Author Topic: Porzingis+Hayward is the way to go  (Read 867 times)

Porzingis+Hayward is the way to go
« on: June 23, 2017, 02:13:33 PM »

Offline sdceltsfan

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 45
Hearing on Russillo show that the Knicks are still fielding offers for Porzingis....could just be a petty Phil Jackson tactic to shame Porzingis back to team loyalty. Who knows.

Now that we have Tatum at the 3 spot, does this not make Crowder much more easy to part with? Jae is obviously the better defender, and the bigger body, but if we are also looking to add Hayward in FA, we all of a sudden have a major log-jam at the 3, and that's even with me seeing Jaylen as more of a SG for most of our rotations.

My dream scenario at this point, is to sign Gordon Hayward, and then offer the Knicks a package of Crowder, LAL/SAC 1st, MEM 2019, BOS 2018 for Porzingis.

Is it an overpay? Maybe. But to me, the rotations we would have in 2018 are well worth giving up Crowder (who loses a starting spot to Hayward, and allows Tatum and Brown to develop), and a few picks (but still leaving us BKN 2018)

Depth Chart is scary good

IT/Smart/Rozier/Jackson
Bradley/Brown/Smart/Semi
Hayward/Tatum/Brown/Yabu/Semi
Horford/Zizic/Tatum/Yabu
Porzingis/Zizic/Zeller

That leaves us one roster spot, either for one of the new picks (Bird/Allen), or if we are somehow able to retain one of KO, Amir, or Jerbeko.....I'm assuming we aren't going to have the cap space, and we will just be stuck with one of Mickey/Allen/Bird as the 15th man. I think that team has the firepower, size, defense, and match-ups to compete and even cause fits for GS and Cleveland.

Re: Porzingis+Hayward is the way to go
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2017, 02:33:57 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1762
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
If Phil is willing to lower his price, then sure, but I think the Zinger trade rumors around Boston may be coming to an end. We had Phil's favorite piece in Jackson and took Tatum instead. I am fine with the decision, but I am not sure your proposed package gets it done. That is similar to the PG package (AB in place of Bos '18) and I would rather take the 21 year old 7'3" guy...though I won't cry if PG comes to town and agrees to sign a 5-year max next year.

Re: Porzingis+Hayward is the way to go
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2017, 02:51:10 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834
That ship has sailed.