Author Topic: Tatum >>>>>>>>>> jackson  (Read 3614 times)

Tatum >>>>>>>>>> jackson
« on: June 23, 2017, 01:47:56 PM »

Offline konkmv

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 104
Watch the 2016-17 highlights of tatum and then jacksons....
I am thrilled to get tatum..
Jackson is a stronger jaylen brown with worse shot but maybe better defence for now..(not sure about that). most of his points are created by forcing errors and dunks

And then you watch tatum.. smooth unbelievable footwork longer than jackson better shooting mechanics increadible iso player... just watch his handles the speed the variaty of moves.... woooow
Woooooooooooow
If danny pulls the trigger with hayward and george.... crowder bradley should be gone... a smart brown tatum backcourt would be awesome

Re: Tatum >>>>>>>>>> jackson
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2017, 05:34:25 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
Jackson will be lucky to become a bigger Marcus smart. Tony allen without a 3

« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2017, 05:37:18 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842
This is unfair. Jackson is a terrific player. He's a great defender and a great passer. He's also very explosive and has a terrific BBall iq on both sides. Elite competitor too.

I prefer Tatum but it's close. Jackson should be a very nice player at the next level. An explosive Justice Winslow.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2017, 05:54:14 PM »

Offline Bucketgetter

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 11
Jackson will be lucky to become a bigger Marcus smart. Tony allen without a 3
Tony Allen doesn’t have a 3.
CB Mock Deadline - Minnesota Timberwolves
Kemba Walker / Tyus Jones / Aaron Brooks
Jimmy Butler / Jamal Crawford / Treveon Graham
Rodney Hood / Nic Batum / Marcus Georges Hunt
Taj Gibson / Nemanja Bjelica / Jonas Jerebko
KAT / Derrick Favors / Cole Aldrich
Picks - 2018 CHA 1st (Lotto protected), none out

« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2017, 06:33:22 PM »

Offline Jvalin

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 737
Agreed about Jackson. Imo he 'll be a bust. Having said that, I 'm not particularly sold on Tatum either. Up until a week ago I was pretty much sure we would draft Fultz. In all honesty, I'm still p---ed off we traded down from #1.

« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2017, 06:56:40 PM »

Offline GreenEnvy

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1031
Agreed about Jackson. Imo he 'll be a bust. Having said that, I 'm not particularly sold on Tatum either. Up until a week ago I was pretty much sure we would draft Fultz. In all honesty, I'm still p---ed off we traded down from #1.

I too was p---ed about trading down, but if it gets us the cap space to get Hayward, which leads us to PG13, I'm very happy to take Tatum instead of Fultz.

It wouldn't be possible to get to max money with the top pick. And since we can't trade for George before signing Hayward, I understand why Danny moved down.

Now if those moves don't follow within the next few weeks, I'll go back to being p---ed.
CELTICS 2024

« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2017, 07:25:02 PM »

Offline Jvalin

• Ray Allen

I too was p---ed about trading down, but if it gets us the cap space to get Hayward, which leads us to PG13, I'm very happy to take Tatum instead of Fultz.

It wouldn't be possible to get to max money with the top pick. And since we can't trade for George before signing Hayward, I understand why Danny moved down.

Now if those moves don't follow within the next few weeks, I'll go back to being p---ed.
You don't trade down from #1 for salary relief. Not to mention we could keep #1 and still create max cap space for Hayward.

- renounce Kelly, Amir, Jerebko, Green, Zeller, Young
- decline team option on Mickey
- trade Bradley, Jackson for future pick(s)/salary relief
- stash Yab

That's more than enough cap space for Hayward's max (even with the cap projection reduced to $99 million).

Anyway, a quick question :

Assuming we sign both Hayward and George, how do Crowder, Brown, Tatum, Hayward and George play together?
« Last Edit: June 23, 2017, 07:31:12 PM by Jvalin »

« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2017, 07:30:11 PM »

Offline playdream

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 88
This is unfair. Jackson is a terrific player. He's a great defender and a great passer. He's also very explosive and has a terrific BBall iq on both sides. Elite competitor too.

I prefer Tatum but it's close. Jackson should be a very nice player at the next level. An explosive Justice Winslow.
He can definetly pass but he is selfish, and he is Not an elite competitor
didn't canceling workouts for not wanting to join ECF team and compete for your minute told you anything?
His good defense only hold on his elite quickness/explosiveness and one injury can take it away and ruin his carrer

« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2017, 07:35:26 PM »

Offline 86MaxwellSmart

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 379
I bet Jackson was stupid enough to think that if he skipped the C's workout, The Lakers would pick him.
Larry Bird was Greater than you think.

« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2017, 07:46:18 PM »

Offline GreenEnvy

• Antoine Walker

You don't trade down from #1 for salary relief. Not to mention we could keep #1 and still create max cap space for Hayward.

- stash Yab

That's more than enough cap space for Hayward's max (even with the cap projection reduced to $99 million).

Assuming we sign both Hayward and George, how do Crowder, Brown, Tatum, Hayward and George play together?

It's certainly plausible if Ainge wasn't as high on Fultz as others were. If he really loved Tatum, it makes perfect sense to do what he did. We will know in a few weeks if that was the master plan. If nothing big happens next week, it's a big risk he took.

I believe you would still have to stash Zizic and make more moves to free up the full max. Then who do you trade for PG without AB's contract (who you would dump for nothing?)?

As for your question, I would assume at least one, but maybe two of Crowder/Brown/Tatum go to Indy. Definitely Crowder, I'd assume Bradley, and then a future pick or two.
CELTICS 2024

« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2017, 07:58:40 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2703

To me , Josh Jackson looks like the next Gerald Wallace. A good player to have, but not the all-star you hope to land at #3.

« Reply #11 on: June 23, 2017, 07:59:37 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
I fully support Tatum now he is our guy but look at our draft grades and compare with Phoenix.   We got a C and B on some sites and they got a A.   I think it is too early to tell and we ought to have an Incomplete until we see what the other pick becomes.

« Reply #12 on: June 23, 2017, 08:11:38 PM »

Offline Jvalin

• Ray Allen

- stash Yab

It's certainly plausible if Ainge wasn't as high on Fultz as others were. If he really loved Tatum, it makes perfect sense to do what he did. We will know in a few weeks if that was the master plan. If nothing big happens next week, it's a big risk he took.

I believe you would still have to stash Zizic and make more moves to free up the full max. Then who do you trade for PG without AB's contract (who you would dump for nothing?)?

As for your question, I would assume at least one, but maybe two of Crowder/Brown/Tatum go to Indy. Definitely Crowder, I'd assume Bradley, and then a future pick or two.
1. Horford $27,734,405
2. Crowder $6,796,117
3. Thomas $6,261,394
4. Brown $4,956,480
5. Smart $4,538,019
6. Rozier $1,988,520
7. Tatum $6,115,850
8. Zizic $1,645,200
9. rookie minimum $815,615
10. rookie minimum $815,615
11. rookie minimum $815,615
12. Hayward $29,700,000

SUM : $92,182,830

I wouldn't trade for Paul George. If we can't move the needle past Cleveland/Golden State it doesn't mean anything. The way I see it, the best thing we can do is be patient and build through the draft.

« Reply #13 on: June 23, 2017, 08:44:38 PM »

Offline GreenEnvy

• Antoine Walker

- stash Yab

1. Horford $27,734,405
2. Crowder $6,796,117
3. Thomas $6,261,394
4. Brown $4,956,480
5. Smart $4,538,019
6. Rozier $1,988,520
7. Tatum $6,115,850
8. Zizic $1,645,200
9. rookie minimum $815,615
10. rookie minimum $815,615
11. rookie minimum $815,615
12. Hayward $29,700,000

SUM : $92,182,830

I wouldn't trade for Paul George. If we can't move the needle past Cleveland/Golden State it doesn't mean anything. The way I see it, the best thing we can do is be patient and build through the draft.

Assuming we dumped Bradley for absolutely nothing and rounded out the roster.with a ton of rookies and has-beens, we could have afforded to keep Fultz.

If you want to build through the draft, then why even get Hayward? I can't recall any team that did it exclusively through the draft. I guess you can say GSW with Curry, Thompson, Green. Spurs have done a great job drafting over the last 20 years. Other than that? Most involve a combination of great drafting with shrewd trades and fortunate signings.

Ainge has made plenty of excellent trades. He's had some great signings. He hasn't NAILED a pick in awhile though. If he can pull in players of George's and Hayward's caliber, you do it. What are the odds these draft picks turn into all-star players? Decent chance perhaps, but why risk it and have to wait.

I'm sure Minny fans are thrilled to get a true star, even at the expense of Lavine and another prospect at #7.
CELTICS 2024

« Reply #14 on: June 23, 2017, 08:48:53 PM »

Offline Bobshot

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 141
I fully support Tatum now he is our guy but look at our draft grades and compare with Phoenix.   We got a C and B on some sites and they got a A.   I think it is too early to tell and we ought to have an Incomplete until we see what the other pick becomes.

Draft grades are BS.