Author Topic: After thinking about it Tatum should be main chip in PG13 trade  (Read 6651 times)

Re: After thinking about it Tatum should be main chip in PG13 trade
« Reply #30 on: June 25, 2017, 12:10:54 AM »

Offline ausbacker

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 39
PG13 is too old. We want guys in their teens and early 20's for our next championship run, which starts in about 3-6 years (depending on what happens with GS).
I'm fine with the Celtics building a team through the draft and collecting draft capital. It seems people want Ainge to trade in veterans to stroke their "I told you so, look at how good my trade suggestion" egos.

Build through the draft, hit desirable free agents, and make an offer on (if he becomes available) a transcendent talent.

« Reply #31 on: June 25, 2017, 12:30:30 AM »

Offline chiken Green

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 75
IF PG is the last peice of the puzzle needed to beat Cle and the Warriors then by all means make the deal..

PG is not the last piece to OUR championship puzzle.. He has not been the same player since the injury. (Scratch that) He IS not the same player since the injury..

You dont gut your team for a rental - you dont gut your team for an aging bottom 25 player who also happens to be a 1 yr rental.

Brown + Tatum and 18 = the future...  Let GSW beast for a couple years (and dont forget next year you will probably have that other super team in LA with Lebron and Friends)

« Reply #32 on: June 25, 2017, 09:59:02 AM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196
IF PG is the last peice of the puzzle needed to beat Cle and the Warriors then by all means make the deal..

PG is not the last piece to OUR championship puzzle.. He has not been the same player since the injury. (Scratch that) He IS not the same player since the injury..

You dont gut your team for a rental - you dont gut your team for an aging bottom 25 player who also happens to be a 1 yr rental.

Brown + Tatum and 18 = the future...  Let GSW beast for a couple years (and dont forget next year you will probably have that other super team in LA with Lebron and Friends)

What are you even talking about aging player? He literally just turned 27 last month. He is just entering his prime. This past season he put up 23.7 ppg , 6.5 RPG, and 3 APG

Yea , he's really over the hill...

« Reply #33 on: June 25, 2017, 10:02:26 AM »

Offline PaulAllen

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 55
The player that makes Tatum the most expendable is Michael Porter ...
Now it will be a year until the Celtics know that they even have a chance to get him but the odds are pretty good ...

« Reply #34 on: June 25, 2017, 10:04:06 AM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1756
  • Everybody knows what's best for you

What are you even talking about aging player? He literally just turned 27 last month. He is just entering his prime. This past season he put up 23.7 ppg , 6.5 RPG, and 3 APG

Yea , he's really over the hill...

I think people are a little fearful that his game has become more perimeter oriented, but it certainly hasn't seemed to affect his production, especially on the offensive end.

We are all very attached to our high draft picks (thank goodness Danny acquired another one in the Fultz deal!) so trading them for anybody who is not AD, Durant, or Towns is a little scary.

« Reply #35 on: June 25, 2017, 10:20:21 AM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
If the Celtics make the move and PG13 does the extension, I make the Lakers pick the main chip. 

With Crowder and AB likely going, the Celtics still need swing depth, especially if they play to play small often. 

And with Boston keeping George from the Lakers, they still stink.   

« Reply #36 on: June 25, 2017, 10:38:49 AM »

Offline dreamgreen

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
If the Celtics make the move and PG13 does the extension, I make the Lakers pick the main chip. 

With Crowder and AB likely going, the Celtics still need swing depth, especially if they play to play small often. 

And with Boston keeping George from the Lakers, they still stink.

I agree with this. I would think Indy would ask for Tatum he could be a good replacement in the future for them but I hope Danny would hold on to him.

« Reply #37 on: June 25, 2017, 10:44:30 AM »

Offline GreenEnvy

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1031

His injury was a broken bone. Not a ligament, muscle, joint. Bones heal. He's fine. He's in his prime.
CELTICS 2024

« Reply #38 on: June 25, 2017, 10:48:42 AM »

Offline PaulP34

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 39
No to trading Tatum, no to trading Brown. If they want something for a 1 year rental the AB n Jae should be enough. Giving up anything else would be stupidity

« Reply #39 on: June 25, 2017, 11:03:23 AM »

Offline acieEarl

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 47
No chance Cs are trading Tatum.

I would think that asking price can't be too high for PG13. Not many teams would consider the risk and I'm pretty sure LA will just wait it out till next year and pay him, not give up any assets. Giving Indy that Lakers pick, Crowder, and maybe our pick next year would be a good trade for Indy. None of the likely lottery pick teams next year are going to want to give up their pick + getting PG13 would probably keep them out of the lottery.

« Reply #40 on: June 25, 2017, 11:54:38 AM »

Offline tstorey_97

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 586
CB = Speculation nation

Tough week with Ainge in the presser the other day telling the media they overdid reporting on pretty much every rumor.

George is available. Indy has no leverage. That is what we know everything else is just yack.

I can only add this. Ainge would prefer George over Hayward. OMG! We don't get both?!

Getting both is a "win now" strategy which we all fall into this time of year.(I certainly do. This roster was annihilated by the Cavs).

What the get both George/Hayward discussion is about is, "win now."

I don't think that is how Ainge sees it. Of course if it all comes together a la Garnett? Off we go, but, Ainge is working on a title roster. Watch what Ainge DOES. Kind of ignore or, at least, filter what he says.

"We will go after Hayward" is strictly media speak. He has to say it.

I will repeat he likes George more than Hayward. But, Ainge is not in "win now" mode.

Swap George for Crowder on the roster and see what happens next year? I wish he would, but that George to LA talk is kinda gross.

Ainge would trade Tatum for George?...of course he would.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2017, 12:01:58 PM by tstorey_97 »

« Reply #41 on: June 25, 2017, 03:58:28 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842
CB = Speculation nation

Tough week with Ainge in the presser the other day telling the media they overdid reporting on pretty much every rumor.

George is available. Indy has no leverage. That is what we know everything else is just yack.

I can only add this. Ainge would prefer George over Hayward. OMG! We don't get both?!

Getting both is a "win now" strategy which we all fall into this time of year.(I certainly do. This roster was annihilated by the Cavs).

What the get both George/Hayward discussion is about is, "win now."

I don't think that is how Ainge sees it. Of course if it all comes together a la Garnett? Off we go, but, Ainge is working on a title roster. Watch what Ainge DOES. Kind of ignore or, at least, filter what he says.

"We will go after Hayward" is strictly media speak. He has to say it.

I will repeat he likes George more than Hayward. But, Ainge is not in "win now" mode.

Swap George for Crowder on the roster and see what happens next year? I wish he would, but that George to LA talk is kinda gross.

Ainge would trade Tatum for George?...of course he would.
This entire post is speculation...
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.