Author Topic: Sport Science: Jayson Tatum (defensive range > Kahwi, dunks wearing armor)  (Read 4136 times)

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789

Offline biggs

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 71
Aw man, that was funny. Tp

Need some good stuff like this to warm up to Tatum
Truuuuuuuuuth!

Offline PAOBoston

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 533
Impressive and funny. But this is an accident waiting to happen.

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842
"Defensive range" is total bull
« Last Edit: June 23, 2017, 08:07:53 PM by Roy H. »
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

Offline knuckleballer

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 664
Sports Science used to be awesome.  What happened?

Offline IDreamCeltics

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 140
TP. This is excellent news.  Defense is easily the most teachable NBA skill, anyone can learn to be a good-great defender.   

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
TP. This is excellent news.  Defense is easily the most teachable NBA skill, anyone can learn to be a good-great defender.   

Disagree. The technical stuff is only half the equation

The desire, effort, sacrifing the body cant be taught

Can a coach teach a guy to dive for a loose ball?

Offline libermaniac

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 375

Yes, by benching those that don't.  My daughters volleyball coach does it all the time and it works.

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
I am about same height and I dunked it with three 40 lbs (120lb significally more )weight vests on a bet, when I was a freshman in college.   I would say lots of guys could dunk it in armor.  Granted this was 1987.  It was not that hard, I had slightly longer arms than Tatum.

Trust me if I could do it then I would say each college has a guy who could do it.

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867

Yes, by benching those that don't.  My daughters volleyball coach does it all the time and it works.

It hasnt worked for Carmelo Anthony.... The last time he dived for anything , was probably into his luxury pool

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842

It hasnt worked for Carmelo Anthony.... The last time he dived for anything , was probably into his luxury pool
Lol when was the last time someone benched melo?
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
This was fun, I was surprised to see the high vertical. In games he doesn't seem to get a ton of lift, but I think that is since he's a good two foot leaper not a good 1 foot leaper.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789

Lol when was the last time someone benched melo?

Offline droopdog7

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 466
His standing reach is what, 8'10"?  If so, his vertical is about 34" (too lazy to look up exact numbers).

Offline Dchuck

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 72
I am about same height and I dunked it with three 40 lbs (120lb significally more )weight vests on a bet, when I was a freshman in college.   I would say lots of guys could dunk it in armor.  Granted this was 1987.  It was not that hard, I had slightly longer arms than Tatum.

Trust me if I could do it then I would say each college has a guy who could do it.

Just curious.  You "had" slightly longer arms?  Did they shrink, lol?  Just kiddin