Author Topic: Semi Ojeleye = Dreymond Green 2.0  (Read 3178 times)

Semi Ojeleye = Dreymond Green 2.0
« on: June 24, 2017, 06:36:06 AM »

Offline PaulP34

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 39
https://youtu.be/_p_MXyYJu0I

Ojeleye is a versatile offensive player who led the Mustangs with 19 points per game in his lone season there, and shot 42.4 percent at the 3 point range. At 6 foot 7, 241 pounds, Ojeleye has some versatility, position-wise, and can play as a stretch 4.

Its hard not to be excited about the kid, has a great work ethic, very high character, and he can shoot who also gives us more depth with a 241 pound body that can make 3's.

Picked at 37 in the 2nd round he is a possible sleeper and almost a mirror image of Dreymond Green. Hopefully without the attitude.

Re: Semi Ojeleye = Dreymond Green 2.0
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2017, 07:31:44 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
I think he will be better than Yabusele

« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2017, 07:51:02 AM »

Offline Fred Roberts

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 102
Wanted some rebounding in round 2. He brings a lot but we still need an interior presence.

Dubs just nabbed my guy Jordan bell.  Also wanted Bradley from Indiana. When do we address our biggest gaping hole?

We've got swings and guards for days. Danny better not neglect the interior again. Killing us.

« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2017, 07:55:04 AM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 972
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
Very excited about Semi.  Why did he drop so far, just because he is "old"?  I never followed that argument.

« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2017, 08:10:26 AM »

Offline osterhagen

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 5
Very excited about Semi.  Why did he drop so far, just because he is "old"?  I never followed that argument.

It was reported somewhere he dropped because of his defense. So he has some learning to do to reach Green's level. Offensively he looks great-

« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2017, 08:25:37 AM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 560
  • STAND FIRM, SAY NO TO VIBE MEN
Wanted some rebounding in round 2. He brings a lot but we still need an interior presence.

Dubs just nabbed my guy Jordan bell.  Also wanted Bradley from Indiana. When do we address our biggest gaping hole?

We've got swings and guards for days. Danny better not neglect the interior again. Killing us.
Well we are getting 2 backup centers in Pleis (euro signed from Bundesliga) and Zizic, if we sign Blake a Blake Horford frontcourt with those 2 will be fine on the boards.
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2017, 08:56:47 AM »

Online Alleyoopster

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 150

It was reported somewhere he dropped because of his defense. So he has some learning to do to reach Green's level. Offensively he looks great-

His height may be a big factor why his defense suffers. He might have trouble defending taller, good shooting 4's. And, possibly smaller quicker 3's.

The good news is that he's Sully-like in that he can move bodies out of the way and get great position. That's one thing that neither Jordan or Yabusele generally do. I'm wondering if he may be asked to occasionally play the 5? Although, as strong as he is, he doesn't have Sully's bulk. Thus, that may be a challenge too.

« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2017, 09:26:40 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
The good news is that he's Sully-like in that he can move bodies out of the way and get great position

This is false, Sully was never the athlete this guy is.   He has a 40" vertical, Sully's was the high 20s.   This guy is brimming with fast twitch, Sully was a slow twitch guy.  He may be able to push guys around but let's not insult him by comparing him to Sullinger, there is no call for that.

In fact, any athlete who comes into camp in shape and conditioned would be insulted by that comparison.  Don't confuse strength with bulk as there is a big difference.

« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2017, 09:32:13 AM »

Offline loco_91

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 145
I'll just leave some stats here.

College career AST/40
Draymond: 5.3
Ojeleye:1.7

Blocks/40
Draymond: 1.5
Ojeleye: 0.5

Steals/40
Draymond: 2.3
Ojeleye 0.7

Rebounds/40
Draymond: 13.7
Ojeleye: 8.0

« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2017, 09:40:02 AM »

Offline JBcat

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 512
Draymond Green has very long arms, and his wingspan and standing reach are a few inches more than Semi.  I'm sure that's a huge help on the NBA level. So we have to be careful of the comparison.  Yabu on the other hand seems to have a close comparison for those measurements.  Yabu doesn't seem like the leaper Green is though, but Semi is the best leaper of the 3.

As far as style of play all I know is youtube clips for Semi and Yabu.  Lol both seem very physical though.

« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2017, 10:02:30 AM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294

College career AST/40

Blocks/40

Steals/40
Ojeleye 0.7

Rebounds/40
Looks like virtually the same player :P
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2017, 10:05:48 AM »

Offline nostar

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 74

College career AST/40

Blocks/40

Steals/40
Ojeleye 0.7

Rebounds/40

Completely agree, Green is not a good comp for Ojeleye. I assume every fan forum whose team takes (what used to be called) a tweener in the 2nd round has to have the obligatory "DID WE GET THE NEXT DRAYMOND" thread.

I'm really happy with the pick. I think Ojeleye will be better than Justin Jackson. I just don't think his defense is anything near what Green's was in college and I don't see the mentality that Green has which, in my opinion, is why Green has become the player he has.

« Reply #12 on: June 24, 2017, 10:13:51 AM »

Offline mqtcelticsfan

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 236
The good news is that he's Sully-like in that he can move bodies out of the way and get great position

This is false, Sully was never the athlete this guy is.   He has a 40" vertical, Sully's was the high 20s.   This guy is brimming with fast twitch, Sully was a slow twitch guy.  He may be able to push guys around but let's not insult him by comparing him to Sullinger, there is no call for that.

In fact, any athlete who comes into camp in shape and conditioned would be insulted by that comparison.  Don't confuse strength with bulk as there is a big difference.

I don't think it was meant as an insult. Sully, for all the things he couldn't do, could push people around and get position. If you can combine that with some actual athletic ability you might have a rotation player for us.

« Reply #13 on: June 24, 2017, 10:18:41 AM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 972
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."

College career AST/40

Blocks/40

Steals/40
Ojeleye 0.7

Rebounds/40

Completely agree, Green is not a good comp for Ojeleye. I assume every fan forum whose team takes (what used to be called) a tweener in the 2nd round has to have the obligatory "DID WE GET THE NEXT DRAYMOND" thread.

I'm really happy with the pick. I think Ojeleye will be better than Justin Jackson. I just don't think his defense is anything near what Green's was in college and I don't see the mentality that Green has which, in my opinion, is why Green has become the player he has.
That's a big statement.  Even so, I look forward to that first Celts-Suns game and perhaps they will be paired up.  Semi will move that twig out of the way!