Author Topic: Suns are the reason Jackson wouldn't work out for C's? ESPN  (Read 5622 times)

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196
Josh Jackson skipped out on a pre-draft workout with Boston at the last second, a move that didn’t sit too well with the Celtics. The Phoenix Suns, who ended up drafting the former Kansas star, might have had something to do with it, but aren’t saying what. 11 mins ago – via ESPN

“You guys know my connection to the Boston Celtics and the respect I have for Danny Ainge, but you guys also know how competitive I am and it is a competition,” Suns general manager Ryan McDonough said Friday without elaborating much more. “The process is what it is and we played by the rules, I guess. I’m just thrilled Josh Jackson is sitting next to me and is a member of the Phoenix Suns.” 11 mins ago – via ESPN

What do you think happened?

Re: Suns are the reason Jackson wouldn't work out for C's? ESPN
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2017, 09:09:56 PM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 976
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
we played by the rules, I guess
lol

« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2017, 09:12:08 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1762
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
Draft promise and a guarantee to start. I mean, the way things went down with the trip to Sacramento - Jackson and Armstrong were obviously avoiding the Cs like the plague. They wouldn't even meet to talk.

« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2017, 09:14:14 PM »

Offline Fan from VT

• NCE
  • Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 777
Josh Jackson skipped out on a pre-draft workout with Boston at the last second, a move that didn’t sit too well with the Celtics. The Phoenix Suns, who ended up drafting the former Kansas star, might have had something to do with it, but aren’t saying what. 11 mins ago – via ESPN

“You guys know my connection to the Boston Celtics and the respect I have for Danny Ainge, but you guys also know how competitive I am and it is a competition,” Suns general manager Ryan McDonough said Friday without elaborating much more. “The process is what it is and we played by the rules, I guess. I’m just thrilled Josh Jackson is sitting next to me and is a member of the Phoenix Suns.” 11 mins ago – via ESPN

What do you think happened?

"If you don't work out for boston and you are available at 4 we guarantee we will pick you."

« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2017, 09:16:04 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
Draft promise and a guarantee to start. I mean, the way things went down with the trip to Sacramento - Jackson and Armstrong were obviously avoiding the Cs like the plague. They wouldn't even meet to talk.
That's probably why we should have picked him. Now all the agents will pull this. On the other hand I don't want a primadona on the team. Just need to point out how much more money Tatum is making repeatedly.

« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2017, 09:22:34 PM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2238
We should've picked him and then squeezed the Suns' ass hard to give up an asset for him.

« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2017, 09:25:38 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1762
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
That's probably why we should have picked him. Now all the agents will pull this. On the other hand I don't want a primadona on the team. Just need to point out how much more money Tatum is making repeatedly.

Hey, it might work out best for him, but that is not how you handle the situation. You at least meet with the team (since they are already flying across the country to see you) and let them know your desire to be drafted by the Suns and concerns with being drafted by the Cs. It might be uncomfortable, but that is life.

I didn't agree with Jackson's apparent character issues, but the latest news just shows a lack of integrity. He may end up being a great player (I was in favor of drafting him), but I can definitely see why the Cs went with Tatum.

« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2017, 09:25:45 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867

I was a fan...but Jackson comes off as an arrogant, son of a gun.   

Listen to 1 min and 22 sec .  Guys who are competitive/work had, don't talk like this...   Glad we passed on him.   

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OLrgYwf8q_I

« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2017, 09:27:20 PM »

Offline guava_wrench

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 777
Players should always try to do what is in their best interests. MCW got rookie of the year because he was on a bad team Put him on a good team as a rookie and his name never blows up.

« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2017, 09:29:07 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
RM is resorting to playing dirty...thats fine... his job is on the line.   

Overall he has done a crappy job building the Suns... 

« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2017, 09:40:45 PM »

Offline mahcussmaht

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 6
Jackson will be great.  He would have started for us.

« Reply #11 on: June 23, 2017, 09:43:15 PM »

Offline tonydelk

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 467
If the cs had drafted Jackson the suns would have said they wanted Tatum.  Mcdoughnut is still p---ed Ainge fleeced him for IT.

« Reply #12 on: June 23, 2017, 09:44:06 PM »

Offline G-Bones

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 97
Can't shoot.  Glad we passed on him.

« Reply #13 on: June 23, 2017, 09:49:44 PM »

Offline mctyson

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 372

Doesn't Armstrong deserved to be fired for that though?  He possibly cost his client money.

« Reply #14 on: June 23, 2017, 10:17:56 PM »

Offline NorCalJack

• Svi Mykhailiuk
  • Tommy Points: 5

Doesn't Armstrong deserved to be fired for that though?  He possibly cost his client money.

Jackson can probably sue Armstrong for lost wages.  Armstrong has a fiduciary obligation to his client to see that he get the most money possible.  Obviously this did not happen.