Author Topic: Ainge: C's asset depth has made other teams ask for too much (in trade talks)  (Read 9550 times)

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/246442/Danny-Ainge-Suggests-Celtics-Asset-Depth-Has-Caused-Teams-To-Ask-For-Too-Much

Danny Ainge was asked whether he feels the Boston Celtics are being asked for more in trade discussions than they are of other teams due to the depth of assets the team holds in terms of future picks and affordable role players.

" people around the league know the things we have and I think they are asking for some of our prime real estate."

Also he said this year's #3 and next year's Brooklyn pick werent available in butler trade talks, and there weren't any recent butler trade talks 

Offline iadera

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 74
  • CroCeltics
I'm realy with Ainge in this. Butler isn't worth of these picks. PG13 is something else, more valuable player and we could spend BRK18 for him. If it comes actual again, Ainge will do it.

Offline Casperian

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 545
Danny is a clown who believes his own hype but can't get **** done.

All the "prime real estate" in the world is worth nothing if you squander it like he did with our #1 pick.
In the summer of 2017, I predicted this team would not win a championship for the next 10 years.

3 down, 7 to go.

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
Danny is a clown who believes his own hype.

All the "prime real estate" is worth nothing if you squander it like he did with our #1 pick.
I like fultz too but Tatum is just as good. Nothing was squandered.

Offline Casperian

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 545

All the "prime real estate" is worth nothing if you squander it like he did with our #1 pick.

sure buddy

That's the company line.
In the summer of 2017, I predicted this team would not win a championship for the next 10 years.

3 down, 7 to go.

Offline iadera

• Jayson Tatum
  • CroCeltics
People are angry and some of them even desperate regarding Ainge. Even the media criticizes him, but we'll see what has been done at the end of the summer. I believe the same people will be glorifying him. It's not that I'm satisfied at the moment, but let's be realistic; all that Danny did so far was good, more than good, begining with BRK-robbery and on...so let's see what happens.

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion

sure buddy

That's the company line.
Just because you don't rate Tatum as highly as Fultz doesn't mean that Tatum isn't on his level
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

Offline iadera

• Jayson Tatum
  • CroCeltics

sure buddy

That's the company line.
Just because you don't rate Tatum as highly as Fultz doesn't mean that Tatum isn't on his level

Exactly. People are just frustrated because we didn't make any move. Again.

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion

sure buddy

That's the company line.

I wouldn't be surprised to see some fireworks come July 1st and onwards  ;D
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

Offline TheSundanceKid

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 199

sure buddy

That's the company line.
Fultz was way overrated this draft process. Easy to jump on the bandwagon for choosing him but it was the right decision to pass.
Tatum has long been my favourite in this draft, he has all the tools to be a great player, as well as the mentality

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533
So all these teams would rather get less from other teams just because Boston has more assets but won't give them all up.  It just isn't logical.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

Offline playdream

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 88
Danny is a clown who believes his own hype but can't get **** done.

All the "prime real estate" in the world is worth nothing if you squander it like he did with our #1 pick.
Except this clown already transformed his assets to form a 5 year contender and get us a banner

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323

I am glad we did not take Fultz.   Guy was a loser who only won 8 games in his college career.  That isn't to say that he is not a good player but its easy to put up big numbers when your the only option.

Little known facts.

Markelle Fultz looked inconsistent shooting during his workout with the Philadelphia 76ers

http://www.csnne.com/boston-celtics/boston-celtics-markelle-fultz-struggles-during-court-workout-76ers

“From what I’m told, Fultz didn’t shoot the ball exceptionally well in his workout in Boston,”

Read more at: http://nesn.com/2017/06/markelle-fultz-reportedly-had-bad-shooting-day-in-celtics-workout/

So he blew two workouts folks.   I am glad Ainge did not take him.  I wanted another guy over Tatum but give him a chance.  He is our pick now.   He is a Celtic.

Offline MBunge

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 471
So all these teams would rather get less from other teams just because Boston has more assets but won't give them all up.  It just isn't logical.

Since when are people logical?  No one wants to "lose" a trade, so it becomes easy to convince yourself to take another offer rather than lower your demands to Ainge.

Mike

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 972
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."

sure buddy

That's the company line.

Hopefully they change their tune when we get Ayton, Porter or Bamba next year.  More likely they will be silent.  If the LAL pick conveys, it looks to me like there is a 67% chance of this happening.
http://www.nbadraft.net/2018mock_draft