Author Topic: Magic in perfect position to stick it to us yet again....  (Read 4441 times)

Magic in perfect position to stick it to us yet again....
« on: June 23, 2017, 06:50:39 PM »

Offline Dchuck

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 72
Imagine we give up some important assets, or any valuable assets for that matter, for PG13, only to see him leave us and sign with the Lakers.  I can almost already see that grin on his face as he realizes he got us yet again. 

I really hope any PG13 pursuit doesn't involve any lottery picks.  It is such a huge gamble to mortgage our future for a one year rental hoping we can dissuade him from going to Tinseltown.  Chicago or New York?  Fine.  Golden State or Miami? Whatever.  But LA?  Wow, what a kick in the bean bags that would be.  ESPECIALLY, with Magic at the helm. 

Think about it.  He can ruin our pick next season (by winning more games).  Then just a few days later, sitting at a press conference, grinning ear to ear because he just signed PG13 AND knowing he stuck it to us.  2018 version of the baby hook.

Re: Magic in perfect position to stick it to us yet again....
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2017, 06:56:38 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 996
Didn't know Magic Johnson coaches the LA Lakers.

Regardless, he can only obtain players. So far, I think he made a huge mistake trading the young guy Russell away. Lonzo Ball being in the Lakers doesn't get any better as he is now a walking target for many players across the league thanks to his loudmouth dad.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2017, 07:01:29 PM »

Offline Dchuck

• Jayson Tatum
Didn't know Magic Johnson coaches the LA Lakers.

Regardless, he can only obtain players. So far, I think he made a huge mistake trading the young guy Russell away. Lonzo Ball being in the Lakers doesn't get any better as he is now a walking target for many players across the league thanks to his loudmouth dad.

Hmmm......not sure where I said he coaches the Lakers.  Sooo, anyway....

He may not coach them ( not sure what that has to do with anything ) but he is still in charge.  He calls the shots.  He'll get all the glory for any player he "obtains" including drafts and free agency.

« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2017, 07:02:28 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1762
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
Crowder, AB, and...the LAL/Sac pick will likely need to be involved, but it's not the end of the world. If Danny really was ready to take Tatum at #1, then that pick is just extra. I realize that it is much more than that to all of us now, but I would take that chance on George. Along with signing Hayward, we will be looking amazing for a very long time if George re-signs. Sometimes you just need to take chances.

« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2017, 07:02:48 PM »

Offline Rakulp

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 78
Of course, the flip side of that opinion is that Danny is smart enough to bring Paul George to the team, the fans and city embrace him to the point that he signs a new contract to be part of the Celtic legacy...and Magic gets a lesson in life. 

Glitz and glamour appeal to some, but winning brings out the best in all.

Rak

« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2017, 07:02:50 PM »

Offline Future Celtics Owner

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 191
  • Celtic's only raise championship Banners
PG13 is a liar and cheater. We can NOT take his word on anything.

Ask Doc Rivers daughter how trustworthy he is....

Re: Ainge in perfect position to stick it to Lakers yet again....
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2017, 07:02:51 PM »

Offline td450

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 254
It could be that we swoop in, get him and Hayward, sign him to 3 more years, win 64 games and get to the finals.

« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2017, 07:06:46 PM »

Offline Dchuck

• Jayson Tatum
If we do risk a bunch to get him, I sure hope u guys are right.  Because I (as everyone else) would hate to waste valuable assets on someone who walks away after one year to any team, much less the Lakers and Magic

« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2017, 07:08:43 PM »

• Ray Allen
Imagine we give up some important assets, or any valuable assets for that matter, for PG13, only to see him leave us and sign with the Lakers.  I can almost already see that grin on his face as he realizes he got us yet again. 

I really hope any PG13 pursuit doesn't involve any lottery picks.  It is such a huge gamble to mortgage our future for a one year rental hoping we can dissuade him from going to Tinseltown.  Chicago or New York?  Fine.  Golden State or Miami? Whatever.  But LA?  Wow, what a kick in the bean bags that would be.  ESPECIALLY, with Magic at the helm. 

Think about it.  He can ruin our pick next season (by winning more games).  Then just a few days later, sitting at a press conference, grinning ear to ear because he just signed PG13 AND knowing he stuck it to us.  2018 version of the baby hook.
TP and agree
1)Brooke Lopez alone is a huge get for ANY team.
2) They will not be sitting guys like they so publicly did last year, which will add more wins....there should be a rule or something to penalize them for sitting their new $ 33million FA's for no reason except to lose. They end up with the 2nd pick again and literally sit Deng and Mozgov, btoh players laugh in the press about it bc they are not hurt and getting paid tons of money.

« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2017, 07:14:53 PM »

• Ray Allen

TP and agree
1)Brooke Lopez alone is a huge get for ANY team.
2) They will not be sitting guys like they so publicly did last year, which will add more wins....there should be a rule or something to penalize them for sitting their new $ 33million FA's for no reason except to lose. They end up with the 2nd pick again and literally sit Deng and Mozgov, btoh players laugh in the press about it bc they are not hurt and getting paid tons of money.
One things he did do is get Brooke Lopez off the Nets though. Lopez is a very rare CENTER that gave the Nets an advantage over almost every team...especially in the East. He stretched the floor and opened everything up. Even if D. Russell averages 20+ per game he still won't have anywhere near the effect that Lopez had.

If Lopez gets hurt for the entire season then the LAL pick could be in play...especially if a rookie struggles for them.

« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2017, 07:19:54 PM »

Offline PAOBoston

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 533
Magic's plan might backfire should no free agents go to LA. If the Cs were somehow to land PG with an extension, it would be a massive blow for him.

And he dumped Russell to the Nets as well for nothing.

« Reply #11 on: June 23, 2017, 07:40:51 PM »

Offline 86MaxwellSmart

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 379
July 1st, 12:01am...Gordon Hayward agrees to terms with Boston.

Dominoes will fall....PG13 to follow with 3 year extension.

Magic can suck it.
Larry Bird was Greater than you think.

« Reply #12 on: June 23, 2017, 07:44:36 PM »

Offline GreenCoffeeBean

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 91
This is why sign and trades exist...

« Reply #13 on: June 23, 2017, 07:50:16 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700
Magic's plan might backfire should no free agents go to LA. If the Cs were somehow to land PG with an extension, it would be a massive blow for him.

And he dumped Russell to the Nets as well for nothing.

Yeah, it was way too early to do that. He should have at least waited to see what he has in Ball.

« Reply #14 on: June 23, 2017, 08:13:55 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
It will be Rob Pelinka who sticks us not Magic.   Magic is just there as the former NBA player figurehead of the franchise.   Rob Pelinks is the smart guy GM.   You can bet there are probably provisions in place after they saw Magic coach  and his abysmal record that they put Rob in charge.