Author Topic: New Report: Why George would take 3 year extension with C's  (Read 9535 times)

Re: New Report: Why George would take 3 year extension with C's
« Reply #30 on: June 24, 2017, 02:21:25 AM »

Offline PaulP34

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 39
Guys, let the PG13 fantacy go. Let it go...

Not going to happen...

« Reply #31 on: June 24, 2017, 02:42:27 AM »

Offline Yb2

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 4
Why can't both PG and GH take pay cuts to play together? 22M each. It should be doable. They will be forming their own super team in Boston

« Reply #32 on: June 24, 2017, 06:13:43 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533
How exactly is Boston going to sign Hayward and then create 10.2 more million in cap space?
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #33 on: June 24, 2017, 06:23:54 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
How exactly is Boston going to sign Hayward and then create 10.2 more million in cap space?

If we trade for him doesn't he become our guy where we have his Bird rights?

« Reply #34 on: June 24, 2017, 06:27:22 AM »

Offline Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2509
Why can't both PG and GH take pay cuts to play together? 22M each. It should be doable. They will be forming their own super team in Boston

Managing finances on $22 million is not what it used to be.  You need that extra $10M or so to stay ahead of the monthly nut and plan for retirement.

« Reply #35 on: June 24, 2017, 06:42:12 AM »

Offline CoachBS#1

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 31
Can somebody explain to me why the celtics can't get PG in a gign and trade and sign Gordon Hayward at the same time?????

Re: New Report: why George would take 3 year extension with c's
« Reply #36 on: June 24, 2017, 07:07:43 AM »

Offline CoachBS#1

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 31
so confirmed George will sign extension if we can grab Hayward? July 1st cannot come quick enough!

No, we cannot get Hayward and extend George.  There is not enough money.  It's one or the other (or neither.)
Why? I thought is a trade for George this year still cap space to sign Hayward, extension is after this year.

« Reply #37 on: June 24, 2017, 07:26:38 AM »

Offline Darío SpanishFan

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 141

If we trade for him doesn't he become our guy where we have his Bird rights?

TP. I was going to ask the same. Do we not "inherit" George's Bird Rights so that we can extend thim?

Thanks in advance and sorry if the question has already been answered.

« Reply #38 on: June 24, 2017, 07:26:38 AM »

Offline PAOBoston

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 533
Can't Indy just give him a 3 year extension and then trade him to the Cs?

« Reply #39 on: June 24, 2017, 07:44:44 AM »

Offline Smartacus

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 318
Guys, let the PG13 fantacy go. Let it go...

Not going to happen...

A. Paul George will be traded.

B. His proclamation that he will take it to FA scares off 90% of deals.

C, The Lakers lack the assets to trade for him unless they finally put Ingram on the table.

D. A Paul George led Cetics is the undisputed 3rd best team in the league. Great for his legacy and sponships.

We'll stop dreaming when we are no longer the most logical destination.

« Reply #40 on: June 24, 2017, 08:45:33 AM »

Offline Chris22

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 460
Very understandable...hopefully his agent is explaining this to him.

It's better for him to move now. Let's get it done.

Someone send this to his agent.

« Reply #41 on: June 24, 2017, 08:55:54 AM »

Offline ETNCeltics

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 306
so confirmed George will sign extension if we can grab Hayward? July 1st cannot come quick enough!

No, we cannot get Hayward and extend George.  There is not enough money.  It's one or the other (or neither.)
Why? I thought is a trade for George this year still cap space to sign Hayward, extension is after this year.
The only way they can get an extension now for PG is to bump his salary $10 million up to the max. So adding PG wouldn't be a cap neutral move, as it would be if we traded AB & filler or whatever without an extension. 

The moves Kaufman is talking about would leave us way over the cap. I can't envision how they can possibly make it work without moving Horford. We'd have to ship out and waive everything that isn't tied down.

« Reply #42 on: June 24, 2017, 08:57:56 AM »

Offline Chris22

• Rajon Rondo

The only way they can get an extension now for PG is to bump his salary $10 million up to the max. So adding PG wouldn't be a cap neutral move, as it would be if we traded AB & filler or whatever without an extension. 

The moves Kaufman is talking about would leave us way over the cap. I can't envision how they can possibly make it work without moving Horford. We'd have to ship out and waive everything that isn't tied down.

Perhaps we are trading for George without an extension.
Going for the championship now.
IT, Brown, Hayward, George, and Horford.

« Reply #43 on: June 24, 2017, 09:00:11 AM »

Offline ETNCeltics

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 306

We're giving up the potential #2-5 pick for one year of PG?

I can't believe Ainge would be that stupid.

« Reply #44 on: June 24, 2017, 09:02:08 AM »

Offline Chris22

• Rajon Rondo

We're giving up the potential #2-5 pick for one year of PG?

I can't believe Ainge would be that stupid.

You are assuming what the terms would be. A one year rental would require a lot less payment.