Author Topic: IT4's Hip  (Read 1694 times)

IT4's Hip
« on: June 23, 2017, 03:43:06 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
I wish IT would just have the surgery now so he has the off season to recover and not miss half the season by having it later in the year.

Re: IT4's Hip
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2017, 03:46:33 PM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196
I kinda agree, but I think Smart is ready to run an offense that has 2 all NBA players on the wing and Horford who led centers in assists last year.

Smart and Rosier should be able to help the c's win while IT gets healthy.

« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2017, 03:47:53 PM »

Offline Erik

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 235
  • The voice of reason
I'm not a doctor, but you probably don't just replace your hip if you can get by without it. It's a lot to ask for from a 28 year old.

« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2017, 03:52:55 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
I was under the impression he had to wait until the swelling went down and he was able to test his movement on the hip before determining if surgery was the option. I think he is still a few weeks away from that point.

« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2017, 03:58:19 PM »

Offline dreamgreen

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
TP for bringing it up because I was going to ask about it. So what the hell is wrong with it?

« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2017, 04:08:53 PM »

Offline timpiker

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 112
It would be stupid to operate if it's not needed

« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2017, 04:23:40 PM »

Offline Sketch5

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280
TP for bringing it up because I was going to ask about it. So what the hell is wrong with it?

In a simp!e way to explain. The hip joint has a bunch of tendons in it. If IT hurt his hip it could have swelled. If the ball of the leg started to rub against it during this time it would keep it aggravated.

If the ball at the end of the leg is miss shaped, then surgery is needed. That's why the wait for surgery.

« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2017, 05:07:25 PM »

Offline OldSchoolDude

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 79
How long does it take for this kind of swelling to go down?  I mean seriously it's been a while now.  I'm thinking if after several weeks you still don't know if you need surgery because the swelling still hasn't gone down then I think you probably need surgery.

« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2017, 05:21:27 PM »

Offline Sketch5

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280
How long does it take for this kind of swelling to go down?  I mean seriously it's been a while now.  I'm thinking if after several weeks you still don't know if you need surgery because the swelling still hasn't gone down then I think you probably need surgery.

It can take a couple months. Every time he gets up to go to the bathroom he's aggravating it.

« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2017, 05:45:08 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
I wish IT would just have the surgery now so he has the off season to recover and not miss half the season by having it later in the year.

yes .....he is screwing up.....every day he waits ......its a unique injury ....the tissue does not grow back or tighten up on its own .   He needs surgery like AB n KO to stablize it . 

just because the swelling goes down,  does not mean its healed.   way i understand it ,  if its torn ...it takes surgery to tie it back together correctly.

if it is torn , then he should have it repaired .

« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2017, 07:18:35 PM »

Offline playdream

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 88
I am a doctor and i don't think he is treating it appropriate
if the ligament is totally torn than maybe you will need the (micro)surgery to direct fix it
but if it's only partial torn or lesser degree and swelling there are ways to help it self-heal
I don't know what method he is taking but for 1 month of rest and therapy it shounld't be just "a little better"