Author Topic: What does celtics legal team say about tampering  (Read 3094 times)

What does celtics legal team say about tampering
« on: June 24, 2017, 02:37:15 PM »

Offline rollie mass

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1233
Watching the Suns GM draw that kid into a conspiracy, what sort of message does that send
There is rampant tanking,referee favoritism and college recruiting and one and done
-This kid circumvented the draft system.What will he do next
I think Silver should fine them a draft position and expenses that would wipe the smile off their faces  A considerable amount of time and money was squandered
If they can tamper in this respect, then flaunt it
,Whats next teach the kid how to throw a game. He sure can't throw a baseball.
Silver do your job!!!!
They are mocking the fans of basketball,celtics management
SILVER DO YOUR JOB
« Last Edit: June 24, 2017, 02:42:45 PM by rollie mass »

Re: What does celtics legal team say about tampering
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2017, 02:40:07 PM »

Offline BitterJim

• NGT
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1212
This wasn't tampering. A team has every right to bar a player from working out with other teams in exchange for a draft promise. It was a bit of a **** move (more so in the how than the what), but it's not against the rules
I'm bitter.

« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2017, 02:52:13 PM »

Offline rollie mass

• Antoine Walker
This wasn't tampering. A team has every right to bar a player from working out with other teams in exchange for a draft promise. It was a bit of a **** move (more so in the how than the what), but it's not against the rules
So, thats why Jacksons agent wanted a commitment at three to try out.
Cool he didn't want to play but get three execs half way across the country and cancel bad taste
thanks

« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2017, 02:57:05 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
Why would the legal team get involved? League policy isn't law lol

« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2017, 03:15:07 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3148
I guess Jackson never wants to make the playoffs.

« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2017, 03:19:09 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
BJ Armstrong just burned any bridges to The Celtics, not smart for a sports agent!

« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2017, 03:52:53 PM »

Offline rollie mass

• Antoine Walker
Why would the legal team get involved? League policy isn't law lol

That was a question that got answered but celts should put some heat on Silver-Marcus got fined 25,00 for a gesture to the crowd.Well that GM just mocked us big time

« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2017, 04:17:34 PM »

Offline Bobshot

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 141
Silver should have something to say about this, if it really happened. It weakens his draft.

« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2017, 04:29:33 PM »

Offline droopdog7

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 466
Explain to me why a guy would take a draft promise at four when he just might have gone #3?  Especially when #4 might have been the lowest he would go before this whole process started.

« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2017, 04:42:05 PM »

Offline Sophomore

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 823
Explain to me why a guy would take a draft promise at four when he just might have gone #3?  Especially when #4 might have been the lowest he would go before this whole process started.

One possibility: if he goes to Phoenix, it's going to be a lot easier for him to get minutes.

« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2017, 04:52:05 PM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136

Like I said before this is all about a possible Grudge between BJ Armstrong and the Celtics and more importantly about making a lot more money on Jackson second contract due to increased playing time

« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2017, 05:32:59 PM »

Offline jambr380

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1755
  • Everybody knows what's best for you

The draft promise argument doesn't really hold any weight in this argument. But I am sure you know why Jackson would rather go to PHX than BOS.

I am not sure there is anything Silver can do, but Danny and co. sure as heck don't need to deal with Armstrong ever again. Bad move when the Cs are likely to be at least semi-contenders for years to come.

« Reply #12 on: June 24, 2017, 05:39:39 PM »

Offline libermaniac

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 373

Like I said before this is all about a possible Grudge between BJ Armstrong and the Celtics and more importantly about making a lot more money on Jackson second contract due to increased playing time

The second contract is 4 YEARS AWAY!  I don't get it.  Any good player can prove themselves in 4 years.  And, would've got more national exposure going to the ECF or further every year, then playing in obscurity.  How much is he sacrificing in endorsement deals by going to Phoenix?  Plus, he gave up $2.5 MM on his rookie contract.  I don't get this move AT ALL.

« Reply #13 on: June 24, 2017, 05:51:23 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith

The second contract is 4 YEARS AWAY!  I don't get it.  Any good player can prove themselves in 4 years.  And, would've got more national exposure going to the ECF or further every year, then playing in obscurity.  How much is he sacrificing in endorsement deals by going to Phoenix?  Plus, he gave up $2.5 MM on his rookie contract.  I don't get this move AT ALL.

Don't you make more money playing in the playoffs?

« Reply #14 on: June 24, 2017, 06:38:20 PM »

Offline TheTruthFot18

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 263
  • Truth Juice
I guess Jackson never wants to make the playoffs.

The burning in Phoenix starts early
The Nets will finish with the worst record and the Celtics will end up with the 4th pick.

- Me (sometime in January)

--------------------------------------------------------

Guess I was wrong (May 23rd)