Author Topic: Pacers fans not that high on PG13, red flag?  (Read 3964 times)

Re: Pacers fans not that high on PG13, red flag?
« Reply #15 on: June 24, 2017, 12:49:43 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Wow, those jilted fans are tame. If a superstar for the Celtics were doing everything he could to get outta Boston, CBers would be much nastier than that. Thank god for the good manners of the people in the midwest. 😂

« Reply #16 on: June 24, 2017, 01:07:29 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
Wow, those jilted fans are tame. If a superstar for the Celtics were doing everything he could to get outta Boston, CBers would be much nastier than that. Thank god for the good manners of the people in the midwest. 😂
Imagine if Pierce had come out and done this. Or IT doing it now. Would be a madhouse in here  :P
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #17 on: June 24, 2017, 01:13:01 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834
Who has watched PG extensively since his injury? Those stats are pretty discouraging. I am intrigued by George because he had the rep of being able to defend Lebron. Is that still the case? What about defending KD? How does he do against him post injury?

Who has done the research? Not I.

« Reply #18 on: June 24, 2017, 01:13:07 PM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544

Most definitely. Boston fans have earned their rep as some of the most loyal, but also unforgiving and vindictive.

« Reply #19 on: June 24, 2017, 01:19:45 PM »

Offline playdream

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 88
Who has watched PG extensively since his injury? Those stats are pretty discouraging. I am intrigued by George because he had the rep of being able to defend Lebron. Is that still the case? What about defending KD? How does he do against him post injury?

That's my concern, THEY are the ones who knows PG better than us, just like we know Rondo
and there are stats backing it up
and it's more like taking off your "Pacer glass" rather than talking Edited.  Profanity and masked profanity are against forum rules and may result in discipline. with madness

« Reply #20 on: June 24, 2017, 01:32:57 PM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544

I won't say I have watched him extensively, but I watched him a fair amount.  He looks the same as before the injury in my eyes.  He doesn't seem to work quite as hard on defense anymore, but that is likely partly due to the fact the offense is solely on him now.  I think you would see a renewed effort from him on defense if he didn't have to carry the entire offensive burden.

Also, what stats are you referring to as "not encouraging"?

Did you know that George just shot the highest FG% and TS% of any season of his career this past year, as well as the second highest 3P% of his career?  He also averaged the highest PPG of his career each of the last two seasons.  His shooting percentage are going up as he takes more shots, that indicates to me a player that is at least as good as he was pre-injury, if not maybe even better.

Some of his other regular counting stats have slightly dipped, but he's being asked to do so much on offense I'm not worried about this.  At the end of the day he still has a positive +/- and held the man he was defending to a net neutral percentage (compared to against the rest of the league).  The Pacers were a net -4.6 points per game worse without him on the court.