be a lot of things, but I'm not a bad teammate. My goal is to pass what I learned along. The young guys work. They show up. They don't deserve blame. If anything is questionable, it's the leadership. - Rajon Rondo

« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2017, 01:51:17 AM »

Offline Bucketgetter

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 11

My vets would never go to the media. They would come to the team. My vets didn't pick and choose when they wanted to bring it. They brought it every time they stepped in the gym whether it was practice or a game. They didn't take days off. My vets didn't care about their numbers. My vets played for the team. When we lost, they wouldn't blame us. They took responsibility and got in the gym. They showed the young guys what it meant to work. Even in Boston when we had the best record in the league, if we lost a game, you could hear a pin drop on the bus. They showed us the seriousness of the game. My vets didn't have an influence on the coaching staff. They couldn't change the plan because it didn't work for them. I played under one of the greatest coaches, and he held everyone accountable. It takes 1-15 to win. When you isolate everyone, you can't win consistently. I may be a lot of things, but I'm not a bad teammate. My goal is to pass what I learned along. The young guys work. They show up. They don't deserve blame. If anything is questionable, it's the leadership. - Rajon Rondo
Yeah, let’s judge a person’s character by what Rajon Rondo thinks about them  ::) He’s such a good role model himself!
CB Mock Deadline - Minnesota Timberwolves
Kemba Walker / Tyus Jones / Aaron Brooks
Jimmy Butler / Jamal Crawford / Treveon Graham
Rodney Hood / Nic Batum / Marcus Georges Hunt
Taj Gibson / Nemanja Bjelica / Jonas Jerebko
KAT / Derrick Favors / Cole Aldrich
Picks - 2018 CHA 1st (Lotto protected), none out

« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2017, 01:52:27 AM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1762
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
Tp ETN - I love that quote and it is why I am still a huge Rajon fan. Anybody who is not is just suffering from cognitive dissonance (or was never a real fan of the incredible product we put on the floor for 5 years).

That being said, I like the Tatum pick and have high hopes for him, but I would have dealt the #3 straight up for Butler and then used AB and Crowder in a trade for a big with at least two years left on his rookie contract (including this year's class) so that that we would also have the room to sign Hayward.

Hopefully we can acquire George without giving up the LAL/Sac or BKN pick, but having one less year than Butler is pretty killer when it comes to our future salary.

« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2017, 02:05:38 AM »

Offline chambers

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 943
  • Boston Celtics= Championships, nothing less.
Yes certainly. Arguably a top 10 player. Was top 10 scorer and is arguably top 10 defender. Can guard lebron and Durant.

But the Celtics front office already denied that all they wanted was #3 pick.
"We are lucky we have a very patient GM that isn't willing to settle for being good and coming close. He wants to win a championship and we have the potential to get there still with our roster and assets."

quoting 'Greg B' on RealGM after 2017 trade deadline.
Read that last line again. One more time.

« Reply #11 on: June 25, 2017, 02:35:31 AM »

Offline RAAAAAAAANDY

• NCE
  • Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 57
As much as I love to joke about the semi annual Danny Ainge "guys we definitely almost made a deal" rumors... I think Butler is a bad fit. He is very ball dominant and would clash w/ Thomas. I'd go for Hayward and George (or both obviously) over him no doubt.