Author Topic: Sport Science: Jayson Tatum (defensive range > Kahwi, dunks wearing armor)  (Read 4151 times)

Offline playdream

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 88
This was fun, I was surprised to see the high vertical. In games he doesn't seem to get a ton of lift, but I think that is since he's a good two foot leaper not a good 1 foot leaper.
It's because he use skills thus don't need to jump that high/hard everytime and torn his ACL like rose

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25629
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
How does Tatum's agent let him dunk with a bunch of armor on? It makes for a fun clip, but it's also a potential way to get hurt.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

Offline guava_wrench

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 777
Man, ESPN sports "science" is so stupid. They should just ditch the facade of being "science". They are just pure entertainment.

The most impressive thing in the video is Tatum's sense of humor that he would be willing to do something so dumb.

Offline playdream

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 88
Man, ESPN sports "science" is so stupid. They should just ditch the facade of being "science". They are just pure entertainment.

The most impressive thing in the video is Tatum's sense of humor that he would be willing to do something so dumb.
lol i laughed so hard

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
It's a good feel out process, no? Especially if he's going to play at the PF with a George - Hayward - Horford - IT lineup, he'd need to put on some mass.  ;)

So if he can move and jump somehow okay while carrying 270, he could probably be good at around 225-230. Of course it's just one experiment and putting armour is different than actually carrying your own weight, but it's a good "good to know" thing.
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

Offline Bobshot

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 141
Tatum has a chance to be a real stud. He's a natural. Can do a lot well, and is still growing.

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136

Tatum's Max reach is 11 ft 3/4.
  Greek freaks Max reaches 12 ft two inches, that's extremely impressive, and I did see that on film he's an excellent weakside shot-blocker.

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
It's a good feel out process, no? Especially if he's going to play at the PF with a George - Hayward - Horford - IT lineup, he'd need to put on some mass.  ;)

So if he can move and jump somehow okay while carrying 270, he could probably be good at around 225-230. Of course it's just one experiment and putting armour is different than actually carrying your own weight, but it's a good "good to know" thing.
agree 100%

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 560
  • STAND FIRM, SAY NO TO VIBE MEN
I am about same height and I dunked it with three 40 lbs (120lb significally more )weight vests on a bet, when I was a freshman in college.   I would say lots of guys could dunk it in armor.  Granted this was 1987.  It was not that hard, I had slightly longer arms than Tatum.

Trust me if I could do it then I would say each college has a guy who could do it.
Did you go pro? Just asking
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA