Author Topic: So where does Rondo land?  (Read 4359 times)

Re: So where does Rondo land?
« Reply #15 on: June 24, 2017, 02:51:48 AM »

Offline TheSundanceKid

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 199
Pels! Of course!

« Reply #16 on: June 24, 2017, 03:06:57 AM »

Offline LGC88

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 167
I'm sure many teams will fight to give him a max.
After all, only Lebron can sweep a number 1 seed by himself like Rondo.

« Reply #17 on: June 24, 2017, 04:56:00 AM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji
Man, talk about a domino effect.  Had Indiana been able to get Dwight Howard for Thaddeus Young and Big Al, which is significantly more than the Hawks got for him, in the wake of the Jimmy Butler trade, the Pacers could have wound up with Howard, Rondo, and Arron Afflalo, who was just released by the Kings.  Keep Stephenson as the 6th man, and that team could win it all, even though the locker room would be quite entertaining, to say the least, lol ;D.

It does make me wonder, though - say that the Pacers, with that team, actually won the title next year.  Would George still leave?  I have to think that that would be pretty difficult from a PR standpoint, alone, so I'd go for it, lol ;D.

« Reply #18 on: June 24, 2017, 10:00:53 AM »

Offline timpiker

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 112
I saw a rumor of Rubio going to Dallas (?) so maybe Rondo to T'Wolves makes some sense.

« Reply #19 on: June 24, 2017, 10:17:07 AM »

Offline mqtcelticsfan

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 236
Pels! Of course!

I actually like this fit quite a bit given he has already played well with Boogie.

« Reply #20 on: June 24, 2017, 10:20:23 AM »

Offline RLewis35

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 20
  • I drink and I know things
I saw a rumor of Rubio going to Dallas (?) so maybe Rondo to T'Wolves makes some sense.

Pretty sure butler didn't want to play w rondo anymore on the bulls..

« Reply #21 on: June 24, 2017, 10:25:49 AM »

Offline NHCelticsFan

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 179
I could see Philly bringing him on board as a vet.  They could also pay him a fair amount as they have some cap space.

« Reply #22 on: June 24, 2017, 10:41:07 AM »

Offline tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 549
The Pels would be a good fit but it only happens if they don't re-sign.  I don't see him going to the Sixers.  They'll use their cap space to renegotiate and extend Covington and to bring in some shooting (e.g. Redick).   

« Reply #23 on: June 24, 2017, 11:34:21 AM »

Offline cons

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 103
lakers-

let him "mentor" ball so we get that #2 pick :)!!

« Reply #24 on: June 24, 2017, 11:44:18 AM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
Where ever he lands I wish him well.

An All-Time Celtics great (and almost a Celtics Killer just a couple of months ago).

He still has "it". I hope he gets opportunity to utilize his vast skill-set and experience where ever he lands.

« Reply #25 on: June 24, 2017, 12:06:47 PM »

Offline ThaPreacher

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 174
  • THA PREACHER
Well once Rozier, Bradley, and Crowder leave for the all star big, Rondo comes aboard to backup IT4.

We move IT to the off guard.

Actually,  New Orleans, Indiana, Minnesota, L.A. Clips, Philadelphia, GS, Milwaukee, Washington,
all would be teams who with possibilities. Clearly, if you have a few shooters, it makes him even more lethal.  But he took a perimeter starved team like the Bulls and put them on his back. Can't imagine what he would do with a few shooters and  court spacing.  He deserves to get bought  out and have a fresh start after what Chicago has done to their lineup.
"Just do what you do best."  -Red Auerbach-

« Reply #26 on: June 24, 2017, 12:46:54 PM »

Offline Rosco917

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 559
I think Rondo's future is in coaching. That said, he's still young and would do well in certain situations, on certain teams.

« Reply #27 on: June 24, 2017, 12:54:52 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2661
  • bammokja
Where ever he lands I wish him well.

An All-Time Celtics great (and almost a Celtics Killer just a couple of months ago).

He still has "it". I hope he gets opportunity to utilize his vast skill-set and experience where ever he lands.
well, it will be interesting to see whether or not he can move beyond his current status as a journeyman.

i wish him luck. maybe he can team up with james young.  ;D
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #28 on: June 24, 2017, 01:00:08 PM »

Offline GreenEnvy

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1031
I think Rondo's future is in coaching. That said, he's still young and would do well in certain situations, on certain teams.

I don't think he's got the personality to be an effective coach, at all. His attitude is all wrong and I do not believe he can get the best a player has to offer out of them.
CELTICS 2024

« Reply #29 on: June 24, 2017, 01:29:40 PM »

Offline incoherent

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 278
  • 7 + 11 = 18

I don't think he's got the personality to be an effective coach, at all. His attitude is all wrong and I do not believe he can get the best a player has to offer out of them.

Effective head coach? I doubt it also.  The perfect assistant coach? Absolutely.  Guy can see the game like no other, and having a basketball savant go through film and watch the game to help you make adjustments would be huge for any head coach.