Author Topic: D Wade stuck on bad Chicago team. Will he try to get bought out?  (Read 3086 times)

Re: D Wade stuck on bad Chicago team. Will he try to get bought out?
« Reply #15 on: June 25, 2017, 10:36:37 AM »

Offline Chief

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2450
Anyone see him saying "I thought jimmy would stay that's why I signed, now  buy me out"

If he gets bought out, he can still get paid a lot of the Chicago money while joining the cavs for cheap

Yeah, he ends up playing with Lebron before the end of the season.
Once you are labeled 'the best' you want to stay up there, and you can't do it by loafing around.

Larry Bird

« Reply #16 on: June 25, 2017, 10:39:18 AM »

Offline GreenEnvy

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1031
I would not be at all surprised if he requested a buyout.

Article from the sun times in the subject:

http://chicago.suntimes.com/sports/bulls-react-to-dwyane-wade-buyout-comment-in-wake-of-butler-trade/

The buy-out should be $500,000. Don't opt-in if you aren't willing to play no matter what. You're a has-been, not a shot-caller. Can't wait 'til he's done playing.
CELTICS 2024

« Reply #17 on: June 25, 2017, 10:41:19 AM »

Offline dreamgreen

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
He got his rings, he's grabbing more money now. I don't get the feeling he cares about winning at this point as much as in the past.

« Reply #18 on: June 25, 2017, 10:45:23 AM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544
He opted in to 24 million dollars on his own free will, he new what he was doing. Unless he wants to agree to a buyout that results in him giving up the majority of that money, the Bulls should force him to play out the season.

Chicago offered Wade that contract, also of their own free will, and under the premise they were trying to "win now".  No one forced them to offer him that contract.  Now that the Bulls have decided to go in a different direction, while they certainly do not have to buy out Wade's contract, it's probably the right thing to do unless a trade comes along that is mutually beneficial for all parties involved.

Earning the good will of a player of Wade's stature carries it's own value, which should not be ignored here.  Other players pay attention to these things.

« Reply #19 on: June 25, 2017, 10:55:46 AM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1763
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
It really wouldn't be fair if he decided to go play in Cleveland for nothing after getting bought out for the majority of his contract.

I wish the NBA would change the buy-out rules to work similarly as when a player is waived. If so, other teams with cap space could bid on Wade and he would be forced to go to the highest bidder.

I suppose Chicago could just waive him and 'stick it to him', but as KG's Knee mentioned, that probably doesn't help with the signing of potential future FAs. If Wade plays hardball with the buy-out, then it may an option for them, though.

Still, it doesn't hurt to have Wade around, as long as he isn't a total jerk. He will help bring fans to the stadium and that is important when they are clearly going with the youth movement. I think he stays.

« Reply #20 on: June 25, 2017, 11:01:10 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
He got his rings, he's grabbing more money now. I don't get the feeling he cares about winning at this point as much as in the past.

Exactly

wouldn't be surprised if he is riding the bench alot next next and a buyout is forced